68

VIVIENE WAS PUSHED INTO THE CAR, BUMPING SOMEONE. She realized that someone was Percy and mumbled an apology, but it was like he didn't even realize, he was staring at her with wide eyes and red cheeks.

"Oh, my dear!" Aphrodite gushed as soon as she saw Viviene, smiling widely. But the smile fell." Oh , dear. What did your father do?"

Viviene then realized she was still fuming- quite literally, her sockets were still filled by flames.

At the question, Percy snapped out of his world.

"Red?" Percy asked, ignoring how Viviene's stepmother squealed at the nickname. "You okay?"

"Peachy." She replied, sighing. In desperate need of comfort, Viviene took Percy's hand. Percy squeezed her hand and Viviene relaxed, closing her eyes and opening them only to find all the anger gone, her eyes now brown again." What did you need, mom?" She asked, trying to keep her heartbeat calm as Percy played with her fingers.

"Oh, how cute you two are!" Aphrodite said, smiling agiain."Why, I'm here to bind you two, of course!"

"Bind... bind us?" Viviene said, choking on air. She looked at Percy who was pretty calm and came to a conclusion Aphrodite had told him before she came into the car." Can you explain before I pass out? Why do you want to bind me to Percy?"

"You and Perseus are soulmates." 

Viviene paled.

Okay, look, she knew she had a crush on him, she accepted that. But-

"Soulmates?!"

"Soulmates, dear." Aphrodite nodded. "It has been written in the starts for centuries. We were just waiting for the right two to come along- and here you two are."

"So, my dad knows about this?" Vivienie asked, frowning deeply. Aphrodite sadly nodded, understanding Viviene's anger and desperation." He knows Percy is my soulmate but he still tries to keep me away from him?"

"He what?" Percy asked.

"Well, are you surpised, Percy? You know Ares is temperemental, yet you still push him." Aphrodite gave a look." Unlike Ares, Poseidon already blessed your relationship."

"He did?" Vivieiene asked. "Wait- Is this,"she pointed to the crown." the blessing?"

"yes, indeed my smart girl." Aphrodite clapped." Now, give me your hands! Both of you."

"Why?" Percy asked, protectively grasping Viviene's other hand.

"Oh,I won't hurt her, Perseus." Aphrodite sighed." To bind you two, I need to put marks on your palms. well, you'll see! Just give me your hands!"

Percy reluctantly let go off Viviene's hand. Aphrodite grabbed Percy's hand first and her manicured fingers touched a spot on his palm.

Aphrodite closed her eyes and started talking in ancient greek, pink mist surrounding Percy's hand. He felt  a burning but comforting sensastion but it stopped when Aphrodite let go off his hand.

A boar head was etched into his palm, glowing in red.

Aphrodite took Viviene's palm and repeated the process.

She then let go off Viviene's palm and Viviene stared at the trident on her hand, glowing in blue.

"Oh, you kids! It's so cute I'm going to cry." 

"No, no," Percy said. "Don't do that."

"And don't worry," she said. "I'm not going to let this be easy and boring for you. No, I
have some wonderful surprises in store. Anguish. Loss. Madness. Oh, you just wait."

"Madness?" Viviene narrowed her eyes in accusiation.

"That's really okay,"  Percy told her. "Don't go to any trouble."

"You're so cute. I wish all my daughters could break the heart of a boy as nice as you."

Aphrodite's eyes were tearing up. "Now, you'd better go. And do be careful in my husband's  territory, Percy, Viviene. Don't take anything. He is awfully fussy about his trinkets and trash."

"What?" Percy asked. "You mean Hephaestus?"

But the car door opened and Ares grabbed Percy's and Viviene's shoulders, pulling them out of the car and  back into the desert night.

Their audience with the goddess of love was over.

"You're lucky, punk." Ares pushed Percy away from the limo. "Be grateful."

"For what?"

"That we're being so nice. If it was up to me—"

"So why haven't you killed me?" Percy shot back. Viviene shot him a look.

"I'd love to kill you, seriously," he said. "But see, I got a situation. Word on Olympus is
that you might start the biggest war in history. I can't risk messing that up. Besides, Aphrodite  thinks you're some kinda soap-opera star or something. I kill you, that makes me look bad  with her and Viviene. But don't worry. I haven't forgotten my promise. Some day soon, kid—real soon—
you're going to raise your sword to fight, and you're going to remember the wrath of Ares."

"Dad, that's enough." Viviene harshly said, grabbing Percy's arm. 

"Why wait? I beat you once. How's that ankle healing up?"

He grinned crookedly. "Not bad, punk. But you got nothing on the master of taunts. I'll
start the fight when I'm good and ready. Until then… Get lost."

He snapped his fingers and the world did a three-sixty, spinning in a cloud of red dust. Percy and Viviene fell to the ground.
When they stood up again, the limousine was gone.

"So," Percy said, looking down at Viviene. She raised a brow." you never actually hated me,huh red?"

Viviene went red at his smug tone.

"Shut up, bubbles." Viviene mumbled.

She felt Percy take her hand and slowly trace over the shape of the trident on her palm, sending jolts through her body.

The one with the bloody hands shall ofically bind herself  to the wave.