67

THE BACKDOOR OF THE LIMO OPENED NEXT TO PERCY AND VIVIENE.

Before he could step away, the point of a sword touched his throat.

 Viviene heard the sound of Zoe and Bianca drawing their bows. As the owner of the sword got out of the car, Percy moved back very slowly. He had to, because he was pushing the point under his chin.

He smiled cruelly. "Not so fast now, are you, punk?"

He was a big man with a crew cut, a black leather biker's jacket, black jeans, a white muscle shirt, and combat boots. Wraparound shades hid his eyes, but Viviene knew what was behind those glasses—hollow sockets filled with flames. 

 "Ares," Percxy growled. 

The war god glanced at his friends. "At ease, people." then he turned to Viviene." 'Sup, daughter?" He reached out with his other hand and ruffled her hair. Viviene muttered something in greek  and glared up at her dad." Nice glare, you've been practicing?"

"Yeah! Is it better?" Viviene asked, breaking out into an adorble smile that made Percy's heart melt.

"Oh, definetly." Ares nodded. Then he snapped his fingers, and their weapons fell to the ground.

 "This is a friendly meeting." He dug the point of his blade a little farther under Percy's chin. "Of course I'd like to take your head for a trophy, but someone wants to see you. And I never behead my enemies in front of a lady."

"What lady?" Thalia asked. 

"Me, duh?" Viviene scoffed, shooting Thalia  a look. Thalia rolled her eyes playfully.

 Ares looked over at Thalia. "Well, well. I heard you were back."

He lowered his sword and pushed me away. "Thalia, daughter of Zeus," Ares mused. "You're not hanging out with very good company." 

"Hey!" Viviene sent a glare to her father, eyes shining with the same fire his were.( yes, Literal fire, not a figure of speech)

"Except for my daughter, of course." He said, though Percy saw it was forced.

 "What's your business, Ares?" she said. "Who's in the car?"

Ares smiled, enjoying the attention. "Oh, I doubt she wants to meet the rest of you. Particularly not them." He jutted his chin toward Zoe and Bianca. "Why don't you all go get some tacos while you wait? Only take Percy and Viviene a few minutes." 

 "We will not leave them alone with thee, Lord Ares," Zoe said.

 "Besides," Grover managed, "the taco place is closed."

Ares snapped his fingers again. The lights inside the taqueria suddenly blazed to life. The boards flew off the door and the CLOSED sign flipped to OPEN. "You were saying, goat boy?" 

 "Go on," Percy told his friends. "We'll handle this."

"You heard the boy," Ares said. "He's big and strong. He's got things under control." 

 Their friends reluctantly headed over to the taco restaurant.

 Ares regarded Percy with loathing, then opened the limousine door like a chauffeur. "Get inside, punk," he said. "And mind your manners. She's not as forgiving of rudeness as I am."

Percy was pushed in by Ares and then closed the door. 

"Mom's in there, isn't she?" Vivene sighed, leaning against the car. Ares nodded. "Great. Poor Perce."

"So you're on nickname basis?" Ares arched a brow." I have to kill him before you tell me you actually like him." 

"Viviene!" Ares almost gasped.

"What, dad?" Viviene grumbled. "I'm fifteen. Come on, let me live a little! Let me have crushes-"

"Excuse me if I don't trust your type," Ares glared at his daughter." last time I did, the boyfriend betrayed you and tried to use you."

"Don't drag Holden into this." Viviene glared, the fire back in her sockets and glowing dangerously." He has nothing to do with this."

"Sure he doesn't." Ares snorted sarcastically." He wanted to kill you-"

"I was there, father." Viviene loudly interrupted and only then did Ares take notice of her tense shoulders and teary eyes. "No need to rub salt into my wounds."

The God of War immidieatly felt bad, a frown on his lips. 

Viviene stayed quiet  and pushed herself off the car. She tapped her crown's spike and her trident, which she decided to name Atos, was in her hand.

Viviene spun Atos, watching as it glew a bright blue in the darkness. Then she sent it straight into a nearby tree, killing it with the electricity.

"The trident Poseidon gave you." Ares said.

"Yes." Viviene nodded and snapped her fingers. Atos was back in her hand again. "As a thank you for protecting Percy."

Then, with all her force, she sent the trident her fathers way but Ares dodged it and grabbed it.

"Careful, sweetheart." He said, and from behind his sunglasses Viviene saw his sockets burning. That only angered her, making her own bright red eyes burn.

Ares was about to speak but a knock from the inside of the car interupted him. 

He threw the trident back to his daughter who caught it with ease, turning it back into a crown and placing it on her head.

"Get in." Ares said, opening the door.