34

VIVIANE WAS WIDE AWAKE, SITTING UP IN HER BED. She couldn't sleep, just like every other night. So, she would stare out at the moon and stars, waiting for the sun to rise.

Viviene thought she sucessfully fell asleep and was dreaming when Percy's screams filled the camp. She looked around alarmed, but her siblings didn't wake.

Viviene got up and ran out the door, running straight to the sound.

"Annabeth!" Viviene shouted once she saw the girl that was running with Tyson. She forgot all about their problems and stopped in front of her." Did you..."

"We heard it to. Let's go!" Annabeth said. "I think it's coming from the beach."

The three of them ran towards the beach, Viviene turning her ring and grabbing Alcippe's sword. 

They found Percy at the beach, staring at the waves in silence.

"What's going on?" Annabeth asked. "I heard you calling for help!"

"Me, too!" Tyson said. "Heard you yell, 'Bad things are attacking!'"

"I didn't call you guys," Percy said. "I'm fine."

"But then who ..." Viviene noticed the three yellow duffel bags, then the thermos and the bottle of vitamins he was holding. "What-"

"Just listen," The Son of Poesion said. "We don't have much time."

He told the four about his and Hermes' converstation.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "we have to do the quest."

"We'll get expelled, you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled."

"So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to come back to."

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron-"

"I promised I'd keep you from danger. I can only do that by coming with you! Tyson can stay behind and tell them-"

"I want to go," Tyson said.

"No!" Annabeth's voice sounded close to panic. "I mean ... Percy, come on. You know that'simpossible."

Viviane seemed to understand Annabeth's reaction, and despite the beef they had going on, she grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"We can't leave him," Percy decided. "Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy-" Viviene said, trying to keep her cool, but Annabeth interrupted.

"we're going to Polyphemus's island!Polyphemus is an S-i-k ... a C-y-k . .."

 She stamped her foot in frustration. As smart as she was, she was dylexics too.
" You know what I mean!"

"Tyson can go," Percy insisted, "if he wants to."

Tyson clapped his hands. "Want to!"

Annabeth  and Viviene gave him the evil eye.

"All right," she said. "How do we get to that ship?"