Chapter 14

Harry's P.O.V

Today is day three post the fight between me and Tahira and we haven't talked to each other since then. Okay, I lied. She tried to apologise the next day but I just ignored her. Not once in my entire life had I had someone talk to me like that so it was a pretty good blow to my ego and I had no desire of feeling like that again.

The boys however, have no idea about the fight and I don't want them to be meddling in my life again. School though, is a whole another story. Somehow, somebody had overheard of the fight between us and now the people in my class now hate me more than before but I just laugh at their hypocrisy.

On the third night, if I had known what dream I was about to have, I would have pulled an all nighter to avoid it.

*Dream*

I opened my eyes to find that I was back in my London flat. I rubbed my face for a few seconds to get the sleep out of my eyes. When I saw the clock, it read three thirty AM. I wondered why I had woken up right now but then I heard a ruckus and someone curse I quickly understood.

For some reason, physically I was smiling but subconsciously I was freaking out at who was in my house at this time of the night. I got up from the bed and went towards the kitchen.

There was a woman going through the cupboards. Her back was facing me so I couldn't see her face but she was short, somewhere around 5'3. She had dark hair that fell till it was just above her hips. If it wasn't for the light reflected from her dark brown hair, I would have thought they were black. She was wearing a light blue coloured night dress and I could occasionally hear her muttering to herself.

Suddenly, it felt like I was losing all control of my body as I felt my arms cross on my chest while I leaned on the doorway before making my way towards her. I heard her mutter a 'Bingo!' as she took something out of the cupboards that looked a lot like pickles and I wrapped my arms around her waist before putting my chin on her shoulder.

She gasped a bit in surprise but when I chuckled, she relaxed in my arms. "Did I wake you up?" She asked as she opened the jar and I shook my head.

"Not really. I woke up just before I heard you." I said just as she picked a piece of pickle. I declined when she offered it to me and then she shrugged and ate it herself.

"Late night cravings, eh?" I asked in her ear and felt her shiver a bit. That was when the words I said registered in my brain. Cravings!? She was pregnant!?

I started mentally freaking out but the me in my dream just rested my- his head on her shoulder before closing his eyes. She, whoever she was, rested her head against mine and I felt, for some reason, content.

I felt a strange movement under my arms and I opened my eyes in shock. "Was that what I think that was?"

"No. That was your wife's stomach growling for food. Of course it was her." She said and chuckled a bit. But I was still reeling from shock. Wife!? When did I get married!? Who did I marry!?

The dream me just chuckled before turning her around and I felt like I could faint.

It was Tahira. But what shocked me the most was how beautiful she looked at that moment. Her skin was glowing, more than usual but the thing that struck me about her beauty was the way her hair framed her face. Her hair from the front were cut short so they just reached till her jaw but the rest of her hair were layered from her shoulder till her hips.

She looked much younger than I knew her to be. The dream me cupped her cheek and she closed her eyes and leaned into my palm.

I leaned down a bit and kissed her forehead lightly while my other hand reached her, until now, unnoticed, but very much pregnant stomach. She looked like she was about six months pregnant but I couldn't be too sure because of her small size.

"How's my daughter?" I asked and rested my forehead against hers. My eyes still not leaving my hand which rested on her stomach.

"She was quiet until now. I guess hearing you woke her up." Tahira said and I felt movement under my hand and a small kick hit it. "It sure did." I chuckled and kissed her lightly on the lips.

Before I could react to that, the scene changed and I found myself in the hospital. I felt my heart racing from fear and anxiety as I got into the scrubs as quickly as I could. It wasn't until I moved from behind the screen did I realise why I was so scared.

Tahira lay on the bed but she was so pale I thought she was dead at first but I saw her chest rising and falling so I knew she was still alive. Sweat was glistening her face and a scarf was loosely wrapped around it.

I suddenly realised what was happening. She was in labour. That thought wasn't what had me in panic. It was that she was loosing too much blood from it. A few hours later the doctors and the mid-wife's had left to get my daughter cleaned while I sat beside her.

Her eyes opened a bit and when she saw me, she raised her hand a bit gesturing me to take it and I did so quickly.

A tear fell from her eye but I wiped it away. "Sh... Everything is gonna be fine, sweetheart. Don't cry." I kissed her forehead but she shook her head slowly.

"I've lost too much blood. They don't think I'll make it." She coughed and I shook my head in denial. 

"Don't say that! You can't give up, darling. What about Ameera? What about me?" I asked and I felt tears form in my eyes and fall down my face.

She cupped my cheek with her other hand and wiped the tears away. "She'll have a wonderful father looking after her. Don't cry. I don't want to die and the last thing I see is your sad face. Can you smile for me? One last time?" I tried to smile as best as I could through my tears and she smiled back.

"Please take care of yourself and her." I simply nodded and avoided looking at her. "I love you. Remember that always." She said and I lightly kissed her one last time.

"I love you, too." She rested her head on the pillow, closed her eyes and whispered "Ashadu an la ilaha illa illa-ilah, wa ashadu anna muhammadan rasul ullah."*

A second later all that could be heard was the flat line of the heart monitor and my sobs at losing my wife.

———————————————————————————————————————————

*Ashadu an la ilaha illa illa-ilah, wa ashadu anna muhammadan rasul ullah. - I testify that there is no God but God (Allah), and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of God (Allah).

AN: I think this has been the sweetest yet the saddest chapter I have ever written. Don't hate me. I cried too while writing it and this has never happened before. Comment, Vote and Follow :)