Chapter 96

Harry's P.O.V

To my surprise, when I walked into our new bedroom that night after seeing everyone off, I found Tahira sitting in the bed, unlike the last few times she took a while to come. She looked up at me when I came in and frowned "Did you see a rectangular box when you took things out of the car? It wasn't a big one." Tahira said and I thought about it

"I think I kept it in the closet in Ameera's room." I said and she nodded, starting to get out of bed but I stopped her "No, stay there. I'll get it for you." I said and left before she could protest.

I walked into Ameera's room, well, future room, and opened the closet. There lay the box Tahira was asking about. I pulled it out and opened it, curious to what's inside and found her holy book lying there, along with rosary beads. I closed it then, walking out of the room and upstairs into ours.

"This one?" I asked when I walked into our room and she smiled, nodding "Yeah. Thanks, Harry." She said and took the box when I held it I out to her. She crossed her legs and set it down in front of her, grabbing her hijab and pulling it on. She took out the book then, opened a page that was bookmarked and started reading.

I sat on the bed next to her, looking at the pages she was reading even though I couldn't even read what it said, much less understand. "Can you read it out loud?" I asked quietly. A smile came on the corner of her lips and then her voice filled the room.

She was a little hesitant speaking it at first, and I assumed it was because she wasn't used to reading it out loud. I didn't know why I asked her to read it out loud. Maybe it was curiosity to what was written, or how it would be pronounced when read.

But in the end, I just wanted to listen to her read. It gave me an excuse to listen to her voice without any interruptions. I lay down and pulled the quilt over me. Tahira glanced at me sideways and continued reading while I closed my eyes, drifting off into an exhausted sleep.

The next morning, my eyes opened to find myself face to face with Tahira. She was still sleeping, and our faces were so close, that if I moved even a centimetre, our noses would touch. I smiled and softly ran my finger on the side of her face. Her eyes fluttered open slowly and a soft, sleepy smile came on her face when she saw me

"Good morning." She whispered, moving her hand under her cheek and I smiled "Morning, love." I whispered back and placed a kiss to her forehead.

"Keep your eyes closed." I instructed and Tahira chuckled "I will. But what are you doing?" Tahira asked me and I took her chin in my fingers and cupped it, tilting her face upwards

"I just want to see something. You'll figure it out soon." I said and she let out small huff and I got to work. Taking the black sharpie I had, I first coloured her nose in an almost triangular shape. She was frowning when I did, confused about what I was doing and then drew three lines across each cheek but different lengths on each side.

"Are you drawing whiskers?" Tahira asked and I just chuckled "Don't move, I'll be right back." I said and got up, walking to our room. I took the headband I had bought for her out of the drawer I had hidden it in and walked back downstairs.

Tahira was sitting in the same position I had left her in, her eyes still closed. I leaned down in front of her and put the headband on her head, adjusting some rogue strands in the process. As soon as I stepped back to see my work, I chuckled at how adorable she looked "I think I'm going to call you kitten from now on." I said and Tahira's eyes opened in surprise.

I took my phone out of my pocket, took a picture of her and turned the screen towards her. She chuckled when she saw the picture and took the kitten ear headband from her hair, holding it in her hands.

"I knew you were making whiskers." She said and I chuckled "You still look adorable." I said and she blushed. She moved forward on the chair and put the headband on my head

"I think it looks more adorable on you." She said and I chuckled but took it off, placing it back on her head and then I leaned in close to her "It may, but I'm not the one wearing the whiskers, darling." I whispered and she chuckled, resting her forehead on mine.

"This is washable, right?" She asked and I laughed

"It is." I said and she sighed in relief. Her eyes landed on the sharpie and she pulled away from me, giving me a mischievous smile. And understanding what she wanted to do, I closed my eyes with a laugh.

"We might as well be Mr. and Mrs. Whiskers." Tahira said looking at the selfie we just took. She had drawn the same thing on my face like I had drawn on hers. And in the picture, we both were pouting slightly. I had taken her seat, pulling her on my lap before she took the selfie. And thankfully, she was still wearing the kitten ear headband.

"Hm... Let's go wash this now." I said and she nodded, getting up from my lap.

"It's not going!" Tahira said as she washed the lather off her face and I chuckled "I don't think you rubbed it properly." I said and she gave me a look before trying to wash her face again. She was using her nails this time, well, whatever she could use from cutting them a few days ago. It made me frown at first, but then the whiskers started disappearing from her cheeks.

Her face was red by the time she washed the lather off again, and other than the red, her face was bare of any sharpie ink. "Never again." She muttered, rubbing her face dry with a towel and I couldn't help but chuckle and protest with a whine

"But you looked adorable!"

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)