Chapter 40

Harry's P.O.V

All our eyes widened when we realised what Tahira had said. Pooja furiously blushed looking a bit mortified while Niall looked like a tomato next to me. Tahira had her hands on her mouth, eyes were wide as they stared at Pooja but then a chuckle escaped her lips. "Oh God! I'm sorry!"

Pooja glared at Tahira before sighing and banging her head against the table which made even Niall chuckle.

After that embarrassing episode, everyone returned and it was our turn to play. The game was going good. We decided to play in teams as there were six of us, Nikita and Piyush, Niall and Pooja and Tahira and I. They were all good in the game, though a ball went into the gutter once.

In the end, Niall and Pooja won, Tahira and I following their lead with Nikita and Piyush coming last. The ice skating ring was near the bowling alley but on a floor above. I didn't think they'd have anything up there but apparently not.

We had gotten the nearest time which started in about ten minutes so we decided to just sit there until our time came to go in. We talked about their school days when Tahira still studied with them. Their school life was filled with random moments. But not our average school life. They didn't have to deal with rumours much, at least not as much as there were in the school I was just in.

Our turn to go inside came sooner than I thought it would. We all went in, still talking as our ice skates were given to us and we were told to put them on until the people who were still skating were done. Music was playing and we sat down on the couch that was placed against the wall to put our skates on.

"You know how to skate?" I asked and Tahira shrugged. "A bit. Never really got the time to learn it properly." I looked at her before shrugging and resuming to put my skates on.

I decided to keep following Tahira when we went into the rink, just in case I had to save her if she fell. In the end, I just skated beside her while she stood next to the edge of the rink for wall support. "You're not really close to all your friends, are you?" I asked since we stood a good distance from her friends.

Niall was helping Pooja learn how to skate by pulling her with him as he skated backwards, both blushing a bit once in a while. Tahira shook her head. "No... I've known Pooja since I was in 8th grade. We just kind of clicked unlike with others. I'm socially awkward." I chuckled and shook my head.

"You weren't with me." I said and she blushed. "That was different."

Tahira had almost fallen about four times but caught herself in the last minute every time. But the last time she was about to fall, she missed the edge so I acted quickly and caught her before she could hit the ground.

My hands were gripping her arms from behind and she took a few seconds before she got her balance properly and just as she did, I released her. "You okay?" I asked and she nodded. "Thanks." I nodded and smiled.

When we got back to Tahira's place, it was about four in the evening and that was when my phone rang. I got it out of my pocket but stopped short, forgetting momentarily what exactly I had put as my background.

It was a picture of Tahira, Lux and I when we were on the bus. Tahira was smiling at Lux who was grinning at me while I had her hands engulfed in mine and was making funny faces at her. We looked like a small family, enjoying our time together.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when the phone rang again and picked it up. "Hello?" I asked and Liam's voice filled my ears.

"Harry! How have you been, mate!?" I sat down on my bed. "We've been doing great! What about you lads?"