Chapter 39

Harry's P.O.V

I quickly nudged my elbow into Niall's stomach and he snapped out of whatever trance he was in, giving me a deadly glare. "What!?"

I rolled my eyes. "You were drooling, mate." I said and his eyes widened and a blush spread across his cheeks. He quickly looked down and that's when Tahira and the mystery girl turned towards us.

Her eyes widened and so did Tahira's before she quickly put her hand on her friends mouth. "Don't scream, shout or whatever you were about to do." Tahira instructed and I realised something.

"You're the friend who told Tahira who I really was, aren't you?" I asked and she nodded slowly, her eyes still wide but they were staring at Niall.

"Are you calm enough?" Tahira asked and her friend nodded. Tahira released her but got slapped on the shoulder before her friend turned towards us and hugged us tightly to my surprise but I gave her an awkward hug back.

"Oh my it's so nice to meet you guys finally! Even if it's only 2/5ths." She said and hugged a bewildered Niall. Their hug lasted longer than ours, they got separated when I cleared my throat, both blushing furiously. Tahira was shaking her head when she stepped up next to me.

"What did I tell you?" Her friend looked like she was thinking about it but then her eyes widened before she groaned. "Control myself. You honestly expect that of a Directioner? This is the absolute last thing I would have thought you would mean."

Niall and I chuckled before I raised an eyebrow. "Who's your favourite?" 

She blushed before clearing her throat. "Directioners don't have favourites, Harry."

"Liar. You kept on saying how your favourt-" Tahira got cut off.

"Soft spots. Not favourites." I chuckled.

"Who is it?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'll just tell you that the person has James in their middle name." She said before dragging Tahira with her who just laughed at her friends behaviour. I looked at Niall who was gaping at her.

We started following them, not wanting to get lost in the mall alone. They were talking happily as they strode forward, and I realised that this was the first time I had seen Tahira so relaxed with someone. Her friendship with the boys and girls was still building but this is the most relaxed I had seen her.

"You think it's Liam she likes?" Niall asked me quietly and I looked at him.

"No. I don't really know." He raised an eyebrow at me. "Why were you asking who's her favourite anyway?" I gave him a look.

"I didn't want it to be me. You know, with Tahira and I being engaged and all." I said and he nodded in understanding.

When we reached the restaurant where we were having lunch, I was surprised to see not only girls but there were a few boys in her friend circle too, who had apparently been in her class since first grade. They did recognise us but it was obvious that only her friend, Pooja was a fan.

There were seven people, excluding Niall, Tahira and I. Pooja, Sakshi, Ritu and Nikita. Aditya, Piyush and Faizan were the only three boys in the group. From what I noticed throughout lunch, Tahira was closest to Pooja but talked to the others too when asked something.

It was a bit weird because they were talking in their native language at first but then remembered that Niall and I were also with them so conversation in English soon started much to our relief.

They were obviously curious as to why Niall and I were with Tahira in the first place but they couldn't guess the real reason even though both Tahira and I were wearing our rings in public for the first time since our engagement.

They settled on thinking we met when I was in school and became good friends since then. And we let them think that since we didn't want anyone to know about it, except family of course.

We were sitting in the bowling alley the mall had. Sakshi, Ritu, Aditya and Faizan had decided to play a round in the only free lane available. Pooja, Nikita, Tahira, Piyush, Niall and I had decided to go after them.

"I'm going to get something to drink, anyone want anything?" Nikita asked and Piyush nodded, getting up as well while the rest of us shook our heads. "No, thanks."

We were quiet for a while, until Pooja gave Tahira and I the look. "Spit it out, what's going on?" I gave her a confused look.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"You haven't stopped looking at Tahira since we met. And don't think I didn't notice the new ring on both your fingers. So, spit it out." I raised an eyebrow. She was more observent than the rest of her friends.

I looked at Tahira who was looking at her friend uncertainly. "Pooja..."

"Don't lie, Tahira. I'd know when you do and you know that very well." She sighed and looked down before her head snapped at her friend with a mischievous look. "A deal. We don't say anything and I'll not tell them who is your favourite."

Pooja looked hurt. "Why can't you tell me? I thought we won't keep secrets from each other?" Tahira looked sad and I interrupted before she could get any sadder.

"Pooja, it's not about hiding secrets. We just don't want anyone to know as yet." I told her and she looked at me confused.

"Know wh..." She trailed off and then her eyes widened, snapping towards Tahira's ring and mine "You're the mystery girl!?" Pooja exclaimed and we all shouted.

"Sh!"

She quickly put her hands on her mouth. "Sorry. Why didn't you tell me this? When did this happen exactly?" She whispered and I relaxed a bit.

"We didn't want anyone to know... Only our family and the boys know this because they were there when this happened." I said and she nodded in understanding.

"I can understand that. But how did this happen?"

Tahira complied and started telling her the story. When I looked up at the others, they were still going on but their game was about to end. Nikita and Piyush were at the bar just sitting and talking while they had their drinks. Pooja's eyes kept widening as the story went on and she had a mad grin on her face when she heard that Tahira and I were engaged.

She gave Tahira a quick hug around the neck while Tahira pretended to choke making us laugh.

"I can't believe it. My best friend is going to be Mrs. Styles in the future." She said and pretended to wipe a tear away while Tahira blushed but laughed.

"Like you wanted to be Mrs. Horan, right?"

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Hehehehe. Comment, Vote and Follow :)