Chapter 130

Harry's P.O.V

During the day, our relief of Ameera's fever going down died when it suddenly went up again. We were preparing our lunch in the plates, deciding to have our lunch in our room to look after Ameera as well when her cries suddenly echoed through the house.

Tahira and I had exchanged worried looks before dropping our plates on the counter, ignoring the sound they made as we ran upstairs as fast as we could.

"Oh hell." I breathed out when I reached the doorway to our room and ran over to Ameera's cot. I picked her up in my arms just as Tahira finally caught up and appeared in the doorway.

I tried to calm Ameera down, ignoring how my skin burned when her face came into contact with my neck while Tahira tried to help me as well by rubbing her hand over Ameera's back in a calming motion.

It was probably the worst days of my life.

They went the same way. Her fever got over through the night and at random times the next morning, it would rise up again. Tahira didn't sleep a wink during the nights as she rubbed the cold cloth on Ameera the whole night so that at least she'll be able to have a peaceful nights sleep.

It made me feel very helpless when I couldn't even find myself being able to stay awake during the nights with Tahira. But she'd just order me to go to sleep whenever I tried saying that she didn't want me to fall sick either. Adding that I was already working way too much since John hadn't really understood and demanded me to hand over more songs to him even though I was already stressed enough with Ameera's fever not going down properly. But Tahira had shrugged when I said the same thing to her.

Ameera used to sleep most of the days because, I guessed, that the medicine used to make her drowsy and she had to have them after her meals. She'd fall asleep soon after having it and while Ameera slept during the day, I made sure Tahira did too so that she didn't fall sick either.

Though it didn't work as well as I thought. Tahira wasn't able to sleep during the day as she wasn't used to it. She couldn't even sleep when I held her close to me or laid her head on my lap as I ran my fingers through her hair to distract her.

Her eyes would just rest of the sleeping figure of our daughter. Her fever not going down in these past few days was eating me up as much as it was doing the same to Tahira. And when Tahira didn't sleep, I softly sang for her like I did with Ameera.

It made her laugh slightly when I started singing. She looked up at me with a small smile which I returned and closed her eyes with my other hand like she'd do to me whenever she sang something for me. And that action caused a giggle to come out of her mouth.

"Harry." She said and removed my hand from her eyes while I chuckled and leaned down to place a small kiss on her cheek.

"Just go to sleep, darling. I'll wake you up when Ameera does. Promise." I said softly and she looked up at me with slightly wide eyes.

"I'm so worried about her. Her fever is not going down at all and it's already been four days..." She trailed off and I sighed.

"I know, love. I'm worried about it too. We'll take her back to the doctor if her fever doesn't go down by tomorrow, alright?" I asked and she nodded slowly. "Now, c'mon. Go to sleep." I instructed and she closed her eyes. I resumed running my fingers through her hair and started humming the tune I had in mind for Forever.

Her breath evened out soon and I was relieved that she had finally fallen asleep. So, that's one win in four days I thought with a sigh and rested my back against the headrest.

A sudden knock came on the door and a voice called out. "Harry? Tahira? Can I come in?" I heard the voice ask and I sighed.

"Give me a second, Louis." I called back as quietly as I could. I fetched the scarf Tahira wore the her suits that was resting near us and draped it over her hair so that it was covered. "Now you can." I said and the door opened as Louis hesitantly stepped in.

"How is she now?" He asked and I sighed again.

"It's going up and down. How did you get in?" I asked and he held out the spare key to the house.

"I sneaked it the last time I visited so that I didn't disturb you both." He said and I took it from him. He sat down on the edge of the bed and that's when his eyes landed on Tahira and he gave me a confused look.

"Sleepless nights." I supplied and he nodded in understanding.

"Hard days?" He asked and I nodded.

"We're taking her back to the hospital if her fever doesn't go down by tomorrow." I told him and he nodded. He suddenly rubbed the back of his neck.

"John actually sent me. He wants the songs you've written until now." Louis said and I sighed.

"It's in the drawer." I said pointing towards my side table and Louis nodded and got up, walking towards it. I suddenly remembered something and immediately shouted it in a whisper. "Stop!" He froze and gave me a confused look.

I carefully picked up Tahira's head from my lap and replaced it with a pillow under her head. I head over to the side table and pulled it open after telling Louis to back up a bit.

Inside were a stack of folded papers which had the songs written and I handed them over to him while he looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I could have just taken them." Louis said and I chuckled.

"There is a picture of us underneath." I told him and he nodded in understanding after a few seconds before taking his leave. I turned my attention back on the picture and took it out of the drawer with a small smile on my lips.

It was a picture from our wedding night. Our first selfie as husband and wife.

Tahira was laying on my chest, her face flushed. Quilts were pulled up under her arms, leaving the top of her chest and shoulders bare; forehead resting on the junction of where my neck and shoulder met. She was looking up at the camera with a shy smile while I was grinning down at her.

It was my favourite picture of us. That's why I had it printed and kept in the drawer until I left for tour. On tours, it would be hidden in my wallet from the boys view.

I placed it back in the drawer and closed it. Moving back towards Tahira, I placed her head back on my lap after removing the pillow.

I was so glad nothing had changed between us.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Ok. So I won't be deleting this story because many of you don't want that so I hope you enjoy the rest of it and I'm sorry for not updating sooner but I had to work on some personnel issues... Comment, Vote and Follow :)