Chapter 135

Harry's P.O.V

"It's not a bad idea." I said that night and Tahira raised her head up from my chest to look at me.

"What?" She asked and I pushed her hair away from her face.

"Adopting Patrick. From what the caretaker said, we're the only ones he talks to." I said and Tahira moved up so we were face to face.

"I know... It makes me feel so bad for him... For all of them." She whispered and I nodded, pulling her head down next to mine.

"How about we talk to the caretaker tomorrow about adopting him? We pinky promised we'd visit." I said and she nodded, but then suddenly raised her head up again. For some reason, she had an amused smile on her lips.

"How many children do you want to have?" She asked me and I chuckled remembering the conversation. I cupped her cheek.

"At least two more. Maybe a set of twins next time." I said and her eyes widened before she chuckled.

"Twins, huh? Maybe I'll have to get a Caesarian then." She said and I chuckled, brushing my thumb on her cheek.

"Yeah?" I asked and she gave me a look.

"Of course. You remember how hard it was for me to push Ameera out. Imagine two. And if they do the same thing she did..." Tahira's eyes widened and she groaned. "God help me." She said and I chuckled as she fell back down on the bed, my hand falling to my side.

I propped myself on my elbow and looked down at her.

"Even if they are as stubborn as Ameera, you'll push them out easily. You're a strong woman, darling. Even if you don't know it." I said and she smiled slightly.

"You really think so?" She asked quietly and I nodded with a smile, adding a kiss to her cheek for extra effect.

"I know so." I told her and she blushed slightly but hid that by covering her face with her hands, making me chuckle. I removed her hands from her face and took them in mine before placing a kiss on her red cheek and burying my face in her neck.

"Oh God, darling. I love you so much." I whispered against her neck and felt one of her arms wrap around my shoulders while her other hand cupped the back of my head, running her fingers through my hair.

"I love you, too. So much." She whispered and I smiled before placing a kiss to the side of her neck and closing my eyes after resting my face back into her neck.

The caretaker of the orphanage looked at us with wide eyes the next day.

"Are you sure about this? A child like Patrick needs a lot of TLC and attention." She said and Tahira and I nodded.

"We're sure. But can you tell us how long the adoption procedure will take? Because I start touring in a month and they'll be coming with me." I said and she frowned.

"It can take up to many months, Mr. Styles. But I'm sure you can appeal to the court to speed up the procedure." She said and I sighed in relief.

"Can we talk to Patrick about this too? We'd really not like it if he feels forced of being adopted by us." Tahira said and the caretaker nodded.

"Of course. I'll just ask someone to fetch him." She said and got up from her chair before walking out of the room.

"You think he'll like it? Being adopted by us?" Tahira asked me and I intertwined our fingers.

"We'll just have to wait until he comes. But I have a feeling he will." I said and she smiled. Before she could say anything, Patrick was brought in and I saw his eyes gleam slightly as if he was happy to see us.

He slowly walked towards us and leaned against the chair Tahira was sitting on.

"H... Hello." He whispered and Tahira smiled.

"Hi, Patrick. Had a nice day?" She asked and Patrick shrugged, not saying anything. The caretaker took her place in front of us and the looked at Patrick.

"Patrick, I have a rather good news for you." She started but for some reason, I thought I saw panic in his eyes. "Mr. and Mrs. Styles here, would like to adopt you." She continued and suddenly, the panic I thought I saw in his eyes vanished.

"If you would be happy to have us as your parents." I said and he looked at me while Tahira placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Would you like to be adopted by us, Patrick?" Tahira asked and slowly, Patrick nodded and a small, barely noticeable smile came on his lips.

Tahira and I exchanged happy smiles and the caretaker clapped.

"Wonderful! I'm glad you like them too, Patrick. Now we can just start the procedure." The caretaker and handed us some papers to sign. And while we did that, I placed Ameera on the ground when she had wriggled on my lap. She walked over to Tahira and Patrick and our attention turned towards her.

She was looking up at Patrick in curiosity while he stared back at her with a neutral expression on his face. But it turned into shock when Ameera suddenly gave out a happy sound and hugged his leg.

Tahira and I chuckled at Ameera while Patrick stayed frozen.

"She likes you." Tahira said and slowly Patrick relaxed himself.

"Sh... She's going to be my little sister?" He asked and we smiled.

"She is. And when we have other children, you'll be their big brother too." I said and a small smile came on his lips.

"It's a big responsibility, you know. Being the big brother. But I'm sure you'll handle it just fine. Won't you?" Tahira asked and Patrick nodded quickly which made me chuckle in my mind.

This really is a good idea.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Wow. I'd really like to thank all those commenting and voting on this story because you made this story one of the top 1000's in the Fanfiction category. It was something I had lost all hope for but you guys made it possible so today I'll be giving you all a double update so keep an eye out for the next chapter!! xx Comment, Vote and Follow :)