Chapter 145

Harry's P.O.V

During the reception, when it was time for the father-daughter dance, I took Ameera up in my arms and walked towards the stage after a while. With the others who also joined Pooja and her father on stage.

Even though I had to bend down a lot to keep Ameera balanced on my feet, I didn't mind. It was fun dancing with her. And from the corner of my eye, I saw Patrick hesitantly saying something to Tahira who chuckled and nodded her head. In a few seconds, I chuckled too when they started dancing as well near the table we were seated on. 

After a while, I went back towards them. "You mind exchanging partners with me, bud?" I asked and Patrick looked up in surprise but shook his head. He took Ameera's hand from mine and I wrapped my arm around Tahira's waist. "C'mon, let's go on stage." I said and led them there.

"Where are my desi bacchas?" (Indian kids. It kind of means like home kids.) A voice suddenly called, stopping the song that was playing. But we were back on our table, a little tired from dancing.

"Here, uncle!" Everyone from Pooja's side called out, even Tahira did the same. Pooja's father chuckled and then said something to the DJ. He left him after saying 'Enjoy.' to everyone.

Suddenly, shouts of excitement echoed through the whole hall when music started playing. Tahira's shout was one of them.

"What's going on?" I asked but before Tahira could reply, Pooja apeared out of the blue.

"You're joining us!" She said and pulled Tahira away, back towards the stage. Niall joined us with a chuckle.

"What's going on?" I asked him instead and Niall shook his head with a laugh

"My now father-in-law, had this plan. They're playing Indian songs. Everyone of them are about to go crazy from what he said." Niall said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" I asked and he shook his head.

"He said it's because anyone of them can't not dance if these songs comes on." He replied and then laughter and whoops came from the stage. When we turned towards it, Tahira and Pooja were standing in the middle and if I guessed it right, Pooja had finally convinced Tahira to dance with her.

Their hands were in the air as they circled each other, moving it and their shoulders to the beat of the song with large grins on their faces and I chuckled watching them.

"We have crazy wives, Niall." I said and he chuckled too

"Not crazy. Pooja kept telling me this. We just have desi wives." He said and I shrugged with a chuckle.

I sent Patrick over to join Tahira and when she saw him, she started teaching him how to dance properly to the song. They were laughing, having a blast in each other's company. Tahira spun Patrick around and he laughed loudly as he spun. It made mine and Tahira's grin widen when he laughed so freely.

By the time we got to the hotel we were staying in, Patrick and Ameera had fallen asleep in the car. I took Patrick up in my arms while Tahira picked Ameera up. We dressed them in their pyjamas and carefully laid them on the bed in one of the bedrooms in our hotel room before pulling the blanket over them. We placed a kiss on both of their heads before quietly walking out of their bedroom and into ours.

"Their wedding vows were sweet. Don't you think?" Tahira asked me just as I pulled our blankets over us and she cuddled into my side. I rested my head against hers.

"They were." I said in agreement, wrapping my arms around her shoulders and waist to pull her close. I chuckled. "I think our wedding vows would have been the craziest." I said and she laughed slightly.

"With the way our journey started, I wouldn't doubt it." She said but pulled away, looking down at me instead as she propped herself up on her elbow. "Tell me something," She said and I looked at her expectantly. "When did you realise that you love me?" She asked but I felt my eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Where did this question come from?" I asked and she blushed before giving me a sheepish smile.

"The girls were telling each other about when the boys fell in love with them and I realised I didn't know the answer to that." She said and I chuckled, cupping her cheek.

"Well, if you really want to know, I realised that I loved you when it was your seventeenth birthday." I said and she blushed. "What about you?" I asked in return and she blushed harder.

"When we went to India for winter vacations. I missed you so much then, I knew I didn't just have a crush on you." She whispered and I chuckled. She brushed her fingers in my hair and frowned suddenly when her eyes caught something. She leaned down to inspect it, frowning even more.

"What's wrong?" I asked when her face suddenly turned sad. She shook her head.

"Nothing." She mumbled and then gave me a small smile. To my surprise, she turned her back to me, moved away slightly and pulled the blankets over her higher.

"Tahira?" I asked but I didn't get a reply from her. When I leaned over to see her, she was pretending to have fallen asleep. But as soon as I thought that she really did fall asleep, I quietly got of the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Running my fingers through the same place hers went, I parted my hair slightly and leaned in the mirror to get a closer look at my scalp. I moved my fingers upwards, but I didn't have to check for long.

"Oh, darling." I whispered sadly when I saw a small scar on my scalp. Four years had passed since I was in that accident, yet this small scar remained unseen until now. With a sigh, I walked back into our room only to hear a sniffling sound.

Immediately, I went over to Tahira's side of the bed and sat down beside her. I made her sit up on the bed and she hugged me tightly, hiding her face in my chest.

"Sh... I'm still here. I'm here with you. It's been four years now, darling. It's gone. Done with." I tried to comfort her but she just cried harder. I cupped her face in my hands and pulled her head back, titling it up so that she was looking up at me. I wiped her tears away with my thumbs "No more crying." I whispered and she sniffled again.

"I'm sorry... It just... It still hurts to think about it." She whispered and I hugged her to me again tightly, rubbing my hand up and down her back in a calming motion. I started humming the tune for Forever to distract her since I had done it many times before but never uttered a word on what the song is about, wanting to surprise her with it instead.

She gave out a choked laugh and tilted her head back. "Are you still not going to tell me what's the song about?" She asked but I shook my head with a smile.

"You'll get to know about it soon, darling." I whispered and placed a kiss to her forehead then rested her head back against my chest. I started running my fingers through her hair, my other hand resuming the up and down motion on her back.

It was a relief when she easily fell asleep after that.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)