Chapter 104

Harry's P.O.V

When I walked into the room, it was empty. Tahira was standing outside on the terrace, trying to calm down Ameera who was crying, her face had gone red and she let out an even louder cry.

"Let me take her." I said and took Ameera out of Tahira's unprotesting arms. Tahira walked away to my surprise and then sat down on the ground, keeping her back against the wall. But suddenly, she dropped her face in her hands and her shoulders started shaking. That's when I realised she was crying too.

I was torn. Calm my daughter or my wife first?

I couldn't even debate because Ameera let out another screech and immediately my attention went to her. I brought her in the same position as last night, humming a song under my breath as I rubbed my hand on her back.

When she had calmed down, I walked towards Tahira and carefully kneeled down in front of her

"What's wrong, darling?" I asked and she raised her head up to look at me

"They're leaving." She whispered and I frowned "The house? They'll come back, love. There's nothing to cry about." I said but she shook her head

"Not the house... They're staying here for a few more days." She said and I frowned even more

"Then what are they leaving?" I asked and she sniffled

"The country. They're going back to India. Permanently." Tahira said and I went speechless but she continued "Dada (Dads father. Omar's father here) hasn't been feeling well and he can't handle the family business alone so they're going back to help him. Papa has already resigned as the marketing chairman. And you know the best part? They've been planning it for months. They just delayed it when we told them I was pregnant so that they'll be there if something went wrong and I needed them." She started crying again but I was at a loss. Loss for words to comfort her with, or even comfort her by actions. Ameera whimpered and then I suddenly got an idea.

"Hey, Tahira? Look here." I said and when she looked at me in curiosity, I handed Ameera to her. Tahira cracked a small smile when she saw that Ameera was awake and looking at her. Being released of holding Ameera, I sat down next to Tahira but my eyes were on Ameera

"You know, there'll be a time when she gets married too. Though I hope that day won't come when she's 19... Unlike someone I know." I said and Tahira chuckled

"I know what you're trying to say, Harry. But it's just hard to process. I mean, it was different when we got married. I knew they are just a few hours drive away but now it'll be a few hours flight and to another country as well." She said and I wrapped my arm around her, bringing her close to me and she rested her head against my chest.

"I know, love. But I do have a private jet. You can use it whenever you want." I said and she sighed

"I'm just... I'm in an emotional mess with this news." She said and I placed a kiss on her crown

"You've been through a lot in the past three days. It's normal to feel this way right now." I said and she sighed again.

We stayed silent. Our eyes only resting on our daughter who lay in her mothers arms. Though it was a shock, I knew Omar would have to take over his fathers position in the family business someday or the other. But I didn't know it would come so soon.

"I feel like I'm already a bad mother." Tahira said suddenly and I looked at her with a frown

"Where did this come from? You aren't a bad mother. Far from it." I said and she sighed

"I gave her to you while she was crying just because I couldn't handle my own thoughts... I feel like I'm a bad mother... What if she needs me bu-"

"Hey, stop right there." I said and pulled her closer to me but being careful of Ameera. "You didn't give Ameera to me. I took her from you and that makes all the difference. We just became parents three days ago. It's not possible to get used to it so soon. We'll learn everything, but in time." I said and she gave me a weary look but nodded.

"You're right. I'm beating myself up for no reason." She said and I chuckled.

When we went down after that, Ameera still in Tahira's arms. Omar and Sara were giving us a weary look but gave out a relieved sigh when Tahira and I gave them a small smile.

That's when everyone's attention turned on Ameera. The whole time it was like only she existed, not the two of us. But they only acknowledged us when Ameera needed a nappy change or another feeding. But then again, that's what happens when there's a baby involved. Especially if it's the first grandchild or niece.

But Tahira and I took the chance to relax. Just sit and look at all of them cooing at Ameera. We went to the kitchen then. I helped Tahira prepare lunch for all of us while they were busy with Ameera. Though mum and Sara joined us soon later with smiles.

The most Tahira had let me do was hold her hand under the table. For some reason, she felt very shy whenever I tried to hug her or just wrap my arm around her in front of everyone. I later thought it was because they were our parents and in-laws.

I didn't understand why she was suddenly feeling shy, even though I had wrapped my arms around her yesterday when we returned home. But then later, I saw Gemma giving sly looks to Tahira who was blushing madly beside me as we ate lunch. I understood why and lightly kicked Gemma under the table.

She had yelped, but I just pretended to be surprised by her sudden outburst like everyone else. Tahira had tried to hold in her laugh after she got over the surprise, obviously realising what I had done.

And then a sudden pain came on my leg too but I didn't let out that surprised outburst out of my mouth and gave Gemma a mean look but she kicked me again

"Stop that." I said and she kicked me again "Gemma, I'm serious." I said and she gave me a mean look

"You shouldn't have done it first." She said and I just narrowed my eyes at her

"You're the one who's giving those looks to Tahira." I said and her eyes widened slightly but then suddenly she started laughing. Beside me, Tahira was trying to hold her laugh but then gave in. Reaching out, they both high-fived each other while we all looked at them confused

"He fell for it." Gemma said and Tahira laughed even more "I told you he would." She said and realising what had happened, everyone laughed while I just narrowed my eyes at my wife and sister.

"I'll get you back."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)