Chapter 81

Tahira's P.O.V

Finding out you're pregnant at twenty was one thing. Telling your world famous pop star husband, particularly one who was touring the world at the moment, was a completely different thing.

Ever since one of the doctors on campus told me I was pregnant, I was nervous on how Harry will react to this news. I mean, he loved kids, and it wasn't a hidden secret either. So I really wasn't sure what to expect from him.

I saw disbelief in his eyes at first but being overtaken by happiness that expressed on his face. Then suddenly something changed. His smile dropped to a straight line and his eyes went from happy, to something like tormented, but I couldn't really be sure since he got up and walked away from me.

"Harry?" I asked quietly and as if it was a trigger, he exploded and threw a vase that was placed near him on the floor, it's shattering sound echoing in the house.

"How could you let this happen!?" He shouted but I froze up, surprised by his outburst but he continued his rant "How could you be so careless!? Getting pregnant!? We're too young for this! And I'm touring right now!" He shouted and shook his head when I didn't give him a reply "I'm going out. Don't bother waiting up for me."

I stayed frozen as I heard the door slam behind him. I couldn't believe Harry's reaction... It was the last way I'd expected him to react. A tear escaped my eye and before I knew it, sobs shook my body. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, as if trying to comfort myself and our child too.

That wasn't the guy I married... And that wasn't the guy who I knew in school either. My eyes fell on the broken vase and I sat up on shaking legs, walking over to it. I crouched down, trying to control my sobs as I picked up the broken pieces but then a hiccup suddenly came, shaking my shoulders and that movement caused one of the pieces to cut my palm.

The sting didn't come at first, but when it did, I immediately dropped the pieces I had picked up and ran towards the kitchen sink with my bleeding palm. Opening the faucet, I winced as the water hit the exposed flesh, stinging the cut and a few tears fell down my cheeks as I saw my blood draining down the sink. So much blood lost... I thought but then my eyes widened and once again I felt my whole body freeze.

"I dreamt that you died..."

"How?"

"Childbirth. You lost so much blood... That dream still haunts me some nights. Especially after we got engaged."

Our conversation in the hospital ran through my brain and I knew then I didn't imagine the torment I saw in his eyes. At first, I felt myself sigh in exasperation but as the seconds passed, I felt anger rise within me and for the first time in a long time, I cussed

"Dammit, Harry!"

I muttered angrily. As soon as I was sure that the bleeding stopped, I closed the faucet. Finding the first aid kit, I bandaged the hand as best as I could.

As I finished with the bandaging, I marched into our room and opened the side of the closet that I occupied. I started taking my clothes off the hangers and dumped them on the bed.

It was probably irrational of me, but I didn't care. Harry took it way too far this time and I wasn't letting him off the hook anytime soon.

Gathering my clothes in my arms, I walked out of the room and into the one I used to previously occupy before Harry and I got married. It took two more rounds before I got all my clothes into the room but then I dumped them into the closet there, thinking I'll hang them later and went back into the living room, waiting for my husband to come home.