Chapter 103

Harry's P.O.V

That night when everyone had went off to their houses, after everyone was satisfied (for the while) of meeting Ameera and getting a chance to hold her; Tahira lay in my arms, deeply asleep while our daughter lay in her cot next to the bed.

She was awake. Her eyes looking wherever her head turned. She was free from the blankets but her hands were covered so that she didn't scratch herself by mistake.

"What?" I asked quietly with a smile when I saw her looking at me "Go to sleep, Ameera." I said but she didn't move and I chuckled. Talking to a baby, a new born one at that. But whatever, she's my baby.

She let out a small but cute yawn, blinking her eyes after that but didn't go to sleep. Looking at the clock on the wall, I decided it was high time she was sleeping. Reluctantly, I pulled myself away from Tahira and got out of bed. She stirred a little but after mumbling something incomprehensible, she went back to sleep.

I walked over to Ameera's cot and took her up in my arms. I rested her small head against my shoulder, one hand supporting her back and neck while the other hand was under her hips, supporting her up against my chest.

I walked out towards the roof terrace that was attached with our room, thinking that fresh air might help her sleep. I closed the door of the terrace behind me so that Tahira didn't wake up if Ameera started crying.

I kept rubbing her back lightly, walking around in circles but when I looked down at her, she was still awake, staring blindly at my neck. I sighed and then an idea occurred to me.

When Tahira was still pregnant and Ameera had started kicking, well, let's just say Tahira had trouble sleeping most days. So as an experiment, I used to sing to Ameera before Tahira went off to sleep. Tahira thought it was a crazy idea at first, but Ameera had calmed down enough in the nights so that Tahira could get a proper sleep.

I looked down at the small head in my shoulder with narrowed eyes but a chuckle escaped my lips and I took her hand in mine, placing a kiss to it before resting my hand on her back again.

"Already a demanding little thing. I wonder what you'll do when you grow up." I said and resumed walking around the terrace. I rubbed her back lightly, singing Small Bump softly as I walked but I kept my eyes on her.

Her expression didn't change but slowly, her eyes started drooping down and in a few minutes, she was asleep. I continued humming the song when it got over, walking around more to make sure she was deeply asleep before I went back inside.

"Harry? What's going on?" Tahira asked me sleepily when I got back into bed after placing the sleeping Ameera back in her cot. I shook my head, wrapping my arms around Tahira's waist and pulling her close to me so that she was sprawled across my chest.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep." I said and she looked up at me with a frown. I chuckled "You want me to sing you to sleep too?" I asked and Tahira smiled slightly when she realised what had happened and shook her head, resting her head on my chest.

"No. I'm good." She said with a soft sigh and tightened her arms around me. I smiled and placed a kiss to the top of her head before resting my head back on the pillow. I tightened my arms around her waist "Goodnight, darling." I whispered and closed my eyes.

We woke up an hour later to cries. Tahira rolled away from me, the movement made me groan and I rolled too, laying on my stomach. I looked at Tahira through parted eyes and saw her checking up on Ameera.

"What does she want?" I asked sleepily and Tahira sighed "Food." She said and then sat down on the bed cross legged.

"Maybe a nappy change." I said and she shook her head placing Ameera in her lap "Checked it. It's clean."

I went back to sleep while Tahira fed Ameera. My brain was too tired to stay awake. But when I woke up again, I was surprised to see that it wasn't Tahira I had my arms wrapped around. Tahira wasn't even in bed when I woke up.

Ameera was laying on my chest, fast asleep while my hands were resting on her back and at the back of her head. Her arms were spread wide, as if hugging me with her small arms and I smiled.

"Now how did you get here?" I asked her but got no response like expected. Tahira walked into the room then, drying her hair with a towel and chuckled when she saw us.

"I laid her down between us. You just cuddled her thinking it was me." She said and I chuckled

"Well, I did say I'll find a new cuddle partner." I said and she laughed.

We went down for breakfast after that. Everyone was already having their breakfast and had smiled when they saw us walk towards the kitchen. Pleasantries were exchanged and we silently had our breakfast after that.

"You've made the papers again." Gemma said and I rolled my eyes "What does it say now?" I asked and Gemma turned a few pages back of the newspaper she was reading

"Harry Styles and his wife, Tahira Sultan, welcomed a baby girl into their family on the 8th of April. The newly made parents were seen for the first time as they came out of the hospital. Harry carrying and shielding his new born daughter as they were stormed by the paparazzi on exiting the hospital doors.

"Late in the night, Harry Styles was seen on the roof terrace of his house, walking around in circles with his daughter in his arms. Has she already managed to wrap her father around her fingers? We think yes." Gemma read and I knew my cheeks were going red right now.

They all looked at me with raised eyebrows and I just shrugged "She wasn't falling asleep." I said, returning back to my toast as if nothing had happened and they chuckled before going back to what they were doing before.

"Where is she anyway?" Mum asked

"Sleeping." Tahira and I said at the same time and mum nodded.

"Tahira, come with us for a while." Omar said and Tahira gave him a confused look but got up nonetheless. Sara followed them out of the kitchen while the rest of us exchanged looks.

"Any idea what's that about?" I asked and they all shook their heads. We could still hear them, but since they weren't talking in English, we couldn't understand what they were saying. But I knew there was something wrong when I heard a small waver in Tahira's voice.

When Omar and Sara came back in the kitchen, they looked sad. But before Tahira entered the room, Ameera's cries echoed in the house so she went upstairs, avoiding everyone in the process.

"You might want to go after her." Omar said quietly and I quickly did what he said.

What happened between them?

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)