Chapter 123

Harry's P.O.V

We all stared wide eyed as the voice echoed through the quiet halls. Even though it was probably said at a normal volume, the halls echoed that sound loudly.

When we walked forward, we found Amber shaking the small boy as he stared at her wide eyes, tears glistening his eyes as he clutched the teddy to him tighter. When he didn't give a reply or even utter a word, Amber raised her hand up in the air.

Realising what she was about to do, I quickly ran over to them and caught her arm before her hand could come into contact with the boys cheek. Her eyes widened when she saw me glaring at her and I pushed her away slightly with her arm that I had in my grip.

"How could you be so selfish!?" I asked her and felt my pants being crushed. My hand instictively rested on the boys head as he clung on to my leg. "Did you adopt him?" I asked her and she slowly shook her head.

"I just asked the caretaker to give him to me for the day." She said quietly, knowing she was stuck and there was no point in lying anymore.

"And she agreed? Just like that?" Nick asked as he stepped up beside me and Amber flushed. Nick narrowed his eyes at her. "Come with me, Ms. Pierce. It seems like we have many things to discuss." Nick said walking away and Amber quietly walked away with him.

With them gone, I finally turned my attention back on the little boy clinging to my leg.

"Hey, buddy, it's alright. No one is going to hurt you now." I said softly and kneeled down in front of him. He looked at me with unshed tears in his eyes and I smiled at him, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"No one is going to hurt you anymore. I promise." I said softly and he sniffled.

"Pinky promise?" He asked quietly and held out his little finger. With a smile, I took his little finger in mine.

"Pinky promise." I said and that's when Tahira also kneeled down next to us, placing Ameera down while Ameera looked at us curiously.

"Are you okay?" Tahira asked the boy and he hesitantly nodded. "What's your name?" She asked softly. 

"Patrick." He said and we smiled but before we could introduce ourselves, Ameera started tugging on the teddy Patrick was still clutching to.

"No, Ameera. That's not yours." Tahira said and pulled Ameera's hand away from the teddy. "Sorry about that, Patrick." Tahira said but Patrick was looking at Ameera curiously. Ameera whined and then walked over to me, looking up at me with a pout.

"Sorry, princess. But mummy is right. That's not yours." I told her but she didn't stop looking at me with that pout. Before I could add anything, Nick appeared again.

"The case has been dropped. You can go home now, Harry." Nick said and I nodded, picking Ameera up as I stood from the kneeling position.

"What about Patrick?" I asked and looked at the boy when Nick gave me a confused look. He nodded.

"I'll see to it that he's taken into a proper care. Come with me, son." Nick said and taking Patrick's hand, he walked away.

Tahira stood up too after Patrick walked away with Nick and I hugged her with my other arm. She wrapped her arms around my waist. Neither of us saying anything, just understanding how relieved we both felt for ourselves and Patrick in the silence.

"Chocolate or vanilla?" I asked Ameera who was looking at the ice creams in curiosity.

After we left the court, I decided to lighten up the mood so I started driving towards the ice cream parlour not far from it and that's where we were now. Tahira chuckled beside me.

"Just get vanilla. Her dress won't be spoiled much if she drops the ice cream on it." Tahira said and I chuckled but complied.

Tahira took their ice cream in her hands while I carried mine with my free hand, dodging Ameera's hands from it while I did. We found ourselves a table at the corner of the parlour and I placed Ameera on the table, making her sit there while Tahira and I sat on either side of it.

To Tahira's amusement, I fed her and myself while she was busy feeding Ameera and making sure she didn't spill her ice cream out of her mouth. And once Ameera was done having her ice cream, she refused to finish her cup when Tahira tried to feed her more. So in the end, Tahira and I finished her cup after we finished our ice cream while Ameera just sat on the table, occasionally playing with her shoes.

Once we got home, Ameera was taking a nap in her car seat and Tahira had carefully taken her out of the car so that she didn't wake up and get cranky on us. And when Tahira had settled Ameera in her cot, I silently took her hand in mine and pulled her out of the room.

Much to Tahira's confusion, I pulled her on my lap once I sat down on the couch in the living room. She was facing me, hands on my shoulder while her legs were crossed by me behind my back as she looked at me curiously while I rested my hands on her waist.

"I wanted to discuss something with you." I said and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"And it couldn't have been done without me sitting on your lap?" She asked and I chuckled. Shaking my head, I leaned down so that the tip of our noses were touching.

"It might need a little persuation. I'm not taking any chances." I whispered with a small smile while she gave me an expectant look.

"What did you want to discuss?" She asked.

"I was thinking," I said, nudging my nose on hers. "Maybe we should try for another." I said quietly and she looked at me confused.

"Another what?" She asked.

"Another baby."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)