Chapter 136

Harry's P.O.V

When we got home, we told our parents about wanting to adopt Patrick. They were shocked at first, wondering if something was wrong, but we assured them that everything was alright.

Bending the story a little, we told them how we met Patrick at first, Ameera falling ill and the thoughts that were troubling Tahira after Ameera got better.

They understood once we told them the whole story, adding that they couldn't wait to meet their new grandchild, and nephew in Gemma's case. I was glad they didn't mind us adopting and were really happy about our decision. And with our parents being told of this, we called the boys and the girls for lunch at our place.

They eagerly came flooding in in pairs. And to our surprise, Louis didn't arrive alone.

The bark of a dog was the first thing we heard. It left Tahira and I confused but then we saw Louis step in from the opened gates. Him being the last one to arrive. And then we saw the golden head of a retriever.

It left me a bit surprised that Louis brought a dog with him and that's when I noticed that someone else was holding the leash.

A woman stepped in behind Louis, looking a bit wearily around the house. She had brown hair, a heart shaped face and dark brown eyes from what I could see. Louis placed a hand on her back and urged her forward towards the door but he stopped short when he saw me standing there.

"Hey, Harry." He said and I gave him a raised eyebrow, silently asking him what's going on and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, meet my friend, Fae and her guide dog, Matt. And Fae, this is Harry, my best mate." Louis said introducing us but then I recapped his words and felt my eyes bulge out.

"Guide dog?" I mouthed to Louis and he nodded. "She's blind." He mouthed back and I cleared my throat.

"It's nice to meet you, Fae. C'mon in." I said but then stopped short, looking down wearily at Matt.

"Harry? What's going..." Tahira stepped up beside me and then her eyes landed on Matt. They widened a little and she looked up at Fae and Louis in confusion. "Uh, hello." She said wearily and then looked at me in question but I shrugged in answer and Louis brought Fae and Matt closer to us.

"Hi... I'm sorry about coming here uninvited but Louis insisted I should come with him. I'm Fae." She said for the first time and I took Tahira's hand in mine and shook my head a little, silently telling her to let the issue of Matt be left alone.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone here knows how insisting Louis can be. Meet my wife, Tahira." I said and Tahira raised her hand up but Fae didn't do the same which made Tahira look up at me in confusion when she awkwardly pulled her hand back.

"Why don't you head in? Fae, if you don't mind, can we leave Matt here?" I asked and slowly she shook her head.

"No, it's alright. I know Muslims don't allow dogs in their houses." She said thankfully and with Louis' help, tied Matt's leash to the door knob on the outside.

"I'll help you in. C'mon." Louis said and placed his hand on her back again before heading in.

"Everyone's in the family room with Ameera." I told him and he raised his thumb up behind his back. That's when I turned my attention back on my wife who was looking at Matt confused.

"He's her guide dog." I told her and her head snapped up to me, her eyes wide.

"You mean..." She trailed off when I nodded. "Ya Allah. No wonder she didn't shake my hand." Tahira muttered with a sad tone and I gave her a small hug just as Louis' voice echoed through the house followed by Ameera's squeal.

"And here's my goddaughter! Come here, you little munchkin!" He shouted and with a chuckle, Tahira and I went towards the family room just as Ameera's laughter came.

When we reached the family room, we saw Louis was tickling Ameera while she struggled to get out of his grip but couldn't while the others were laughing at those two. I chuckled too and wrapped my arm around Tahira's waist to pull her close to me.

Louis let go of Ameera in a while and she ran over to us after a few seconds of looking around. She hid behind our legs while we laughed and I bent down to pick her up in my arms. She started mumbling something with a frown on her face and Tahira chuckled.

"I think she's complaining about you, Louis." Tahira said and he chuckled, leaning against the couch he was sitting on beside Fae.

"Let her. When she grows up, I'm still going to be the main one spoiling her." He said and we laughed.

"We'll see, Louis. We'll see." I said just as Ameera leaned her head against my shoulder.

"So, mind telling us what's this lunch about?" Pooja asked and we chuckled, raising our hands, in my case, hand, in surrender, knowing we were caught.

"We actually have a news for you all." Tahira said and Sophia and Pooja sat up straight with wide eyes.

"Oh my God! You're pregnant again, aren't you!?" Sophia exclaimed and Tahira blushed but shook her head.

"No... I don't think you'll be hearing that news again for a while." Tahira said and I chuckled.

"Well, not if I can help it." I said and everyone laughed while Tahira blushed but slapped my arm, giving me a look which made me chuckle again.

"So, what's the news?" Liam asked and I cleared my throat.

"We are... We're adopting." I said and their eyes widened.

"What!?"

"Why!?"

The all exclaimed and I cleared my throat. I knew if I told the same story we told our parents to the boys, they'd catch my lie in a minute.

"Well..."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)