Chapter 108

Harry's P.O.V

When I tried to enter the gates, a policeman stopped me.

"You can't go in, sir." He said in a firm tone but I just pushed him away slightly.

"It's my house." I said and his eyes widened. "Mr. Styles?" He asked and when I nodded, he immediately let me go. Louis rushing in behind me but I stopped short when I noticed the door to the entrance of our house was shattered. Pieces of glass were lying on the ground, which hadn't fallen were dangling off the broken frame.

My breath caught in my throat, anxiety increasing in me while I gaped at the door but quickly snapped out of it and ran inside only to have my anxiety grow more. The room was slightly trashed. Picture frames I had used to decorate had fallen to the ground. I felt a hand place on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts and I looked around the room. A few chairs had fallen, but they weren't broken. It was as if they had fallen because of a struggle.

"Tahira!? Tahira, where are you, love!?" I shouted, running further inside the house. I looked around the rooms but stopped short when I noticed the unconscious body on the ground. It was a lad, big, but had thin arms. Sandy blonde hair that were in a buzz cut. But that's when I noticed he had a bleeding nose and a bruised cheek.

He was also in handcuffs.

"Ow, please be careful with that." I heard a voice say. Tears pricked my eyes in relief when I heard that soft, sweet, familiar voice that belonged to my wife. When I turned to where the voice came from, I saw a paramedic holding her chin in place as he dabbed a piece of cotton on her lip, the cotton taking a red colour as it was being dabbed. She held an ice pack on her cheek, her knuckles bruised while her other hand was being bandaged by another paramedic. But otherwise, she looked unharmed.

She winced when the paramedic dabbed her lip again and I walked over to them.

"I think it's disinfected enough. Could you please step away from my wife, mate?" I asked and their eyes snapped up towards me. Both the paramedics nodded and after gathering their stuff, they walked away. And just as they did, Tahira started crying and I quickly pulled her in my arms, rubbing her back.

"It's okay. I'm here. Everything is going to be fine." I whispered in her ear but she just cried harder making my arms instinctively tighten their hold on her. I put one hand behind her head, rubbing it in care. I placed a kiss to the side of her head and that's when my eyes landed on Louis, who had Ameera in his arms and tears glistening his eyes as he looked down at her.

I gave him a panicked look but when he saw me staring at him, he smiled and shook his head mouthing. "I'm just happy she's fine."

I sighed in relief that Ameera was alright, that she wasn't harmed in any way and that being taken care of, I returned all my attention to my sobbing wife.

"Sh... I'm here now. Calm down, darling. You're safe, Ameera's safe." I said and she pulled back so that she was looking at me.

"He- he came- *hiccup* to- take her aw- away." Tahira chocked out through her sobs and my eyes widened.

"What?" I breathed out and she nodded slowly. But before she could continue, a groan went into the air and all our eyes landed on the still body that had started stirring and he opened his eyes slowly.

He stirred but then realised that he was cuffed and cursed loudly.

"Oi! Let me out of these!" He shouted and I glared at him. But his eyes widened when they landed on Louis holding Ameera. "Hey, give her to me!" The man shouted but Louis walked over to us, holding Ameera out for me to take her but Tahira quickly took her.

"I'm going to call the police." Louis said quietly and I nodded at him. As he walked away, I looked at Ameera who was awake and looking up at Tahira.

"See? She's fine, love. Stop crying." I whispered and wiped her tears away. That's when my eyes landed on the bruise on her cheek. It was purple, and big but she didn't notice me gaping at her, her eyes only rested on Ameera. I pulled her in my arms again, being careful about not crushing Ameera and Tahira let out a sniff, changing his attention from Louis to Tahira and his face went red.

"Don't act so bloody helpless by crying in front of your husband! Just look what you did to me, you-"

"Shut up!" I shouted and he jerked in surprise. "You have a nerve coming to my house! What did you plan on achieving!?" I asked, momentarily forgetting that Tahira had already told me but then his words shocked me to the core.

"Her daughter. Her father wants her back." He sneered the last sentence at me but I stood frozen and even Tahira stopped breathing in my arms.

"What the hell!? I am her father!" I exclaimed and he had the nerve to roll his eyes at me.

"Legally maybe. But biologically, she belongs to someone else. The father had proof." He said and I scoffed.

"I'd like to see that since I'm the only one here that has the green eyes my daughter has. Or maybe my hair, or ears. She's my daughter. Legally and biologically." I said and his eyes widened. Groaning, he managed to turn himself around so that he was lying on his back but winced when he did, his eyes widened even more when they landed on me

"What? But he had pictures! He said you stole his fiancée!" He said. That's when the police came in and picked the man up but before they could leave I spoke up.

"We've been married for two years. She's a one month old baby. Do the math." I said and saw his eyes widen even more before he cursed as the police dragged him away. I realised then that the lad had been lied to by someone so that he (the person behind this) didn't have to get his hands dirty.

When they left, Ameera was suddenly pulled away but Tahira tightened her arms around her immediately, our eyes snapping up in panic.

"It's just me, Tahira. There's no need to panic anymore." Louis said calmly and Tahira nodded slowly, letting Louis take Ameera up in his arms. I took the opportunity and hugged Tahira again tightly and she buried her face in my neck

"I was so worried..." She breathed out and I frowned, rubbing her back. "Why didn't you call me?" I asked.

"I tried calling you, but you left your phone here." She said but I just pulled her closer.

"The lads called... They'll be here in a while." Louis said and I nodded a thanks to him.

Liam and Niall arrived together in fifteen minutes. Their eyes were wide when they entered the room we were in. Both were slightly panting but sighed in relief when they saw us four sitting there, unharmed. Except, their eyes widened again when they saw the bruise on Tahira's cheek.

I just pulled her closer when they saw her, giving a kiss to the side of her head again.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)