Chapter 120

Harry's P.O.V

"What? What does it say?" Tahira asked me concerned when she saw my disbelief as I read the letter.

"It's a legal notice." I said quietly and she frowned "Legal notice? For what?" She asked.

"Child neglect." I said and her eyes widened.

"What? Harry, tell me the whole thing." She said with a breath of disbelief.

"Someone complained that I fathered their child and now she's demanded fianacial security from me for herself and the child. Her name's not there but it says the child is almost five years old." I said and Tahira gaped at me in disbelief but I continued. "There's a court date here for the day after tomorrow." I said and Tahira looked away from me, making me concerned about what she was thinking.

"You don't think it's mine, do you? You know I never cheated on you when we were engaged or even before that. I loved you too much to even think about doing that." I said and placed my hand on her shoulder. After a second, she looked back at me with a small smile.

"I know you'd never cheat on me, Harry. I'm just wondering who this woman is." She said and I internally sighed in relief that she believed in me.

I pulled her to me so that her head was resting on my chest, not caring about the bubbles that was on her nose and in her hair. "We'll just ask to get a DNA test done. That would solve the issue." I said and Tahira nodded but that serious moment was ruined when Ameera reached out and put her hand on Tahira's nose with a frown.

"You've been in there too long. Let's get you out before you fall sick." Tahira said and pulled away from me. I got up and walked out of the bathroom. Walking towards Ameera's closet, I found a dress for her and took it off the hanger just as Tahira came out with Ameera completely wrapped in a towel.

"Thanks." She said and took the dress from me when I held it out to her. I frowned at her tone while she laid Ameera down on the bed and sighed. I walked behind her and placed my hands on her shoulder.

"Don't overthink it, darling. We both know that this is a false allegation. Why are you stressing over it?" I asked her and she placed a hand over mine.

"It's not the allegation that's eating me up. It's who's behind this. Who can be so... selfish to accuse anyone of that when they aren't even responsible for fathering the child?" Tahira asked and I rubbed my free hand on her shoulder.

"We'll get to know the day after tomorrow. Let's just forget about it for now." I said and squeezed her shoulder lightly when she tried to say something, and understanding me, she quietly got Ameera ready after that.

Thankfully, Ameera distracted us from the sudden shock we had received. She had started running towards her toys once Tahira had dressed her and took her down from the bed while we looked at her with a smile; my hands still on Tahira's shoulders.

Ameera demanded we join her to play with her toys by walking back to us and pulling on our clothes with a whine. We chuckled slightly and followed her towards them. She'd occasionally hand us a toy and when we looked at her confused as to why she was giving it to us, she'd take our hand and shake the toy; laughing when it made a sound.

It made us smile widely whenever she laughed, occasionally saying something in her own language as she was still too young to talk right now. But whatever she said, it made us laugh because the way she said it, it seemed like she was scolding us for not playing with her toys like the way she wanted us to.

But soon she got tired and took a nap. That's when the atmosphere in the house turned serious again. Tahira took a bath again to wash the now dried bubbles from her hair while I changed my wet clothes into dry ones.

"I've called my lawyer. He'll be here in a while to see the notice." I told Tahira as we had our lunch. She sighed and placed her spoon down and I took her hand in mine, giving it a squeeze. "Everything is going to be fine, love. I know it." I said and she nodded.

"I know... But it's still troubling me." She said and I intertwined our fingers.

"I can understand that but there's nothing we can do but wait until the date comes." I said and she sighed.

"I wish we could forward time and get it over with." She said and I decided to lighten the mood.

"If that was possible, I would have brought our marriage earlier than it was." I said and she cracked a small smile.

"Really now?" She asked, playing along and I nodded with a smile.

"Of course. Do you know how sad I felt when you didn't give me a hug on your birthday?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Mhm. And what about the wedding night? I could have sworn for a second you'd choke me." She said with a laugh and I chuckled.

"I didn't hug you that tightly." I protested slightly and she raised an eyebrow at me which made me chuckle. "Alright, I admit I did it for a second. But only a second." I said and she laughed.

With the mood lightened, we had our lunch quickly and Ameera woke up in a while. It was messy feeding her as she kept shaking her head whenever Tahira or I tried to feed her, thinking that she might want her food from the other.

It took us an hour, but we got her to finish her bowl. She took the spoon from us once, splashing it in the bowl and throwing the food that got stuck on the spoon before we had taken over.

My lawyer, Nick, had arrived too during it and I gave him the notice, going back to Ameera as he went through it.

Within five minutes, he had said it will be a quick case because we could demand for a DNA test and get the results of it right there and then so the results weren't mixed up by mistake or by purpose.

I had asked him if it was possible to get to know who was behind this and he said he'll look into it and inform us of the name tomorrow before he left.

We continued playing with Ameera throughout the day. I didn't tell the boys about this because I wanted to keep this as quiet as possible and I had told Nick about this too.

The next morning, I got a call from Nick and he said he was only able to get the last name of the woman and when the son had been conceived. And when I got to know the date, I raised my eyebrows in surprise and then laughed making Tahira look at me confused.

"What did he say?" Tahira asked me and I hugged her tightly to me in delight.

"This is going to be an easy win. We won't even have to get a DNA test done." I said and Tahira's eyebrows raised in surprise, giving me an expectant look. I chuckled and kissed Tahira's forehead.

"He said that the child was conceived two nights before I left Knutsford." I said and Tahira's eyes widened.

"But isn't that the night you proposed?" She asked and I nodded with a small smile.

"I was with you the whole time that night. It's not possible for the child to be mine. At all." I said and she grinned and hugged me back tightly.

"What did he say? About the name?" She asked and I frowned.

"He only got the last name. It's a Ms. Pierce. She was supposedly in school with us." I said and Tahira pulled away with a gasp, eyes wide. I looked at her confused when she did.

"Harry... There was only one girl in the school with that surname." Tahira said and my eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Who?" I asked and she shook her head before taking a deep breath.

"Amber."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)