Chapter 8: Chat With A Friend

Emma's POV

I was in the clearing, lifting a large chunk of earth from the ground. I broke smaller pieces off of the large chunk and threw them at a tree I had marked as a target. I was totally oblivious to the person watching from the trees. "Well, this is certainly a surprise." I heard someone speak from behind me.

I whipped my head around in shock. I looked at my one and only friend. Enzo. What the hell is he doing here?! When did he get here?! Why is he here?! I hadn't told him about my powers. Mainly because I saw no need to. "Enzo, hey..." I managed to peep out. "I didn't know you were coming to visit."

"I thought I'd surprise you. Instead, you surprised me. So, do you want to tell me what all of this is?" he questioned as he gestured at the mess of earth behind me.

My mind was scrambling for a way to tell him what was going on. Damn it, how the heck am I supposed to explain all of this?! Thankfully, he doesn't look mad or upset. "So, I have powers..." I slowly started.

"Yeah, that much was obvious. I'm gonna need a bit more than that." he responded as he walked towards me.

What the hell, I'll just tell him. "So, basically, I can manipulate earth, water, air, and fire. I first discovered my abilities when I was twelve and have been practicing with my powers ever since. I don't know where my powers came from. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just want to keep it a secret. Absolutely nobody knows about them and I would like to keep it that way. So please don't tell anyone." I rushed out.

"Hey don't worry, I won't spill your secret. I'm just shocked that you have a power like this. I've never seen anything quite like it." he said.

I deflated a bit at that. "So, you have no idea what I even am? I've been trying to find out what exactly I am and why I have these powers. My birth parents died when I was really young, so I have no way of knowing where these powers came from." I admitted.

"Sorry Emma. I wish I could help. I genuinely have no clue what type of creature has powers like this. So, do you want to show me what else you can do?" Enzo asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Sure! Just wait until you see what I can do with my wind ability!" I responded excitedly, ready to show him what I've got.