Chapter 30: Look Who's Back

Emma's POV

"Hello Elena. It's nice to see you again." Isobel said.

Jenna, understandably, looked back at Elena in shock, disbelief, and betrayal. "Again?" Jenna managed to peep out.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?" Isobel asked.

No! No, don't...don't invite her in." Elena sputtered out.

"I need to talk to you Elena." Isobel said.

"No!" Elena shouted as she shut the door in the woman's face.

"You knew she was still alive?" Jenna asked, heartbroken. Elena didn't respond. "Ric, John, did they know?" Jenna pressed.

"I can explain everything, Jenna." Elena said, trying to calm the woman down.

"No." Jenna firmly responded and left for her room.

"No, Jenna, please. Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, Jenna, please, wait!" Elena begged as she followed Jenna upstairs. I just stood there in total shock. Does this mean we have to tell her everything? I know she has the right to know, but to find out like this... I felt really bad for both Jenna and Elena. Personally, I would have told Jenna by now, but refrained from doing so because telling her would be up to Elena and Jeremy, not me.

The next day rolled around. I woke up the sound of voices coming from the front door. I got up just in time to see Jenna walking out the door with several bags in hand. I looked to Elena and Alaric for answers. It was then I heard a voice from behind me. "Let her go." I turned around to find John Gilbert standing behind me. "It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on." John continued. "But, maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this-" Before John could finish, Alaric punched him in the face. Don't laugh. This is a serious moment! Don't laugh!

Both Elena and I looked at Alaric in pure shock. "Sorry, Elena." Alaric whispered as he walked out the door. Elena couldn't contain her amusement, because a small breathy laugh could be heard from her.

"You know this is your fault, right?" Elena accused John.

"Right." John mumbled. There was blood dripping down from his nose. That's gonna leave a nasty bruise.

Elena and I both continued to get ready for school. At some point while I was getting ready, Stefan had come over. Right when I was about to ask why he was here, John entered the room. "Elena, can you come downstairs, please? I need to talk to you." John asked.

"I have nothing to say to you." Elena responded.

"Please? It's important. Emma, Stefan, you guys, too." John urged. Reluctantly, we all made our way downstairs. When we were making our way to the kitchen, we were greeted by an unwanted sight. Isobel, inside of the house.

"I asked John for a do-over." Isobel stated.

"You invited her in?" Elena asked, upset.

"She has information about Klaus. Please, just listen to her, okay?" John said.

"Alright, what do you know?" Stefan stepped up and asked.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you." Isobel started.

"Best chance at what?" Stefan pressed.

"Keeping Elena alive." John pitched in.

"You don't get to talk, okay?" Elena said. "Not after everything you've done."

"Were you able to find Klaus?" Stefan asked Isobel.

"No. Nobody knows where he is. But there are these rumors flying around that a doppelgänger exists." Isobel continued.

"Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you." John added on.

"I'm not buying any of this. The last time that you were here, you made it clear that you didn't give a damn about me. Now all of the sudden I'm supposed to believe that you want to help?" Elena questioned.

"Isobel's been helping all along. Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive, and bring him straight here to Mystic Falls where you were bound to be discovered. So we killed them." John said.

"And almost killed Stefan and Damon in the process." Elena responded bitterly.

Before things could escalate, Isobel stood up. "I have a safe house that I can take you to. The deed is in your name. No vampires can get in without your permission. Not even me. Let me help you." she said. A safe house, if it isn't from you, then it wouldn't be a bad idea.