Chapter 37: The Original Family

Emma's POV

Once Elena ended the call with Stefan, Elijah held out his hand. Elena huffed and gave him her phone. He puts it in pocket before turning to me and doing the same thing. "Really?" I asked.

He nodded. I sighed and gave him my phone.

Once he had procured our phones Elena spoke up. "He's here."

"Klaus is here?" Elijah asked.

"He's taken over Alaric's body." I added.

"Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks." Elijah replied.

"Well, what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him." Elena said.

"Yes, I do." Elijah said.

Elijah said that he really needed to change his suit. He suggested the Lockwood mansion. We were confused, but Elena drove there anyway.

Once there, the three of us walked up to the door. Elijah knocked and Carol answered. "Elijah, Elena, Emma, what are you doing here? What happened?" Carol asked as she looked us over.

"I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help." Elijah replied.

"Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I.." she abruptly stopped.

"It won't take but a minute of your time." Elijah compelled.

Carol flashed him a smile. "Of course! Anything you need." Carol said, stepping aside to let us in.

"Thank you." Elijah responded. The three of us make our way inside,

'Well, first things first. I'm going to need a change of clothing." Elijah told Carol.

"Well, we can try one of my husband's suits. I haven't boxed them up yet." Carol suggested.

"Wonderful." Elijah said. Carol nodded and made her way upstairs.

Once she was out of earshot, Elena decided to speak up. "How did you know she's not on vervain?"

"Cause I'm the one who got her off it. Right before you and your friends killed me. If you'll excuse me. I'll be down in a moment." he told Elena. He made his way upstairs.

A few minutes later, Elijah came back downstairs in a fresh suit. He made a trip into the Lockwood's kitchen to make himself some tea. Once that was done, we made ourselves comfortable in the living room. "So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." Elijah stated.

"No. I'm sorry." Elena replied.

"And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elijah asked.

"Klaus took her. We don't know what he's done to her." I answered.

"Well, I can assume that she isn't dead yet. That isn't his style. Death would be far too easy for her after what she did." Elijah said.

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him." Elena said.

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time...I'd have done anything for Klaus." Elijah told us.

He started to tell us about the first time he had met Katherine. It was at a party for Klaus. Or, Niklaus. That being his full first name. He also mentions that Klaus is his brother.

Elena and I looked at him in shock. Klaus is Elijah's brother? And he wants him dead? Elijah picked up on our shock. "Yes. Klaus is my brother." Elijah states.

"I heard that. I'm still processing." Elena said. As am I.

"Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is 'O.M.G'." Elijah said as a small amused smile lit up his face. He took a sip of his tea.

I let a quiet laugh escape me at that. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting Elijah to crack a joke. He seemed to be the type that was serious all the time.

Elijah continued to tell his story. He mentioned something about other siblings.

"There's a whole family of Originals?" I asked.

"My father was a wealthy landowner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children." Elijah informed.

"So your parents were human?" Elena asked.

"Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story. Just know...we are the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all vampires were created." Elijah stated.

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" Elena questioned.

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad...dead. Come." Elijah said as he gestured for us to follow.