Chapter 4

Bella's Pov-
Ashton was walking home with me once again. He said he was proud of me for standing up to Michael. Ash didn't know of anyone that has stood up for themselves after Michael has said some rude stuff to them, I take that as a win for me.

"Ash, what am I gonna do? It's only the first week of school and I already had a detention! What am I going to tell my parents?" I say very worried.

"Tell them that....uh...shit, I need an excuse too. We'll both use the same one. Okay let's brainstorm!" He said.

"Ash, I'm just gonna tell the truth on my part. But I don't know how you're gonna explain skipping two class periods because of me.... I'm sorry that I got you into this."

"No, no, Bella. I'll tell the truth too if you are. Don't say you dragged me into this because I would've gladly stepped in anyway, that's what friends are for." He said while pulling me into a hug.

When we got home, we departed at our houses which were whole 15 feet away from each other. Im being sarcastic, but it's not bad living next door to Ashton, he's really nice and super sweet! I'm glad that I became friends with him, he's definitely my best friend in this school.

When I walked inside of my house, my parents were waiting for me, ready to interrogate me as to why I got detention. I told them the whole story from beginning to end. But I didn't mention any names besides Ashton. Because if I EVER decided to be friends with Michael, I know that they sure as hell wouldn't let me hang out with him. I picked up Quinn and headed off to my room since she wanted to play with me.

"Okay, Quinny, what do you wanna play?"

"Dress up! Dress up!" She said excitedly.

"Okay, well if that's what you want then go grab some clothes from my closet. I'll get my makeup for you, Hun." I'm not too thrilled but she's only five, how much harm could she do? Wait a minute... Of course she's gonna do harm! Why did I agree to this?

She grabbed a purple crop top, blue leggings, a red scarf, and a green vest.... What am I? the rainbow?!? I put on the clothes and grabbed Quinn's "special" makeup. I got her a separate makeup kit last year for Christmas so she wouldn't ruin any of mine.

"Ow. Ouch! Quinn, you just need to dab it, not push your fingers into my eyeball!" I say laughing yet in pain.

"I'm almost doneeee!" She said.

After a few more minutes of being poked and prodded by brushes and small fingers, I was done. I looked at myself and almost died. My face was orange, I had on brown lipstick, green eyeshadow, and my eyebrows were black.... Nice.

"Oh... Quinn, you... Uh... You did really good!" I say, giving her a hug.

She ran out of my room and I showed my parents, I've never seen them laugh so hard. I ran back up to my room and snapped a picture and sent it to Ashton, Luke, and Calum in a group chat. With the caption "my new look". They were dying, my phone wouldn't stop buzzing while I was taking all of this stuff off.

I sat on my bed texting the boys in the group chat for about an hour until they suggested to do a group Skype call. I love Skype, and skyping all of my friends. The only thing I don't like is that it glitches a lot for me if its long distance. It always ends the call when I'm on with Lexi. So I haven't done it in a while.

We go on the call and do a couple of tests before we start talking just to make sure that it's working.

"Hiiii everyone!" Luke said.

We all responded with "Hi's and Hey's"
"Luke, why is your camera all glitchy?" Calum asked.

"I need a new computer, this one is like 4 years old. So it's a bit glitchy on skype sometimes." He said