Chapter 10

Bella's Pov-
I groaned as I got out of bed on Tuesday morning. School was finally back in full force and I didn't want to go back, but I needed to. I'm graduating and that's final. I slipped on a pair of black vans and put on a white shirt and blue jeans. I think I looked beautiful today. Not sexy or hot, just beautiful. Some confidence is never bad... Right?

As I walked down the stairs I heard nothing besides my own footsteps. Nobody was in the house. I grabbed my phone and called my stepmother.

"Honey, I'm busy at work,what do you need?" She said

"Mom, where is everyone?!"

"Did you even read the note on the fridge?" She sighed.

"Oh, well I'll do that now. Have fun at work." I laugh and set down my phone.

It turns out that Quinn is going over my grandmas for today and both of my parents will be working late, okay so I'm home alone again. I poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and scarfed it down. I was so hungry. Then I slipped out of my door and walked with Ashton on our way to school.

The halls were filled with people, the classes were boring, everything seemed to be going in slo-motion until I got to lunch. We were having hot dogs, which I absolutely hated the taste of. I pushed it to the side and went on my phone. Everyone sat down at their usual seats, started some conversations, laughed a little. But I couldn't get over the smile on Michael's face after Calum or Ashton said something funny. Usually when Luke would try to crack a joke he'd tell him to shut up. Everything was so boring and I just wanted to randomly yell just so something would happen... Did you ever just want to yell for no reason? That was running through my head the whole time. In 5th period I went to the bathroom and returned to see Mikey in the hallway. I took my courage and walked over to him.

"Hey Mikey.." I say.

"What do you want?" He said rudely.

"Did you beat up Trevor?" I openly say not caring.

"Yeah, I did."

"Why would you do that? I can take care of myself, I'm not a baby and I don't need people like you messing with my life." I hiss.

"You obviously can't if he's already trying to make you look like the bad guy. He said you were the one who was being rude and asking him for sex. So since you couldn't take care of it I did." He said.

"That little bastard." I mumble under my breath.

"Sorry, what did you say? About him being a bastard? Yeah, I know."

"I can handle things by myself, don't step into things anymore, let me handle it. I'm 17 years old I don't need a babysitter."

"Whatever you say princess." He smirked and walked away.

God he irks me so much, I hate him. I don't need him to handle my problems, I'm not a child. I'm perfectly capable of handling things on my own. I walked back into my class and everyone stared at me when I walked into the door. That usually happens though because I disrupted the class with the 'super loud' door noises. Everything else went on and nothing else happened in school. Wow, pretty boring day.

Ashton and I walked home with the rest of the boys today since they were coming over his house. We spent most of the time bickering back and fourth about plain and pepperoni pizza. I always go for plain and they tried to convince me to go over to the side of pepperoni lovers.

"I will never join your pepperoni clan, Lucifer!" I yell.

"Oh, this is just the beginning, my foe. There shall be more battles to come and I shall win." He yelled back.