Chapter 15

Bella's Pov-
"Bella! Come in the water with me!" Shouted Piper.

"No, I'm trying to get a tan! I'll be in the water in a few!" I shouted back at Piper as she giggled and dove under weaves.

The sun wasn't what I was used to, I never really enjoyed it until I moved here. The 96 degree weather felt nice on my skin, warming every inch of me as well as tanning it. The slightly chilled breeze is what kept it bearable. Being as pale as I was, it was different when I moved here because almost everyone was tanned, I looked like a ghost compared to them. I'm so happy to have come here since it forced me out of my comfort zone to try new things.

"Are you coming in here or not?" Piper said. She was dripping the cool ocean water all over me.

"I guess. Give me a minute, I'll be in." I said as I got up from my towel on the warm sand.

I situated all of our items at our umbrella and took off my sunglasses and flip flops. The hot sand burned my feet as I ran towards the water. When a wave came up and hit my legs it instantly shocked me due to how cold the water actually was. I took a couple more steps in and then stopped at about waist height. Piper was a bit farther out but I needed to get used to the water first. I took a couple more steps in and I was standing on a small sand bar. Maybe this wasn't going to be that bad I mean it's just water. Nothing's gonna- ew oh my god something touched me! I swam deeper into the water and went away from the foreign object and I was now by Piper who was splashing a random boy in the water. They seemed to be having their own kind of fun so I floated over to the side and relaxed in the soothing waves. They made me feel weightless, almost as if I were in space, but that space had to be filled with water. My thoughts were disrupted by someone tapping my shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sorry to disrupt you, but, I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I've seen you around school before and I think you're cute." The boy said. He had a beautiful smile and he had a darker yet tanned skin tone. His beautiful curly hair lying flat on his forehead.

"Oh, well that's very sweet of you. What's your name? Mine is Bella. It's nice to meet you." I say putting out my hand.

"My name is Marcel, I go to school with you. I think we have English together?" He said.

"Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if we did, but I never pay attention in that class so I'm sorry that I hadn't noticed you sooner, Marcel!" I giggle .

"Oh it's not your fault, my lady, I barely pay attention in there either. I have too much trouble focusing when all of my attention is focused on you." He said sweetly, blushing a bit. His words came off of his tongue effortlessly and he had a thick accent.

"Is there a nickname I could call you by or do you prefer to be called by your full name, Marcel?"

"Ah, I don't really have a nickname, but you could call me yours." He said slyly while looking into my bright bluish grey eyes.

"So we've got a clever one here? I see. Your heart seems to be in the right place Marcel, but you're overshooting it. You don't need to act a certain way around me, you're probably a cool guy, just be yourself." I let out a small sigh and and hold on to his shoulders.

"Good because I don't think I could've kept that up for long." He said looking at the water surrounding us while blushing slightly.

"You're a sweet kid, you should catch up with me sometime, okay?" I said and swam over to Piper. She seemed to be having fun with that guy but I wanted to talk to her about my possible new love interest.

"Hey, Pips, I gotta tell you some new info in the life of Bella!" I said excitedly.

"Hey, I'll talk to you later, babe." She said to the boy as he swam back over to his little group of friends.