Chapter 24

Bella's Pov-
"Luuuuuukke, are we there yet or not?" I said as we drove down an empty street.

"We're almost there, but I can't focus if you keep asking me!" He said, letting out a small laugh.

"Well I'm sorry that car rides are boring! I can't stand them."

"Not all car rides are boring, sometimes the journey is better than the actual destination." He argued.

"Well.. This journey is boring and I can't wait to get to the party." I mumbled.

"You don't have to worry about the ride anymore because we're here." Luke announced.

"Finally!" I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

Luke got out of his side and led me to the correct door to enter. I didn't even know what this party was about but I guess I'm going to find out somehow. The room was filled with decorations. It was streamers and balloons galore, along with many tables to seat the many guests. Almost everything in the room was pink... That's probably why Luke had gotten the pink tie and I had to get the pink dress.

"Luke," I pulled his sleeve so he would lean over, "What is this party for? And why is everything pink?"

"I don't know why everything is pink and the party is for my cousin. She's having her sweet 16." He said, filling with excitement.

"I didn't know a sweet 16 could look this grand.. Wow.. It's amazing." I said in awe. 

"Well I have to admit, her family is quite.. Um.. Well they just got a lucky one I guess because they're pretty damn rich. Not to be complaining but they throw these grand parties yet they show barely any compassion for relatives. I don't know, they're greedy. That's it. "

"I get it, there's a lot of people like that that I know. Your cousin is extremely lucky to have this party, on my 16th birthday I got a pat on the back and 6 dollars. Thanks, Nana." I confessed, letting out a little giggle. I honestly wasn't a party person. Well, if they're for me then I don't like it.

"Yeah, I'm just hoping she doesn't act like a spoiled brat. I didn't get her anything, oops." He said, laughing, yet again.

I would've gotten her something if I knew it was a sweet 16! Luke, you should've told me!"

"Nope, she doesn't need it. Her parents are rich and she's a brat. Besides, look at that." He pointed over to the corner of the room and revealed a mountain of presents stacked taller than me.

"I have no words.." I was gawking at the mountain of gifts before me.

"Actually you do, you just said them."

"Shut up, noodle." I responded.

"You know what!.. That made me very, very, very... Sad." He said, clutching his heart and wiping away fake tears from his eyes.

"Toughen up, Lima bean. You're never going to be top gun around her if you act like that." I was laughing my ass off.

"But I-"

"Luke, is this your girlfriend? She's very beautiful!" An old woman about the age of 70 or so came walking up to me. Luke's cheeks turned a peachy color as he began to talk again.

"No, grandma, she's just my friend." He said.

"Well, darling, you're very lucky to have her as your friend" The old woman shot Luke a wink and walked away with her little walker. Luke's face was now a shade of Crimson when I looked over at him. This was great.