Chapter 14

Bella's Pov-
Lunch. Lunch is always good. But lunch with the people who love and appreciate me.... 10x better than lunch alone, always. We arrived at McDonald's to get food for Quinn. It's not so good having her favorite food be McDonald's since it's extremely unhealthy and they're everywhere. Every time we pass one she throws a fit unless we stop. Luckily my family has gotten used to it because we obviously aren't going to stop every 20 minutes for McDonald's... But since we movies to Australia she hasn't been complaining, not because she knows she can't have it, but because she doesn't recognize it. In Australia they call McDonald's Macca's, even though Quinn knows the signature golden M logo, we simply tell her to look at the name of the restaurant.

"Bella, this play is a lot like McDonald's! This is fun!" Quinn said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the fast food joint.

"Oh, but this isn't McDonald's, Quinny! We can't come here all the time, this is a special place, do you understand?" I tell her.

"But actually-" Luke started. I cut him off with a glare of "Don't say that." And he didn't continue his sentence afterwards.

"Okay, I understand Bella! Special place..." Her words drifted off as if she was thinking.

We ordered our food and sat down at small table that barely fit us all along with our food. Quinn got a happy meal, of course. She always loves the little toys inside. She gets a couple minutes of entertainment from it while the boys and I eat. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I take it out. I see my moms name pop up and I instantly send it to voicemail. She called back another 2 times then finally quit. She sent me about 20 texts too.

"If you couldn't tell, I'm ignoring you, mother." I send.

"Bella, why are you doing this? I've been worried sick! Get your ass home with Quinn!" She responds quickly.

"You should've thought about that before you sided with him. I'll be home later. Bye." I put my phone away and continued eating and enjoying my time with Quinn and the boys.

"What was that about?" Asked Calum.

"Oh, um, wrong number." I say while putting a fake smile on my face.

We left to head home and I regretted that I didn't take longer. I dreaded heading home because I had to face the 'rents and their harsh words. The trip home was filled with giggles between Luke and Quinn because she had been playing with her little toys with him. The guy at Macca's was nice enough to give her two. She had two little pony figurines and one had managed to find its way into Luke's hair just to get stuck. He pulled the tiny horse out of his quiffed up hair and played with Quinn as we laughed at him.

"You may be laughing now, but looks who's having the most fun here." Luke said.

We arrived home in about 10 minutes and pulled into my driveway. Everyone flooded out of the cramped car and started walking back to Ashton's house. Well, everyone but Quinn and I. But Luke stopped and was checking his pockets frantically as if he lost something. He finally found what he was looking for; the horse toy. He crouched down to Quinn and handed it back to her as he gave her a hug.

"Here, Quinn. We don't want mr.horsey missing his buddy now do we?" He said.

"No we don't. You're right!" She said excitedly.

Quinn handed Luke both of the horse toys and gave him a big hug back. She had a big smile on her face that could've lit up the whole world.

"What? You don't want me to keep these? Are you sure?" He said in an awkward yet questioning tone.

"Well one horsey can't be without the other. I know you'll treat them right." She said.

"You're a sweet kid. Come give me another hug." He said and hugged her once more and gave her a little peck on the head. He ruffled her hair a bit then walked back to the other boys with two horse toys sticking out of the front pocket on his flannel.