𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

It was early morning. The sun was trying to peep from the barrier of the grey clouds. There was raining heavily. The soil was wet, earth was wet. The birds are chirping due to the rain. The tiles and walls were chilly. The atmosphere was calm and quiet. Only the silver drops falling on the mud makes sounds. One wouldn't be able to come out from the blanket due to the atmosphere, if the person is lazy.

"This girl! Nivi, get up. It's late. Get up and go take bath. Aren't you going to school today?" Jhanvi asked pulling the blanket off.

"Mommy, five minutes. Please." Nivi's muffled voice came.

"You've been saying this from the past one hour. It's 7.00 am, now! Come get up." Jhanvi said, moving the hairs which was falling on her forehead.

"Get up." Jhanvi shook her.

Nivi lazily opened her grey eyes with a small pout on her lips and looked at her mother with cute puppy eyes. Jhanvi looked at her with a same pout imitating her.

"Don't my baby want to go to school?" Jhanvi asked tugging her hair strands behind her ear.

"Mommy" She muttered leaning towards her and resting her face on Jhanvi 's warm neck.

"Mommy, look at the rain. It's too cold." Nivi complaints.

"It's raining everywhere. Not only around this house. Everyone children is like you. C'mon get up." Jhanvi said patting her back. Nivi looked at her with a cute face, trying to convince her mother. But whom we are kidding? Indian Mommy!!

"These acts of yours! My baby, keep it with yourself. Mommy isn't going to fall on any of these. Get up, little brat!" Jhanvi pulled her cheeks.

"How can you be so cruel?" Nivi muttered and got down from the bed.

"Did you say something?" Jhanvi asked raising her eyebrows.

"No, what would I say? No, not at all. Hehe!" She laughed sheepishly and made her way towards the washroom muttering something which wasn't audible to her mother even a bit.

Jhanvi shook her head in disbelief with a smile.

"Mommyyy," she called from inside the washroom.

"Hha, what happened?" Jhanvi asked knocking the washroom door.

"Heater is not working." Nivi said from the other side.

"Wait, I'll heat the water in the induction cooker." Jhanvi said.

"So I've to stand there till?" She asked lazily.

"Nivi, if you wait I'll the heat water of else use that cold chilly water." Jhanvi said.

"I'll wait!" Nivi stated with a grumpy face.

Jhanvi chuckled.

After sometime, Jhanvi poured the boiling water on the bucket.

"It's late, already. Do it fast." Jhanvi said and moved out of the washroom.

She then made her way towards the kitchen. She looked at cooked food, tested it's heat, then served it on their respective tiffin boxes. Just then she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist.

"Mommy, you're so warm." Nivi mumbled.

"Is it?" Jhanvi asked closing the tiffin boxes with their respective lids.

"Hhnn."

"Mommy should I take a day off?" Nivi asked hopefully.

"Today is the first day of your ninth and you want to take an off today itself?" Jhanvi glared.