8

Caroline sighed as Elena and her sat down at a table in the grill. Elena having convinced her that sitting at home crying wasn't a good use of her forced night away from Klaus. Matt walked over to the table. 

"Elena. Caroline," Matt said. 

"Hey Matt," Elena said and the two of them smiled at each other. 

"Oh hey," Caroline said half heartily, looking up at Matt, her smile not making it to her eyes. 

"You and Klaus have a fight," Matt asked as Caroline looked back down at the table. 

"I had to leave. I just couldn't be there tonight. I needed a break. I'll go talk to him tomorrow," she muttered, though she wasn't really listening to their reply. Elena turned back to Matt. 

"How did you know," she asked. 

"Klaus was in here before, drinking through half the bar," Matt said and Caroline's eyes shot up to his at the sound of Klaus' name. 

"What," she muttered. 

"He only tends to do that when he's not with Caroline. He seemed convinced she had actually left him," he told Elena as Caroline listened. 

"What," she asked this time more panicked; suddenly 100 times less mad than she had been before. She wouldn't leave him. She loved him, he should know that. 

"Yeah, he was really drunk so Tatia took him home about 10 minutes ago," he said and then sudden Caroline was standing. 

"What? Tatia is where," she hissed and Matt just stared at her with a confused face. Caroline turned on Elena. "Drive me home, now," she snapped and Elena just smiled, nodding her head. 

"Sure." 

Tatia had been waiting for her moment. It wasn't like she was actually going to try and break Klaus and Caroline up. She wasn't that mean, but she also knew no one lasts forever. No one has a relationship without fighting, defiantly not Caroline and Klaus. This fight had been a big one; Caroline had packed a bag and headed to Elena's for the night while Klaus had headed to the grill convinced he had lost her forever. 
Tatia poured Klaus another glass as they sat in the Mikaelson's house. Klaus sighed, taking another gulp. 

"I guess it was going to happen at some point," he said and Tatia nodded. 

"It's better it happened now," she said sweetly. "So you didn't get any more hurt," she breathed and Klaus focused a smiled. 

"Thanks Tatia," he breathed, placing his hand on her knee. "You're a good friend." She smiled, placing her hand on his. 

"Of course. I'm always here for you," she said and watching him take another sip from his glass. 

"Caroline," Elena hissed as Caroline throw open the car door before Elena had even stopped the car.

"What," Caroline asked, stopping for a second. 

"You know this is boarder-lining on jealous nut case right," Elena said and Caroline stared at her for a moment and then smiled. 

"I was going to say romantic but okay. Wait here," she said, not stopping to wait for a reply. Caroline throw open the doors to her house with Klaus and stormed inside. Caroline stopped suddenly seeing Klaus and Tatia's lips locked together on her couch. "You stupid little," she hissed. Klaus and Tatia broke apart. Tatia smirked at Caroline as she stared daggers at her. 

"Caroline," Klaus said, quickly standing up, stumbling a little as he did. 

"Get out," Caroline growled. 

"Caroline, it's not what it looks like. I wasn't," Klaus started. 

"Not you," Caroline snapped. Klaus looked at her confused. "Tatia get the hell out of my house," she growled and Tatia grabbed her bag running from the house. Caroline then turned on Klaus. 

"Caroline, I didn't. I wasn't thinking. I thought I lost you," Klaus said, stepping over to her. She sighed. 

"Stop," she said, placing her finger on his lips. There was a long moment of silence before she spoke. "I forgive you," she said and Klaus got even more confused than he had been before. "Tatia had been trying to get at us forever." 

"I know, but I'm sorry," Klaus said and Caroline smiled softly, slipping into his arms. 

"And I forgive you because you smell of 90% alcohol," she said and he chuckled. 

"I love you," Klaus said and Caroline smiled, nuzzling into his shoulder. 

"I love you too," she breathed. "But I don't ever want to catch you kissing someone else," she said and he squeezed her tight. 

"Never again. I promise