73

Good Girls Do Bad Things
"When I'm down, I'll let you know. When I'm done, I'll let you go. Good girls do bad things sometimes, but we get by with it..."
"No," she whispered quietly, her eyes blank in disbelief of what she'd just done. "No, no, no."
Klaus, who'd been surprised at her initial action, was now taking inventory of the situation at hand. Stefan stood by, unable to comprehend the unintentional massacre they found themselves in, while Caroline fell to her knees, staring at the witch she had just stabbed, causing a domino effect of deaths.
Rolling his eyes at their blatant ineptitude to handle these situations, Klaus decided to take over.
They've screwed up as much as they could; now I'm left to clean up their messes. Damn their humanity. Vampirism is wasted on them.
"Stefan," Klaus waved him over to Bonnie's unconscious form. "Take the witch home, before I decide to kill her for willingly being a puppet in Silas's scheme."
Stefan seemed to snap out of it and moved automatically to Bonnie at his command. As he stood with the limp girl in his arms, Stefan seemed to get a grip on himself as he looked over at Caroline. As much as he wanted to comfort her, Bonnie needed him more at the moment.
Giving Klaus a glare, warning him to not upset Caroline anymore than she already was, Stefan sped out of the woods to take Bonnie out of harm's way.
Klaus scoffed softly at Stefan's pathetic threat. As if he doesn't already know how weak I am against her.
And that was another bone of contention he had against Stefan. He hadn't missed his words through the phone call between Caroline and Elena as they went on their hunt for the hunter's sword. His sword.
If anyone's going to get him to give it up, it's Caroline.
He knew. Stefan knew the hold she had on him, and he exploited it. Klaus couldn't take revenge against Caroline for being his weakness. His mind revolted against harming her anymore. But Stefan was another matter. He'll get what's coming to him soon enough...
For now, he had bodies to dispose of and a catatonic Caroline to babysit. But he was still angry, and just a little bit hurt (not that he'd admit it), at her earlier words of him not being worthy of her affections, so he decided to ignore her and let her stew in the ramifications of her actions.
With an annoyed sigh, Klaus shrugged off his jacket and tossed it on a fallen log. Picking up the discarded shovel the witches had used to shape the circle for their spell, Klaus began digging a mass grave for the entire coven of witches.
He had dug two feet deep when he heard a soft gasp come from Caroline, as she collapsed where she stood near the dead witch and buried her head in her hands. Klaus narrowed his eyes, wondering if she was wallowing in her apparent fall from grace or if something else had gotten to her.
"What is it, Caroline?" he asked roughly, approaching her cautiously.
"Nothing," she mumbled into her hands.
Caroline wasn't one to lose her cool over "nothing" so Klaus knew it was definitely something. Crouching on the balls of his feet in front of her, Klaus pulled her hands away from her face.
What he saw had his lips parting softly in surprise, before curling up one side to form the devastating smirk she dreaded.
The veins around Caroline's eyes were pulsing against her skin, making obvious her hunger for blood. It was the scent of the blood she had spilled by plunging the knife into the witch's heart that was getting to her. She wouldn't admit to wanting to know the taste, but her body couldn't quite hide the desire.
Oh, Klaus was going to enjoy this.
Reaching over to touch the body that lay beside them, Klaus dipped his fingers into the blood that had pooled beneath her.
"It's this, isn't it?" Klaus asked raising his blood coated fingers to entice a reaction out of her. "You want this, don't you, love?"
Caroline blinked rapidly, trying to reign in her hunger and ignore Klaus's words.
Klaus watched as her breathing got shallow in her struggle to control herself. Enjoying the hell out of this, he allowed his own eyes to glow gold, revealing the dark veins around them that thirsted for human blood. Parting his lips, he swiped his tongue over the pad of his blood covered thumb, humming in pleasure at the taste.
"It's okay, sweetheart," he taunted, knowing she was seconds away from cracking. "Have a taste. I won't tell."
Fixing her eyes on his gloating smile, Caroline shook her head furiously. "No."
"Don't deny your need, Caroline," Klaus said, wondering how long she would hold out. "You're a vampire. You were created for this."
"No," Caroline protested. "I'm not like you!"
The disgust in her tone stole his amusement.
"You are not as pure as you wish to be. You are exactly like me, love. You see the shades of gray in life. Did you not just kill twelve innocent, good, witches to protect your friend? The death of twelve for the life of one. Tell me that doesn't sound familiar," he said, reminding her of the hybrid massacre he had committed.
Lifting his finger to her mouth, Klaus trailed blood along her bottom lip, daring her to have a taste.
"You're more like me than you think, Caroline. I see right through your good girl façade. So have at it," he whispered, pressing his finger against the seam of her lips. "It'll be our little secret."
With every fiber of her being, Caroline tried to resist. She wanted to prove him wrong, even as part of her mind accepted she couldn't.
In the end, her hunger was too great to be suppressed. Klaus watched riveted as the pink tip of her tongue peeked out to lick the blood he had painted on her lips. When it wasn't enough to satisfy her craving, Klaus felt his own heart race in pleasure as she closed her eyes in ecstasy and leaned over to taste the finger he left hovering near her mouth.
He watched as she enveloped his finger into her hot mouth, swirling her tongue around the digit, making sure to get every last trace of the blood. His pupils dilated as he reveled in her need.
"It's not enough, is it?" he asked as she released his finger, her eyes opening in disappointment. "Your body needs the taste of freshly flowing blood. Feeding off a corpse won't be enough to satisfy you."
Biting into his wrist, he offered it to her. "Here you go, Caroline. This is what you need."
Caroline hesitated, knowing this wasn't right.
Klaus saw her trepidation and warned, "Quickly, before it's too late."
But it already was too late. The wound had healed, and Caroline still stood torn between what was right and what felt right.
"You missed your chance, love," Klaus said, just a little disappointed. Why was she so stubborn? Why can't she just give in?
Almost as if he spoke out loud, Caroline snapped with the overwhelming hunger.
"Not quite," she whispered, gazing into his eyes, wondering what he'd think of her thoughts.
He was right. I want this. I need this. I already killed twelve people today. What's to stop me from taking a little more of what I need? How much worse can I get?
Before she could talk herself out of it, Caroline pounced on him, knocking his back onto the ground as she straddled him.
Klaus forgot the game he had been playing with her as he stared up at her with her curls framing her face, her eyes fixed on his lips. Letting his own need show, he whispered, "You're going to kiss me."
Caroline shifted her eyes to his in surprise, but let a secretive smile curve her lips.
"Not quite," she repeated.
Leaning down slowly, inch by agonizing inch, Caroline swiped her tongue at the blood that had dried at the corner of his mouth. Licking it clean, she allowed herself to trace her tongue along his lips before biting down to draw blood.
A harsh groan escaped him as her soft body pressed into his while she sucked roughly at his mouth. She was using him, but he didn't stop her. She had no idea the effect she had on him as she drank from his lips. His body was on fire, but he loved the burn. Klaus wanted this just as much as she did, and he wasn't going to let anything pull her away.
But he hadn't anticipated Caroline's retreat as she had her fill of his blood. Sitting up on his chest, Caroline sighed.
"You were right. I needed that."
Seeing desire cloud his eyes, she quickly put him in his place. "Thank you for providing the quick fix, but if I ever need it that badly again, I'll go to a more... desirable body."
Klaus narrowed his eyes at her sass, knowing just how well he satisfied her needs.
Caroline let out a giggle at his outraged face, surprised at how quickly she could make light of the situation. Pretending the taste of him wasn't going to haunt her for days to come.
Getting off of him, she walked away sighing in relief. With one taste, Klaus had freed her from the restraints she put on herself because of her friends. She now knew she was able to control her feed, so what was stopping her from going out and sampling any living body?
Nothing.
Turning back to face him, Caroline lifted her finger to her lips as she reminded him of his earlier promise.
"Our little secret, Klaus."