86

Summary: Takes place during the French Revolution. Caroline is a vampire and Klaus makes a deal with her

The girl hid in the shadows as she watched her latest target. She was a commoner in France, but not just any commoner. She was a vampire that killed for the sole purpose of making those that crossed the good, pay.
Caroline Forbes turned when her maker, Katarina Petrova saved her from a man that raped her and left her for the dead. Ever since, the two have been like sisters. Katarina was currently in Bulgaria, trying to reconnect with her native country.
When Caroline spotted her latest target, she readied herself for attack.
She jumped up high and landed in front of the man. Galen Vaughn was his name and he was a murderer that killed women for no apparent reason.
As she attacked him, Galen stopped in his tracks and reached for a wooden stake that he kept in his back pocket.
"So, you are the infamous vampire." He identified.
"And you are as good as dead." Caroline stated as her fangs elongated.
"I don't think so." Galen said and with a gesture, the men from behind grabbed her and she fought, but lost consciousness when they used a syringe filled with vervain on her.
The blonde vampire awoke in a dungeon and she had shackles around her feet. Her hands were tied. As she tried to free herself from the restraints, the vervain around both the ropes and shackles hurt her skin.
"Argh!" She shouted as the herb burned her porcelain skin. She could see the sun glistening through the windows and tried to feel for her lapis lazuli without much success.
Suddenly, the shutters went up and she cried out as the sun hit her skin.
She heard a man's dark laughter and she made a biting sound.
"Try and free yourself, love." A new voice said, tauntingly.
"I will kill you." She bit out as the shutters went up.
Her burnt skin began to knit itself back together, but the vervain continued to hurt her skin.
"Where are you manners, vampire? How about you ask for my name?"
"I do not care for your name."
"Feisty... I like it." He winked at her. "My name is Niklaus Mikaelson."
"You were my next target."
She realized.
"I'm sure," he smiled.
"When I am free from these bloody restraints I will kill you and your friend, Galen."
"Yeah, okay. Sure," Klaus rolled his eyes.
Caroline's monstrous face showed and Klaus sighed.
"Ready for another round, darling?" He questioned as he put his hands on the rope that controlled what direction the shutters would go in.
"You are a murderer!" She accused him.
"As are you," he said before the full impact of the sun reached her.
Caroline cried out in pain as her skin began to peel.
A couple of seconds later, the burning sensation on her skin stopped.
"If you are trying to kill me, do it!" She shouted.
"In do time, you will be dead. That will actually happen in about an hour."
"So, what are you going to do now? Weaken me?"
"Correct," he winked at her as he went towards her and dug a wooden stake into her stomach.
The vampire groaned as he left the stake in her stomach.
"You- you are- pathetic." She tried to get out.
"I may be pathetic, but at least I don't look as pathetic as you do at the moment. Klaus stated as he subtly looked to the darkened corner.
Galen and his comrade, Alexander stood there silently, with Klaus' bloodied sister.
He was only doing this because he had to prove himself to them or else they would kill his baby sister.
He actually found the vampire beautiful and it would be a shame of the guillotine took her life.
Caroline shut her eyes as she tried to control the feeling of pain that was coercing through her veins as the vervain entered her bloodstream.
One hour later, Caroline was tired and battered. The stake was still in her stomach.
As Klaus walked towards her, he pulled the stake out of her stomach and she howled in pain as her internal organs began to knit themselves to their former shapes.
"You're a strong one," Klaus complimented her.
"And I'll get out of here." She breathed out.
She was exhausted and sleep was calling for her but she couldn't give up.
"Thinking like that is what is going to get you killed, love." Klaus whispered into her ear.
The vampire looked up at him confused and he subtly motioned towards the side.
Caroline's heightened vision made out three silhouettes. She could tell that there were two men because of their builds and one girl that was being held by them.
"Time to go." Klaus said as the lights came on. 
Klaus returned her lapis lazuli and said, "we don't want the sun killing you before we have the chance to." 
"Just get it over with." She begged.
"As you wish, my lady." He bowed.
Caroline rolled her eyes at him and he removed the shackles from her feet. When they stood, Galen and Alexander left them. 
Klaus stopped her and pushed her into a wall.
"I will help you if you help me."
"I'm sorry, darling. I don't make deals with humans."
"So you'd rather die?"
"Yes."
"Really?" He questioned, surprised by the willpower she showed.
"Yes, but I will make an exception for you. What do you want?"
"Turn me and save my sister from them."
"That's two things, Niklaus. Which one do you want more?" 
Klaus sighed and kicked at the dirt.
"Save my sister and in return I will make a distraction for you escape."
"Done," she said as she pushed him away.
"Don't run. There are guards everywhere and when I make a distraction they will all go in my direction."
"Okay," she nodded.
"How can I trust you?" Klaus asked her.
"The better question would be if I should trust you and you, me." She told him as she went ahead.
Klaus sighed as he grabbed her arm and led her out of the dungeon.
Once they were outside, Caroline shut her eyes because of the sudden feeling of light in her eyes.
"Show time." Klaus told her as they walked up to the guillotine.
Once Caroline was there, Klaus forced her down and shoved her head into the hole. 
"Over here, we have a vampire. She disobeyed our rules and because of that she is losing her life this fine afternoon. Let this be a lesson to all of you. Vampire or not, do us wrong and you will pay for your head. Literally." Galen said as he put his hand on the rope.
"Over there, a vampire attacking a child!" Klaus shouted as he pointed to an empty roof.
"Where?" Galen questioned.
Klaus pointed up and Galen cursed under his breath.
"Guards!" Galen shouted as he left the stage and followed them.
"Go! Now!" Klaus shouted as he helped her out of the guillotine.
"Where's your sister?" Caroline asked him.
"Over there, she's bleeding." Klaus said as his eyes darkened.
"You kept your end of the bargain and I intend to do the same." Caroline told him before she flashed towards the bleeding heart.
She wasn't as fast as usual because of the loss of blood, but she still had strength. 
As the blonde reached the other blonde she bent down and Rebekah tried to open her eyes. She was weak and Caroline flashed away with her.
When they got to an empty warehouse, Caroline let the girl rest.
"Who are you?" Rebekah asked weakly.
"A friend," Caroline answered.
"I don't have anymore friends. They all left me when I got pregnant."
"You're pregnant?" Caroline asked.
"I was, but they- they beat me and I lost my baby." She cried.
The vampire felt bad for the human and she could here Rebekah's sobs.
"Are you sure that you lost your baby?"
"How can it survive? They beat me."
Caroline listened for another heartbeat and smiled when she heard it.
"You are still with child, but the baby... It has a weak heartbeat." She confessed.
"No. Please help me. My baby can't die." She sobbed violently.
Caroline sighed as her fangs elongated and she bit down on her wrist.
"Drink this." Caroline told her as she put her wrist to the young girl's mouth.
"What is it?"
"Blood, but it will help. It'll help both you and your child."
"Do you promise?" 
"I swear." The vampire swore.
Rebekah nodded as she swallowed the blood. She hated the metallic taste, but if it would save her child, she would do it.
When Rebekah pulled away, Caroline smiled.
"You look great." Caroline told her as her bruises and scratches vanished. She still had some blood on her, but a bath would fix that.
"My baby? How is it?" Rebekah asked.
Caroline concentrated on the baby's heartbeat and smiled. 
"It's heartbeat is strong. I think you just need some food and rest."
"Thank you," the human thanked her.
"You're welcome,"
"My brother... Where is he?"
"Over here," Klaus said as he emerged out of the shadows.
His face was red and his heart was beating a mile a minute.
Caroline inhaled a breath through her nose and exhaled through her mouth because she had to control herself.
Klaus pushed past Caroline and gave Rebekah a hug. When the Mikaelson siblings pulled away, Klaus looked over at Caroline.
"You saved her. Thank you," he thanked.
"You're welcome." Caroline curtsied.
Klaus stood up and walked towards her.
"Here's your locket." He told her as he handed her an amulet.
Caroline put a hand to her neck and only then did she realize that it was missing.
"Where'd you get it?"
"I took it from you." He admitted.
"Oh... Thank you for giving it back."
He nodded and said, "this is where we part ways, I assume?"
"No." She said before she bit into his neck.
His blood tasted glorious as it traveled down her throat.
Rebekah shouted and Caroline held a finger up and she silenced.
When the guard went limp in her arms, she pulled away and bit into her wrist.
She forced his mouth open and he took the blood.
Once he had enough vampire blood in his system, she snapped his neck.
She felt alive as her wounds closed and her strength came back.
"Why? Why did you do that?" Rebekah questioned.
"To keep the three of you say."
"Three?" Rebekah asked as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
"You are having two."
"Twins?" She asked as her doe blue eyes widened.
Caroline nodded and sat down on the floor.
"Does he know?" Caroline asked as she motioned towards Klaus.
"No," she shook her head.
"Does the father know?"
"Alexander is their father."
"Who?"
"Galen's comrade. He tricked me and I fell for it like a desperate girl." Rebekah said. She could almost laugh at the irony. She swore to herself that she would never fall in love with a man that wasn't like her and she did.
"Alexander seems like a horrible person."
"He is." Rebekah shrugged. "I sure know how to pick them..." She laughed.
"Don't do that... It isn't your fault. I was in love once."
"And what happened?"
"He didn't take no for an answer." She said as she looked down at the floor sadly.
"No..." Rebekah began.
"He raped me in an alley and left me for the dead. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a friend of mine. She saved me."
"I'm sorry you had to go through that."
"Yeah... So am I." She said as she stood up and walked towards a window.
"Are they out there?" Rebekah wondered.
"They are. They have no clue that we are in here though." 
"Good. Will my brother wake soon?"
"Yes," she nodded.
The girls continued to get to know one another for the next hour and then heard Klaus stir.
"He's waking," Caroline told the other blonde.
"What happened?" Klaus asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"I killed you." Caroline answered.
"What?" Klaus asked.
"You wanted to be a vampire and I made you into one." She told him as she took out an extra lapis lazuli ring.
"Where'd you get that?" He asked as he saw the one lapis lazuli on her finger and one in her left hand.
"I always carry one in case somebody proves to me that they are loyal."
"And you find me loyal?" He asked as his blue eyes widened.
"You kept your word so, yes. I believe you are loyal." 
"I- thank you."
"Hold on. You need to know something else."
"What?" He wondered as the blonde vampire turned to Rebekah and cued for her to speak.
"Nik... I'm pregnant." Rebekah said.
"I'm sorry, what?" 
"Alexander and I did the deed. I was stupid and now I am carrying twins in my womb."
"Twins? As in two? I'm going to be an uncle?" He asked as his eyes widened in happiness. He was going to be an uncle!
"Uncle. Godfather. Savior. What ever you want."
"I- oh my god." 
"Yeah..." She agreed.
Klaus was about to say something when he heard three heartbeats.
His vampire face showed and Rebekah back away, frightened.
"Control yourself." Caroline ordered as she slammed him into the wall opposite Rebekah.
"My throat. It burns."
"That is because you're hungry and it looks like you're about to have a five course meal." She smirked. "Rebekah, hide!" The vampire shouted.
She quickly stood up and ran into a room. She shut the door and let out a deep breath when she knew that no one was in there. She pressed her ear to the door and heard Klaus and Caroline begin to fight with the others.
Klaus spotted Alexander and he immediately went towards him.
"Traitor!" Alexander shouted.
"You got my sister pregnant you son of a bitch. Because of you she's dead!" He lied.
"Good. Your sister was a first class whore. She jumped into bed with me the minute I showed interest. I wasn't really interested in her, though. She was nothing but a good fuck." He told the Mikaelson.
Klaus' eyes darkened and he bit down on the man's neck. As his blood traveled down Klaus' throat he felt relieved.
Before Klaus could finish him off, Alexander drove a stake into his chest. He howled in pain and Caroline turned to him.
Galen and the three of them were already dead so Caroline decided to help Klaus.
She looked around the abandoned warehouse and smirked when she spotted a steel rod. She grabbed it and flashed behind Alexander. As she drove the rod through his back, she saw his blood splatter out.
"The bad always pay at the end." She said as Alexander fell to the floor, dead.
"This is going to hurt." She told Klaus as she put her hand on the stake.
She pulled it out and Klaus cried out in pain.
"We have to move." Caroline said as she flashed towards the room that Rebekah was in.
"It's over, Rebekah. Open up." 
Rebekah opened the door and her cheeks were tear streaked.
"He isn't worth your tears." 
"But he was right. I'm a whore."
"No you are not. You are simply a young, naive girl searching for her happy ending."
"How do you know?" She cried out.
"Because I used to be that girl." She said before walking away.
"Are there more?" Klaus asked her.
"Not for a couple of miles, but we have to move."
"You're coming with us?" Rebekah asked hopefully.
"Sure. I don't have anywhere else to be." She said.
"Well then, welcome to the Mikaelson family." Klaus said.
"Thank you," she smiled.