28

Caroline watched her friends fall by her sides. Elena, fell first and as Stefan and Damon ran to her side they were killed too. Bonnie was killed next as an attention to stop the spell. Tyler fell next as he turned up to help and last was Matt, with no way of defending himself. Then it was just her. She was alone. She stood frozen to the stop she stood in, when Silas turned on her. 

"It's funny," he said bitterly. "I was expecting Klaus to be here. I thought it would be fitting that he watched you die," he said and Caroline growled. 

"Go to hell," she said and he just laughed. 

"Strong until the very end," he said. "I'll give you points for that," he breathed, stepping closer to her. She didn't flinch but the tears welled in her eyes. She smiled, with her last moment she wished of Klaus. She wished she had told Klaus how she felt. Silas reached out to touch her and her eyes grew wide when a stake plunged throw his chest. He had a moment of clarity as he looked down at the stake before his eyes went blank. Caroline stood frozen to her spot, as he fell to the ground. Klaus stood behind him. His hands bloody from the stake. 

"Caroline," he breathed and the two of them stared at each other. Caroline watched a worried expression play across Klaus' face. The shock of his expression breaking her from her trance. It took her a moment to realise the worried look on his face was about her. His worry was for her. She took in a sharp breath and ran into his arms. He was to shocked to move but Caroline didn't care. She wrapped her arms around him, burying her head in his chest. He slowly wrapped his arms around her. She pulled back to look at him, not letting go. She wrapped her fingers in his shirt, holding on for dare life. 

"Thank you," she breathed, looking up at him. "Thank you so much," she whispered and fell back into his arms. She stood there, blocking out the rest of the world. Blocking out the hurt. Blocking out everything but her and him.