81 <3

This is one of my absolute favorets

There were many stories over the years about the 'Big Bad Original Hybrid'. Most of them about how he had no heart, how he was ruthless and never showed any mercy to his numerous victims. Some told about how he daggered his family because they dared to disobey him. And lately there were a few popping up about a certain young blonde vampire that had found her way into his inner circle. Many said that he had kidnapped her, that she was leverage against some pour soul, or that she was sired to him like his hybrids. One or two, told by the romantics of the time, spoke of her being his lover, his redemption, his heart.
No matter what the difference between the events of these many, many stories they all had one common theme: Niklaus Mikaelson, no matter who knew him, or what they meant to him, was not a man to be crossed. He was serious, lethal, cruel, calculating, rash and he had turned off his emotions many centuries ago.

One night, when it was dark and storming outside of a Florida bar an older vampire had tried to tell this to Caroline Forbes. The elder expected her to frown, go running to the hills screaming when he told her the gruesome details of the monster that was 'Klaus'. When she had come into the beachside bar, soaking from the rain outside, asking question after question about the hybrid he had told her every story he knew. Every story that he had ever been told he relayed to the innocent looking girl. She had sat calmly through his accounts, smirking slightly when he gave her his opinion on the unusual travelling companion of the original family. (He said that she had sold herself to him, her body and life for that of a loved one.) After he was finished, and the storm outside had calmed slightly, she thanked him for his stories.
"Why do you want to know?" He had asked as she began to walk away from him.
"Curiosity," She shrugged.
"You know what they say about curiosity, young lady," She smiled.
"With all due respect sir, I'm more dog than I am cat," His brow furrowed in confusion at this statement before she nodded her head and made her way out of the bar. As she made her way out, Caroline was smiling.
"Are all the stories the same my love?" A voice came from one of the alleys next to the bar.
"Yep," She said spinning towards the tall figure leaning against the brick, half hidden behind shadows. He chuckled and pushed himself off, striding towards her as she spoke, "You're still as violent and dangerous as ever," She raised her hands in the air to make quotations around 'violent' and 'dangerous' and he raised his eyebrows at her. He had gotten close enough now so that he could place his hands on her hips and pull her closer to him.
"You don't believe me as violent and dangerous as they say?" He asked her mockingly causing the blonde to sigh and roll her eyes at him.
"Nope, not at all," She looped her arms around his neck and looked up at him.
"And if I am not as dangerous as they say, then what am I love?"
"Immature, cocky, egotistical, romantic," She stood on her tip-toes to give him a quick kiss on the lips, "And nothing but a big softy,"
"I resent that sweetheart," He pulled back a little bit but he was giving her one of his dimpled smiles, "I'm over a thousand years old, there's no way I could possibly be immature, and I'll have you know that I am certainly not a 'big softy' as you say," She scoffed in a very unladylike manner.
"Mhmm," She nodded sarcastically, "You looked super tough when we watched The Notebook together last week," She kissed him on the cheek, "And when you were cuddling with me when I was scared of that thunderstorm, or when I made you have a Channing Tatum movie marathon with me,"
"Key word there being 'made' sweetheart,"
"Whatever, you liked it," She shrugged and he chuckled again, pulling his hands from her hips and placing one on the small of her back to lead her back to their cabin.
"So they still don't know who you are?" His tone was serious now and she put her arm around his waist, pulling herself closer and pressing her cheek to his chest as they walked.
"They have no idea Nik," She reassured him. Even after all these years he was still terrified about her being hurt to get to him. "I'm your best kept secret," She whispered and raised her head up to kiss the corner of his mouth lovingly. She had told him countless times that spreading lies about their relationship with him was useless. Only a handful of people actually knew what he looked like and even fewer knew exactly how much she meant to him.
"Good," He looped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer, earning him one of her adorable giggles.
The 'cabin' that the original's owned was more along the lines of a resort used for only four or five people at a time. When Klaus told Caroline about it for the first time she had somehow managed to get him to convince his family to come down to join them there for a week every summer, (the alternative being something along the lines of 'no sex until you agree to let them stay with us,'). So that was how not only Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol ended up coming down but also Katherine, Bonnie and Stefan.
Over the years, Caroline, Rebekah, Bonnie and eventually Katherine had become close friends. Stefan and Klaus had managed to get back to their 20's bromanceyness and Klaus, Elijah and Kol were finally on brotherly terms again. Caroline got along with all of them for very different reasons. Rebekah was her best friend who she talked shopping with and when she had Klaus troubles she would go to her. Katherine was the one she went to when she wanted to talk about the dirty things that Rebekah had no tolerance to hear, and the one she went to for shoe advice. Bonnie was still her oldest friend, she had managed years ago to get her hands on a spell to stop her aging so that she could be with the 'love of her life' as Kol put it. Kol was the one that Caroline called when she wanted some casual male company for drinks when Klaus was out of town for one reason or another and when he wanted to be the younger original could be very sweet. Kol often came to Caroline when he had troubles with Bonnie and Caroline would help him out as best as she could. Elijah was the older brother she never had, he kept her level headed and focused when she needed to be but he could also be fun when he wanted to be (mostly thanks to Katherine). She and Stefan had always been close but since their adventures with the originals they became closer. As for Klaus, he was her mate. No matter what she did or how many times they got into fights she couldn't shake him. He was in her blood, her soul, her heart and her head wherever she went and she knew it was the same for him.
The next day at the 'cabin' Rebekah and Caroline were lying on the hot sandy beach behind the house as Katherine and the boys (minus Kol who had carried Bonnie into the house over his shoulder a few hours ago for what he called 'bonding time') were in the water. Rebekah was telling Caroline about the trip to Paris that she had dragged Stefan on and how she had been able to catch up on all the latest fashions while Caroline had her eyes closed, basking in the warmth from the sun. The mixture of both the sun and Rebekah's voice helped her relax more than she had been able to in the past few weeks and Caroline felt herself slowly drift off.
She groaned when she felt cold water dripping on her forehead and tried to move her head away from it. She vaguely heard Katherine laughing and Rebekah saying, "Nik, don't, let her sleep you've probably exhausted her this past week." Before the ground beneath her disappeared and she felt herself being thrown over someone's damp, broad shoulders. Before she could even fully register what was happening, she felt her warm body being submerged into the cold water.
She sprung up quickly, gasping and coughing out the water that had found its way into her mouth. Stefan, Katherine and Klaus were all laughing and she heard Elijah sigh while Bekah muttered, "Shit, Nik, you're really in for it now," under her breath.
"You immature ass!" She screamed at Klaus, splashing water at him to emphasize her point. She stalked towards him as best as she could through the waist high water and scowled at him. She pushed his chest roughly with both of her hands and got even angrier when he just laughed harder, there were almost tears coming out of his eyes. She pushed him harder and this time he stumbled back a little and when she pushed him a third time he fell back into the water. Before she could laugh at him and tell him that it served him right he had grabbed her leg and pulled her down with him. Her body hit the water with a splash and she managed to kick her leg out of his grasp before coming back up to the surface.
"Seriously?" She asked splashing him just as he swam forward and grabbed her face in his hands and brought her forward so he could kiss her. "You're such a child," She muttered before pulling him back in.
"Oh get a room," Rebekah said from her spot on the beach before lying back down. Caroline pulled back and laughed, catching the look that Stefan and Klaus exchanged before both of them made their way quietly to the beach. She saw Bekah open one eye and then scramble up, "No, don't you dare," She warned, glaring at Stefan who was only a few feet away from her. She backed up straight into Klaus' chest and he grabbed her under her arms. She tried to kick him to let her go but Stefan had grabbed hold of her legs and the two men carried the screaming girl to the water, throwing her in sideways. Caroline laughed at the furious look in Bekah's eye when she came up. She grunted angrily and started making her way to the house, Stefan following behind her already apologizing. Off to the side Elijah and Katherine were in their own little world, and Caroline watched as Katherine gave Elijah a sultry look before taking his hand and leading him towards the boat house.
Caroline felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind and she leaned back as Klaus kissed her shoulder. She sighed happily as she leaned her head against his shoulder as they drifted together.
"You know," he said after a few moments of silence, "We've never done it in the water before," Caroline scoffed.
"Yes we have, remember Bali? And Jamaica? And Mexico?"
"Mmm," he murmured in her ear, kissing it gently, "Ok, we've never done it in the ocean," She rolled her eyes.
"Shouldn't a thousand year old master of the universe know his geography by now? We've had sex in the ocean about a hundred times,"
"Not this ocean,"
"Yes, this ocean,"
"Ok, not this beach," She laughed and moved her head to the side to kiss him.
"Niklaus," she said in a chastising tone and he groaned.
"Sweetheart, you can't call me that and not expect me to do something,"
"You're pathetic," She shook her head.
"Ah, but that's not what you said last night love,"
"Immature," She whispered before pulling him in for a heated kiss.