56

Short but cute.....

Klaus, in all his long years, was unaccustomed to sleeping so deeply. He had always been a light sleeper, ever since he was young and he recognized the danger that came with the vulnerability of real rest.

Yet, when he awoke this morning he felt nothing but well rested. Perhaps it had something to do with the warm body pressed against his front, the soft skin under his fingertips.

And then it came to him... Caroline.

The way she came barging into his home yesterday, upset and desperate for companionship surprised even him. Although they were already a year into their tentative friendship, they did not spend time together outside of public forums; it was simply... safer that way.

But yesterday... It was all he had thought about for months and finally it happened, in a way better than he could have ever hoped for. He leaned closer to her, his mind wandering... So beautiful... my Caroline...

Klaus was vaguely aware of her struggling against him and in his half asleep state he simply tightened his arm around her waist, bringing her delicious heat closer to him, already falling back into the comforting blackness.

It was only when she relaxed in his arms that he let himself drift off again.

The next time he awoke, the midday sun was filtering through the curtains and Caroline had turned in his arms, her head lying over his heart, blonde locks splayed over his naked chest. He blinked lethargically, staring down at her, knowing that he most likely wouldn't get another chance to do so, that she would escape his arms as soon as she could.

She surprised him again, however, when she slowly stirred, looking up at him with sleepy eyes... and not moving away. Instead, she stretched against him, before wrapping herself closer.

"Morning." She whispered drowsily after a moment, her eyes meeting his once more.

Klaus raised a brow, before glancing to where the sun was shining through the curtains. "More like afternoon, sweetheart." Klaus said sardonically, finding himself smiling lightly down at her, gently pushing some of her curls away from the soft skin of her cheek.

Morning, afternoon, what did it matter?

Klaus could get used to waking up this way.