46

2,000 reads! Holy bananas guys thanks!

Two weeks. Two weeks had passed since Caroline had lain her terms onto the table. Two weeks of silence from Klaus. In those two weeks Caroline attended yoga, fashion shows, high tea, walking tours of London and anything she could possibly think of to jam pack her schedule. It was an obvious effort to keep Caroline from making herself a neurotic mess over a guy she had only known for a few days.

It was funny how that worked. She and Tyler had known each other for years before they developed enough of a connection to start dating. And even then, it never felt like enough. Klaus was an instant attraction. Yes she was determined to ignore it at first. He was a lady killer. His pick up lines said as much, yet Caroline had been so at ease with him. As if she had known him for years rather than a few hours.

And that was really the crux of her offer. She felt such a connection with him. He was handsome, smart, funny, had good taste in wine and clothes. God that list sounded just like a dating profile. To make the list sound a little less cheesy she added horrible at pick up lines and perverted. With those two inclusions she didn't feel that he was quite so perfect.

Womanizer by Britney Spears and Diet Mountain Dew by Lana Del Rey was on constant replay in her flat. As much as Caroline wanted to convince herself that he was totally wrong for her, she couldn't help but think that they could work so well together given the chance. Caroline wanted him and he knew he wanted her, but Caroline was only willing to be with him on her terms and she was damned if she would have him any other way.