24 part 2

SMUT........read if wanted

Klaus had promised to get some blood for Caroline and he'd checked the Mystic Falls hospital and the neighboring Grove Hills trauma center, but both had been relieved of their significant donor supply. He decided to drive an hour out of town to a storage locker and retrieve a supply that he'd stashed for his hybrids, because he no longer needed it for that purpose. On the return trip, he wondered if Caroline had taken him up on his offer to make herself at home. Just the possibility that she may still be there... waiting for him, had him pressing the gas pedal and breaking traffic laws to make it back to her.

When Klaus returned home, he found Caroline asleep in his bed. He could tell that she'd showered, because her delicate scent mixed with the smell of the designer body-wash Rebekah had given him a few months before she moved out. She was lying on her back and he knew that she'd been having a restless sleep, because the sheets were twisted around her lower body. The golden waves of her hair were strewn about his pillows and still a little damp. She'd discarded the little red uniform that scent his pulse racing and pulled on one of his white Henley's that she must have found in his dresser. His blue comforter was straddling her hips, concealing her long legs from his sight.

Klaus took his jacket off and draped it over a nearby chair and then he placed the two blood bags he'd brought upstairs for Caroline on the nightstand and sat down on the bed next to her. He took a moment just to watch her even breathing, in and out. He thought he could merely look at her all day and he knew that his sketch pad would be filled with this one image of her later. The daylight was waning and it would be dark soon enough, but the remaining rays that filtered through his window revealed the light dusting of freckles that adorned her graceful face. Klaus couldn't resist trailing a fingertip across the bridge of her nose and caressing the soft skin there.

Caroline sighed when she imagined the gentle touch across her nose and the plane of her cheek. It brought back the memory of standing in Klaus' bathroom with him before he left. The way his expressive cobalt eyes caressed her in the mirror. His hands on her waist arranging her body. His lips on the nape of her neck distracting her with tender kisses before he pulled the stake from her thigh. His chest pressed against her back with his arm around her waist while she fed from him and the feeling of the pad of his finger as he brushed her lip.

Klaus watched as her breathing changed and her heartbeat increased. He couldn't help notice how her nipples hardened beneath the textured cotton and he bit his lip against the need to feel them beneath his mouth. He clenched his jaw and balled his fists on either side of her when he smelled the beginnings her arousal on the air and before he could force himself to leave her, she whispered his name softly.

"Klaus..." Caroline whimpered as she emerged heavily from her nap. She stirred awake, moving her legs from side to side underneath the crisp sheets warmed from the heat of her body. She flickered her eyes open and thought she was still dreaming about what happened earlier when the first thing she saw was the pristine angles of Klaus' face.

Caroline stared at him for a moment wondering when his striking image would disappear and then she'd know for certain that she was awake. His thick and curly crop of blond hair and the wholly male features of his face mesmerized her. His blue eyes, soft and intent and just a shade darker than her own shadowed beneath the arch of his eye brows and full golden lashes, narrowed in concern. Every time she saw him, she wondered what it would feel like to trail her lips down the stubble-rough lighter gold hair along his jawline.

Instead of Klaus fading from her vision, the way he had so many times upon her waking, he opened his mouth and said her name. "Caroline..." She shuddered slightly at the sound of it and felt one of his hands grip her waist to calm her.