XLVI

"Cooper!" Katie exclaimed, running towards her cat and grabbing him in her hands. "Was you a good boy, coop? Yeah?" She asked, kissing the top of his head while he moewed. She then turned to look at the blonde girl who was getting up from her couch. "How was he?" She asked.

The blonde sighed, a small smile playing on her lips. "Fucking menace, as always. Broke a vase, knocked over a lamp, and tried to eat one of your plants. But other than that, he was his usual charming self," she said, her tone a mix of exasperation and fondness.

Katie chuckled, scratching Cooper behind the ears. "Sounds like him. Thanks for watching him, Maddy."

"Baby, where do you want me to put your suitcase?" Azure asked, entering Katie's apartment. "Oh, hum... hi?"

Katie looked back at Azure, her face lighting up with a smile. "Azure, this is Maddy, my neighbor, and part-time cat-sitter. Maddy, this is Azure."

Her golden locks cascaded down her shoulders like strands of sunlight, framing a face adorned with delicate features and big blue eyes. Her skin was fair and flawless, with a natural, sun-kissed glow that highlighted her high cheekbones and delicate features. Maddy's lips were full and naturally rosy, often curved into a warm, inviting smile. She had a slender, graceful figure, her posture exuding both confidence and elegance. Her presence was further enhanced by the effortless way she carried herself, every movement fluid and poised.

Maddy stepped forward, extending a hand. "Nice to meet you, Azure. I've heard a lot about you."

Azure shook her hand, returning the smile. "Nice to meet you too."

Katie placed Cooper on the ground, where he immediately started weaving around her legs. "You hungry, Coop? Let's get you some food."

Azure moved towards the kitchen, suitcase still in hand. "I'll put this in the bedroom," she called out.

"Thanks, love," Katie replied, her attention still on her cat. She looked back at Maddy. "Do you want to stay for a bit?"

"Nah, don't worry about it, I got stuff to take care of," Maddy said, waving her hand dismissively. "But thanks for the offer. And seriously, Katie, keep an eye on Cooper. He's been chaos all day."

Katie laughed, nodding. "I'll do my best. Thanks again, Maddy."

Maddy grabbed her coat and headed for the door. "No problem. See you around." With a final wave, she was gone, leaving Katie and Azure alone in the apartment.

Katie turned back to Azure, who had just returned from the bedroom. "Want some tea?"

"She's cute," Azure remarked, her voice light and teasing as she joined Katie in the kitchen.

Katie smirked, rolling her eyes playfully. "Maddy? Yeah, she's great. Total lifesaver when it comes to Cooper."

Azure leaned against the counter, watching as Katie prepared the tea. "How old is she?"

"Why you asking me that? You jealous?" Katie asked, grabbing two cups from her cabinet and setting them on the counter.

Azure laughed, shaking her head. "No, just curious. She seems nice, is all."

Katie shrugged, filling the kettle with water. "She's in her mid-twenties, I think. Moved in a few months before you joined Arsenal. She's been a godsend with Cooper when we have away games."

"Ever thought about... asking her on a date?" Azure asked, her tone still playful but with a hint of genuine curiosity.

Katie paused, the kettle in her hand. She turned to Azure, a bemused expression on her face. "Asking Maddy out? No, I haven't. We're friends, and besides, she's got a boyfriend. Totally not my type anyway."