3: Miss over-confident!

So I know that I've not updated any of my stories since a long time and you probably might have lost interest in my book. But please try understand that I've my exams uptil 30th of April and regular updating will be not be really easy! Thank you to those who have stuck to my story and will read it till the end! Here's an update.

Recap (for those who have forgotten about the story):

Kathy Dutta, 22 - an Interior Designing student and a college topper (in her 2nd year) goes for an interview at a very reputed Interior Designing Company as her college's recommendation. Mr. Shenoy - Senior, gets very impressed with Kathy and she is selected. She celebrates this success with her friends at a local club and bumps into a hot guy who acts like a jerk and makes Kathy annoyed. So drunk Kathy empties her glass on that guy and walks out from there only to find him in her office on the first day of her job. He is none other than Mr. Ronnie Shenoy, her boss!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

Chapter 3:

Kathy froze when she saw that the hot guy she met last night was none other than Mr. Ronnie Shenoy, her boss. Not just this, but she also had emptied her drink on him and from hearing things about him and his nature, she felt worse. Ignoring her fear, she braved a smile in front of him, even though she was trembling from inside.

"Good Morning Mr. Shenoy! I'm Kathy Dutta, the new intern?!" she said trying to sound normal, even though she was scared by the looks he gave her.

"Wow... I must say you've guts to stand in front of me and talk! Impressive, No wonder dad couldn't stop praising you!" he said and her smile grew wide along with her confidence.

"Well...I'm very confident and I don't have a reason to be scared of you! Mr. Shenoy is himself a gem of a person and I won't fail him!" Kathy told him as a matter of fact.

"I'm sure that you are going to mess up on this chance with that mouth of yours. I don't let my employees talk, so open your mouth only when you are asked to!" he said bluntly and this made Kathy mad.

"Umm...I don't understand how my mouth will affect work or my potential to work but I'll try not to speak much when you are around! Obviously it's difficult to talk to a person like you!" Kathy tried to smile through her gritted teeth, irritation evident in her voice. She could never stand a person like Ronnie.

"Out now! Go and ask Raj about your work and meet me after lunch, you are assisting me in one of the project!" he ordered and she left after nodding her head.

Working with such a jerk is definitely going to be a tough job. Looks can be really deceptive, she thought. Ronnie looked hot. He was tall and had a really well toned and muscular body, clean shaved face, dark brown hair that were cropped and spiked, black smoldering eyes. Kathy could only stare at him when he entered and took off his coat. His muscles threatened to come out of the sleeves of his shirt; but his eyes were stern and expressionless. His mouth was set in a grim line and his voice - though smooth and deep - was cold and distant. The way the words came out of his mouth made Kathy nervous. Kathy wondered how she would work with a man like him; keeping her mouth shut was like impossible for her. Surely he was attractive but the way he treated her, made her dislike him instantly.

She went out and met Raj. Raj seemed like a friendly guy. He got up when he saw Kathy coming to his desk and shot her a flirty smile.

"Good morning Ms. Dutta!" he greeted her with a warm smile.

"Good morning Mr. Raj! Umm...Mr. Shenoy sent me here...so- what work am I suppose to do now on?" Kathy asked him, getting straight to the point.

"See that desk over there? There is Ms. Pooja working on a project and training the other interns! She'll be training you for next 2 weeks and you'll also be assisting Mr. Shenoy for the field work grades!" Raj explained her everything. She thanked him and left.