13: Conspiracy?

Chapter 13: 

"Good morning Mr. Shenoy!" Kathy smiled at Ronnie while serving breakfast to his parents. Ronnie looked at her and nodded his head as he made his way towards the dining table and sat down on a chair after his work out. 

"Smells nice!" he said as he placed some Medu Wadas from the bowl on to his plate. Kathy served him some Chutney and a bowl of Sambhar and smiled at him. 

"Good morning Ronnie!" his mother said but he ignored her, like always. She looked at his son with sad eyes but kept quiet. Kathy saw this and she felt bad for them. 

"I'll get some juice from the kitchen!" Kathy said and went to the kitchen. 

"So Ronnie, are you happy with her?" his mother tried once again, this time getting his attention. 

"Why do you even care? Just mind your own business!" he snapped. 

"She's your mother, show some respect!" his dad told him, making him even more furious. 

"Respect?" he laughed without any humor to it. "You really think I'll do that? You have got to be kidding me, Mr. Shenoy! I hope we don't have to talk much for the two days that you are here or I don't know how I will control myself from snapping at you two! I hope you both leave this place soon!" Ronnie told them and started eating his food silently but he couldn't just insult his parents and act like it was nothing. Kathy heard this and was really pissed with Ronnie's attitude. 

"Mr. Shenoy, why do you always have act like a prick? They are your parents for god’s sake. You can't just insult them like this; I want you to apologize!" Kathy said trying to stay as calm as possible. 

"Ms. Dutta you stay out of this. I've not given you any right to talk on this!" Ronnie replied. 

"Will you just stop acting like a jerk and apologize?" she asked again but Ronnie ignored her this time. There was no way that she could get a reaction out of him on this matter. 

"You know what; I think you're a loser, a big loser! You don't have a heart and you can never respect anyone! Hell, you don't even respect your parents! You are such a pain in the arse!" Kathy yelled making him growl. 

"I've had enough of your lecture! Stop interfering in my business and I want you to stay out of it! Do you hear that? Stay. Out. Of. This! And don't you dare act like this; who do you think you are to give me orders like that? What makes you think that I'll tolerate your nonsense? Just because I'm nice with you does not mean that I'll always be nice, do you get that!" he spat with venom and got up from his chair. 

"I'm married to you now and it is my business if you don't get that!" Kathy said, stopping him from going anywhere. He turned around and glared at her. 

"Okay, enough you two! Kathy, please finish with your work and help me with this charity work only for today, my helper's ditched me last minute!" Mrs. Shenoy said trying to stop the fight and Kathy looked away from Ronnie and looked at Mrs. Shenoy, her eyes softening. 

"Okay, I'll help you this one time!" she said with a smile and walked into the kitchen. 

Ronnie walked out of the dining room, got ready and left for office in no time. He was in a very bad mood and his employees would surely face the music. He just wanted to drown himself in the pool of work, like always. 

Meanwhile, his parents were up to something while Kathy was busy cleaning dishes. 

"I feel like Kathy is really the one for him. I know the circumstances in which they got married but now I think she is really the right girl for him! I miss my son and I know that neglecting him when he needed us the most is a big mistake that we made. I agree we were wrong but I can't see him like this! He acts so indifferent, so lifeless and it pains me to see him that way." Mrs. Shenoy started. She got a bit emotional.