10: New life, new beginning?

Chapter 10: 

Hopefully this one's going to be a long chapter because you guys are so amazing! So please Vote/ Comment/ Fan me if you enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost end of May and the city drenched in the first rainfall of the season. The earth emitted all the heat it had absorbed during the summers and left behind sweet scent of soil. Kathy sat on the marble of the French window in Ronnie's room and looked outside through the glass. True, it was only a contract marriage for them but it was real for everyone else and since a few guests and Ronnie's family were staying at their house for four more days for some post wedding ceremonies, they had to stay in the same room for the sake of people. Kathy smiled when it started raining a little faster. Life had surely changed for her in these few months but the dream girl inside her always made her very happy about herself during rains. There was something about rains that always cheered her up. She looked at the Arabian Sea in front of their sea-facing window; she looked at the street close to the sea, the waves that danced to the tune of the now cold wind. The street was busy and people were rushing home and trying to dodge the rain. A few vendors were closing their business and protecting their materials from getting soaked. Kathy was still in her wedding dress. She was lost in observing things outside and did not want to think about things that were sad. She loved rains and was very happy and at peace. 

"What are you doing here?" she heard a voice yell and she turned around to see who it was. She saw Ronnie standing at the door with a towel in his hand. He also still had his wedding clothes on. He looked at Kathy, waiting for an explanation. Kathy sighed and stood up from her place and walked upto Ronnie. She smiled awkwardly but he just folded his arms over his chest and demanded an explanation. 

"Well, your family is outside and for them we're happily married now! They think we're in lo-" Kathy stopped mid way and looked at Ronnie. He only rolled his eyes and went into the bathroom, probably to take a bath. Kathy turned around and looked for her bags. She took out a pair of shorts, a lose T-shirt and a towel. She still had to unpack her bags. As she stood up and placed her clothes on the night stand, she noticed that the bed-which was really bigger than the bed at her parents’ home- was decorated with rose petals and there was a glass of warm milk on the other side of the bed side table. She looked around and saw a very romantic set up. She tensed a bit on seeing that and stared with her eyes wide open. She was scared now and her heart beats paced. 'Is this what he is up to?' Kathy asked herself and she heard the bathroom door open. She freezes on her spot. 

"Oh God! Don't tell me you're dreaming that I'll be getting all over you tonight! Touching you is the last thing in my mind and don't even think that there'll ever be 'us' because you're not my type!" Kathy heard Ronnie say this and though she was relieved, she couldn't help but feel bad when he said that. Not that she wanted him to touch her but that statement would hurt any women with feelings. She felt insulted. She turned around and her mouth was wide open when she saw him standing there only in a towel wrapped around him. He had an amazing body and she couldn't take her eyes away from his toned abs. 

"Oh trust me Mr. Shenoy, I don't want you anywhere near me!" she snapped when she regained herself and then she stormed to the bathroom taking her clothes with her. She had made sure that Ronnie knew she was mad at him and so she closed the bathroom door with a lot of force. 

Ronnie smirked when he saw her looking at him like that. He'd forgotten to take his clothes with him out of habit and the moment he stepped out of the bathroom he was embarrassed to be walking out like this but then he looked around the arrangements in his room and saw Kathy staring at him and he lost it. He yelled at her for that. True, he'd agreed to marry her but he did not love her and he couldn't forget that the only time he cared about someone; he fell in a situation like this. And he disliked Kathy for that reason. It is not that she wasn't attractive, she was really hot and he might have thought of a spending a night or two with her if things had not been the way they were. He cleaned his bed and canned all the rose petals, took out the entire romantic decorative and threw them in the bin. He sat on his bed and opened a business magazine when Kathy walked out of the bathroom. She looked fresh like a flower from her bath, her hairs were left open and wet from the shower, and she was drying them with her towel. Her legs looked very long and toned. Her skin looked very silky, her black shorts hardly reached mid-thigh and her T-shirt covered half the shorts. Her face looked pretty without make-up and the T-shirt highlighted all the correct places. She once again sat on the marble of the French window. Ronnie stared her the entire time and let out a breath that was trapped in his throat. As soon as Kathy looked at him from the window, Ronnie looked away from her and looked into the magazine. Someone knocked the door at that moment and Kathy stood up to answer the door.