36: What did I do?

SURPRISE UPDATE for you all...

Dedicated to: beyarao99

Chapter 36:

A shiver ran her body and she froze as she was pulled in for a hug and her friend cried his heart out in front of her. The way he pulled her closer to him showed how much he needed her then.

“I proposed her with a ring last night and s-she said she didn’t want marriage! She said this won’t work now and walked out on me!” he said as his body trembled and his eyes watered. It pained Kathy to see Monish in this state. This wasn’t him. He never ever became emotional over a break up. Maybe, he really loved her if he was crying like a baby. Kathy stood there motionless and just let him cry and hug her. Strange, she wasn’t happy that they broke up; all she felt was anger towards Riya for doing this to her best friend. She didn’t know how to react when he first pulled her liked that but she let him hug her, knowing that he needed her.

“Cry your heart out, let it out!” she said sympathetically as she patted his head. He unintentionally rested his head in the crook of her neck, making her feel uncomfortable. She pushed him a little away and gave him a sad smile.

“She’ll come back to you if she ever loved you, don’t worry!” she said, making him frown.

“She’d have never left me if she loved me in the first place!” he stated.

“Maybe she has her reasons, talk to her!” she told him, making him think about it for a while.

“She said she needs sometime to cool off…I don’t know if she really loves me!” he stated sadly.

“Are you really crying over a break-up? Well, if that’s what you call it…” she couldn’t help but ask. He looked at her and a smile cracked on his face.

“You know how to make me smile even at worst times like this.” He told her with a smile. She smiled back at him as she stood a few steps away from him.

“Like you do!” she replied truthfully.

“Come on, enough of all this crying…let’s go eat something!” he suggested, taking her hand in his own.

She hesitated for a minute before giving a nod. They walked towards his car and drove off to their old hangout place. It was a small cafeteria just outside of a school they went to a few years ago. It was early evening and there weren’t many people around. They walked out of his car and headed towards the café. They had those huge bamboo chairs and a round dark brown colored wooden table with a box of tissues and a small vase with a single rose in it. Walking through the small garden gate, they got seated at the end of the café. The waiter came in soon and handed them menu cards as he placed two glasses of water. None of the two had to look at the card as they were a regular at that place. A middle aged man appeared at the entrance and smiled at them.

“How are you two? It’s been a while since you came here and where are others?” he asked them, making them smile.

“We’re good Chintu, others were busy with work and we decided it was about time that we pay you a visit!” Kathy laughed at him. He gave her a warm smile and headed towards the kitchen. Monish gave their normal order and then drank some water. It was calm and very pleasant until Kathy’s phone rang. She looked at the screen and panicked a bit and her eyes widened.

“Where the hell are you? I’ve been waiting for you since hours!” Ronnie’s voice blasted from the other side of the phone. She winced at his tone.

“Hello to you too!” she said through the phone as if she hadn’t just completely forgotten about him and made him wait for hours. She had completely forgotten about him.