26. Solving the Mystery

Dedicated to: xxSMxx

Chapter 26:

"Are you sure about it? Why should I trust you?" Kathy.
"Yes ma'am, I don't have a reason to lie now...I'm fired from your company, you're married to Mr. Ronnie and you don't even work there anymore." he tried convincing her.
"Why didn't you come before? Why now? Why are you helping me? What if you're lying?" she asked again.
"I'm being honest...I'd to set all this straight; she needs to be taught a lesson. I didn't come before because she was blackmailing me that she'll tell my wife!" he said.
"Why do you trust me? What if I tell your wife?" she asked folding her arms.
"I chose to be nice to you and help you...please don't make me regret this!" pain flashed through his eyes.
"Fine. Tell me everything." she said.
"You were progressing rapidly. It was purely for professional reasons...we both were jealous and wanted you out of the office. She caught me when I was changing some of your works and then we made Th-this plan." He started.
"Then you started touching me inappropriately? You thought that’ll scare me away?" she asked and he nodded.
"We thought you'd leave this office but you didn't...your friends attacked me and I got angry. She made this plan...we made sure you were stuck in the office till the end and we thought that there was no one in the office. When I attacked you, she double crossed me and then Ronnie came to the washroom. That way she was safe and I got in trouble. But that evil girl clicked pictures where he was consoling you so that you'd definitely have to leave this place. I know she has it in her laptop...I've the mail she sent me once!" he said holding his head now.
"Do you have a proof other than that?" she asked.
"Yes." he said grimly.
"And what is that?" she asked him.
"I discovered that she was double crossing me and so I called her and started blaming her for everything that happened with me...so she accepted everything in that phone call and laughed at how stupid I was...I've the recording of our conversation!" he explained.
"Show it to me!" she demanded.
"Take this and make sure she is punished. Please don't let my wife get into this...I really love her!" he pleaded.
"Fine. Now get lost!" she ordered and both of them parted their ways.
'Did any of that make any difference now? Will anything change now? Ronnie is kind of okay and he is my friend now...but Anya should be taught a lesson!' thoughts like that occupied Kathy.
She came out of the mall and sat inside the car. All the time, her mind was occupied. She finally dared to call Ronnie.
"Where are you?" she asked through the phone.
"Office, obviously. Dad and a few board members will be here. I've a meeting in an hour and maybe I'll get late." he said.
"Okay!" she said and disconnected the line immediately.
'I'm close to his office and have time. I should go there and tell them everything! She can't continue working here and create trouble for the newcomers!' she started driving towards his office as her mind encouraged her to go there.
She walked into the office, greeted a few people and walked towards Ronnie's cabin immediately. She knocked the door and waited for him to call her in.
"Come in!" she heard after a while and she made no delay in getting in. She saw Anya collecting some files there.
"Where's Ronnie?" she asked straightaway.
"He's in the conference room Mrs. Shenoy!" Anya smiled. Kathy's fists were now balled.
"Okay." she said and walked towards the door.
"Ooh yeah...I want you in the conference room in next 10minutes!" Kathy ordered.
"Sorry?" Anya asked puzzled.
"You heard me!" Kathy said and walked out of there.
Kathy walked towards the conference room and knocked the door. She was called in immediately but she did not miss the puzzled look on everyone's face. Narendra Shenoy, Ronnie, a few employees were present there; yet she'd tell that the meeting hadn't begun as the other directors weren't present. She walked towards Ronnie's chair and faced everyone.
“Do you mind a little drama here?” she asked Ronnie and he stared at her.

“See, I really need to do this, I’m sorry in advance!” she apologized and then looked at everyone.

"I'm sorry to be interrupting like this... I've only come here to finish an unfinished task. I think you all remember the incident that took place 8 months back?! Well, Mr. Shenoy and I got married after that. But there are some facts that I want to bring light on..." Kathy looked at Ronnie who had a grim and slightly angry face yet he looked at her curiously. She looked at others and at that moment Anya entered the room.
"Anya...Please come in, come here." Kathy said as she smiled brightly at her.
"Yes ma'am!" she answered, unaware of what was about to come.
"I met Raj and he had some amazing stories to share...it included you!" Kathy said as she stared at the girl. Anya shivered a bit but covered up.
"Really? He's still here in Mumbai?" she asked.
"Where should he be then?" Kathy asked.
"I thought he might have left this place in shame." Anya answered.
"I heard that you blackmail him?" she asked.
"Huh? WH-What are you talking about?" Anya laughed even though she was sweating. Kathy smiled and pressed a button on her phone and faced everyone.