30: Lonavala- I

Dedicated to: JoyotyDebnath because she is the reason why I updated this week.

Chapter 30:

Ronnie took a deep breath and glared at her delicate figure that was sprawled across the couch. He looked at the LED screen and back at Kathy.
"You can't be serious. No, I'm not going to watch some sappy daily soap with you!" he cried.
"Only for 5 more minutes Ronnie; look at that actor...he's so cute!" Kathy pleaded making Ronnie roll his eyes.
"You do know that I've just returned from Indonesia, right? Instead of talking to me, you're watching this stupid daily soap...I cannot believe you!" Ronnie interrupted again which earned him a punch.
"Did you just hit me? You're responsible for what happens next!" he said and got up from the love seat that he was sitting on and snatched the remote away from Kathy's hands and switched off the television making Kathy stand up and glare at him.
"Don't give those expressions, you look funny!" Ronnie laughed on her face, making her lose it. She attacked him, which took him to the floor as she’d taken him by surprise.
"Why did you switch off the television when I said give me 5 more minutes? And did you call me funny? You're so going to pay for that!" Kathy sat on his stomach and began hitting his chest and also pulled his hairs.
"Chill babe...you cannot win when you're fighting with me!" he said twisting his body and rolling over making her lay on the ground. He then grinned mischievously and began tickling her.
"No...Stop! I'm s-sorry, please!" she laughed and tried to free her from his grip but he locked her out with his body above her and continued with the torture.
"I'll let you go on one condition...say that ‘Ronnie Shenoy is the cutest, most sexy stud you've ever come across.’" Ronnie said.
"I'll never say that!" Kathy squeaked out as her breathing became heavy but he continued to tickle her. She pulled the collar of his shirt pulling him towards the floor and thereby making his hands leave her side and fall but instead of falling face first like she thought, he fell on top of her. She still laughed at him and looked at him teasingly. His laughter from earlier, subsided the moment he looked down at her...this was the closest he had ever been to her. His eyes locked on her laughing face and on her lips that were curled up showing her perfect white teeth; he looked at her cheeks that looked flushed from all the laughing and her eyes that were somewhat close.
Heat rushed over to her cheeks as Kathy realized the position they were in. Her laughter subsided when she felt his gaze on her and she suddenly became a little uncomfortable. She looked sideways in order to avoid looking in to his staring eyes and tried to free push him away. Ronnie brought his fingers to her chin and lifted her face a little, making her look at him as he tried to read her through her eyes. He got up from his position when he saw discomfort and hesitance in there.
"Uh-um... I-I'll make dinner!" she said and walked into the kitchen, not waiting for his reply.
Ronnie sighed. May be not telling her about his feelings was making this difficult for him but he just did not have the guts to tell her as he was scared of getting rejected. He sat on the couch thinking about past few minutes, their light mood and how the scene had completely changed. He could still feel the way his heart pumped when she was so close to him, he had felt her loud heart beats too. He couldn't help but compare the difference of reason between the thumping of those two hearts. He already felt rejected.
'Hai junoon...hai junoon saath jeene me!' rung through the empty room and brought him out from his thoughts.
"Kathy your phones ringing!" he yelled from the living room.
"Can you answer it for me, please?" she requested and he obliged.
"Hello!"
"Hey Ronnie, Vinnie here! How are you?" she asked.
"Hello Vinnie, I'm good. What about you?" he asked her as he adjusted the phone between his ears and shoulders and filled some water in a glass.
"I'm good. Where's Kathy?" she asked.
"You know, you can talk to me...I don't bite!" he joked making her laugh a bit. Kathy walked into the living room and stood next to him and asked with her eyes who called her. She nodded when he mouthed 'Vinnie'.
"Yeah...I called you guys to ask if you've anything planned for this weekend." Vinnie said through the phone.
"We have no plans for this weekend, why?" he asked and Kathy stood next to him, listening to him talk.
"Actually, we were wondering if you both could take out time and come for a weekend trip to Lonavala." Vinnie asked him.
"We... as in who all are coming there?" he asked her. Kathy gave him a questioning look but he signaled her to wait.
"The entire gang!" she said instantly. Ronnie hesitated before replying. He thought about it and sighed after thinking things through.
"Alright, we'll come with you guys!" he said making Vinnie squeal.
"Thanks jiju, see you there! We're all looking forward to the trip." her voice chimed through the speaker and then the line went off.
"What did she say?" Kathy asked him, once the line was disconnected.
"We're going Lonavala this weekend!" he informed her.
"We?" she asked.
"The entire gang!" he answered. She smiled ear to ear once she took in that piece of information and jumped on him, hugging him tightly.
"Thank you Ronnie!" she said, still smiling.
"Anything for that smile!" the words slipped from his mouth which made her feel all warm from inside but she chose not to react to those words.
The week passed in a blink of an eye and Kathy remained in good spirits throughout the week. She was looking forward to the trip as it had been a while since she got to spend some quality time with her gang. Ronnie on the other hand was a little hesitant about the trip because her gang consisted of a certain Monish who he wasn't very comfortable with. He knew there would be really awkward moments there which he may have to ignore, no matter how much he despised that guy.