8: Unexpected turn of events

Here's the next chapter for you guys. Go read it and please vote..!!

Chapter 8:

A few days passed since that incident and Kathy was completely lost and felt like a loser. She was heartbroken and also lost the friend in Monish as it was difficult to be just friends with him. She almost got raped by her colleague and her boss saved her from him. It became awkward and tough working there facing Ronnie everyday but she respected him a lot more than before. She still worked there but her nature, her behavior all changed a lot. Her parents were really concerned and worried about this sudden change. Her friends tried asking her the reason and so did her family but she only blamed the work load at her work place. She hardly smiled or cracked jokes like she usually did. The care free, happy-go-lucky Kathy was somewhere lost now. Her parents thought maybe she was in love or she was heartbroken but none of her friends knew anything about it. She worked really hard in her workplace and these changes did not go unnoticed by Ronnie also but he thought may be that incident changed her and she needed some time to become normal. He tried asking her if she was okay, if she needed any help but Kathy always got irritated and angry because she wanted him to be normal with her. Yeah, a few incidents can change a person drastically.

But Kathy should have been a little stronger than this because life had one more challenge waiting for her. Anya, her colleague did not sympathize or liked her still. She had her ideas arranged even before Raj was fired. She was way too smart for her own good. Now that Kathy was still in the same office, Anya started thinking about the events that could help her execute her next plan where she could embarrass Kathy publicly forcing her to leave and she soon got that opportunity. La' Hommè had a Board meeting arranged and a few interns and fresher’s were also called in the meeting to complete their training mark sheet. The Board panel consisted of Mr. Narinder Shenoy, Mrs. Aparna Shenoy, Ronnie, a few foreign associates, managers from branches from all over India. Kathy and Anya were there too. Anya made her arrangements for her next plans and waited for the drama to begin without anyone knowing that she is behind all this. Slowly everyone entered the Board room and seats started filling fast. The meeting began and the presenter started with his presentation on the projector and started with his speech but stopped mid way when he saw shocked expressions on everyone's faces and all eyes on Ronnie and Kathy. He turned to around to see what was wrong. He was shocked to see the images that displayed on the screen. There were images where Ronnie was putting on Kathy's shirt, pictures of them hugging, Kathy crying and holding him close to her. People started talking about these pictures and passed a lot of comments on the two of them.

"It seems like the boss is too much interested in the new intern."

"Maybe this is the case of going to any extent for promotion!"

"Is this company safe for women?"

"What else is going on here?"

Every comment was like a slap on their faces. Kathy broke down then and there. Ronnie tried to explain them that these images were misunderstood; but everyone went on blabbering things about the two of them. Mrs. Shenoy put her hands on her forehand and panicked while Mr. Narinder Shenoy asked everyone to leave the board room.

"Ronnie and Kathy, you both wait here and explain me this, now!" he said trying to control his anger. 

"Ronnie did you sleep around with her like you do with the girls in the club? How could you? You can't be so unprofessional!" Mrs. Shenoy cried.

"Do you even realize that you have put our company's name at stake for your temporary attraction? And you had to this in the office washroom; can’t you two get a room elsewhere?" Mr. Shenoy screamed and Kathy stepped back but Ronnie kept quiet because his parents’ words never affected him, he never cared about cared about them. 

"Sir, this happened because of Mr. Raj, he tried to force himself on me and Mr. Shenoy only helped me from him. The pictures were probably taken when he was consoling me, when he threw him out of the office. Mr. Ronnie did not do anything wrong, he only helped me. These pictures are portrayed in a wrong way! I'll leave your office, I'll go away from here but please don't blame us for things that we did not do! Believe me, this is exactly what happened and please have faith in your son!" Kathy finally broke the silence as she did not want Ronnie to suffer just because he saved her!

"But nobody will believe you both now! I really am sorry for what happened to you, I sympathize with you but the damage is done!" Mrs. Shenoy said. 

"I'll leave this office, this job. I'm sorry for whatever happened. Mr. Shenoy Junior is a great man and I was safe that day only because of him. This is wrong that everyone is blaming him for things he never did and this shouldn't be happening to him, to our company. I’ll leave!" Kathy said and walked up to the door of the room. 

"Please try not to make this news so big that it reaches my parents, they'll be really embarrassed! Please it's a request!" Kathy said and then walked out from there and went up to her desk and started collecting all her belongings from there. She heard a lot of things being said about her on the way but she ignored everyone and walked out from the office.

She walked aimlessly on the streets and reached Marine Drives where she found a rock and sat there and stared at the sea in front of her. She was lost in her thoughts and did not realize when tears started flowing down her cheeks. She spent her time there until it was mid night and her time to go back home. She made sure her parents were asleep when she entered her flat using the spare keys she had. She went directly to her room and lay down on her bed and stared at the white ceiling of her room even before she knew she had fell asleep. 

She spent next days like. She did not tell her parents about the incident that happened in her office, she did not tell them that she was jobless now, she went out and roamed around on the streets of Mumbai city and came back home late. She started skipping meals and was completely lost.

Ronnie life also changed because of those pictures. They tried finding who that person was behind all this but they could not find him. His image had suffered because of this and talks about La' Hommès’ Indian head being a bad boss started soon. Though the Shenoy's did not let this news leak and become National news due to their power and status, the business rivals and competent came to know about this news. His parents were tensed and worked really hard to bring out the actual story but the loss was done and they could only think of one solution. They forced their decision on Ronnie once again and he had no choice but to obey them. They went to meet Kathy's parents along with Ronnie.

Kathy reached home that weekend from her friends place and was surprised to see all three Shenoy’s sitting in their living room. They smiled seeing Kathy and she looked at them with a blank expression on her face.

"Welcome Kathy! We never thought that you would hide all this from us. We knew something was wrong. Why did you hide all this from us?" Mrs. Dutta asked Kathy and she froze.

"So my baby girl is in love! Rejoice!" her dad added and she was even more shocked and she looked at her ex-boss with a questioning look but he just shrugged. How was it that they know about Monish, that can't be possible! She thought.

"Of course, we give you our consent for marriage! You can marry Ronnie! All we want is your happiness! Congratulations girl, we are so happy our girl is getting married!" her mom smiled and Kathy fell down on the floor, unconscious.

This was not she expected from life after all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote / Comment / Fan me if you like the story so far!

~Dedication to a commenter!~

Thanks for reading, 

-Hemii :) :) :)