34: Tests

Dedication to: LiLLyCoOLeSt1

Chapter 34:

Days passed with Kathy resting in her room. A professor often came over and taught her everything that was important and required lessons. Relatives came over to see how Kathy was doing and Ronnie made sure that someone always looked after her while he was working as she wouldn’t rest on her own. Ronnie dragged her to the Lab and forced her to get an X-ray done. He always looked after her and helped her do her chores. Awkward feelings and emotions did fill in their house and made the environment tense but they were more of friends and good actors to cover up those feelings. The media speculated that a junior Shenoy was in line when they made a visit to a hospital but the rumors were soon cleared. Kathy now got busy making projects for her college and began preparing for examinations that were only a week away.

“Do you need any help?” she heard him say. She looked up from her sheets and saw Ronnie standing near the table with two coffee mugs in his hands. She smiled at him and motioned him to sit down.

“What are you doing now?” he asked her, as he sat down next to her.

“I’m making the kitchen layout now. I’m done with the bed rooms, living room and the bathrooms. I still have one more project in hand. I hope I can make it in time.” She said as she began drawing lines and measuring every design with preciseness. He sat there and scanned the completed sheets that were lying on her desk.

“This looks good. I hope your house look exactly the same! You’ve to get this done by today, right?” he asked her and she nodded.

“Yeah, I hope this looks neat after I put them in the dummy house that I’ve made. It looks cute individually!” she said, admiring her work. He laughed.

“Yes, it looks cute and I’m sure you’ll nail it!” He replied as he grabbed a blank sheet and began making outlines for the upright office for a movie director. It was a dummy project. The college had asked the students to design three places with a very different color scheme, model and space from the previous one. Kathy had chosen a normal residential house, a filmy office and a design for a beauty salon which she had to submit it before the week ended as her exams began from the next week. She was sure lagging behind from most of the students and the college was hesitant on allowing her appear for the exam but since she agreed to this condition and had a 3month working experience with La’ Homme, the college agreed to let her appear for the tests.

“What are you doing Ronnie?” she asked as she noticed him making designs for her.

“Playing snakes and ladder!” he replied sarcastically, making her shake her head at him.

“You can’t do that. I’ve to do it on my own, Ronnie!” she said.

“How will you do it on your own? You only have two days left and you still have to make designs for that salon!” he exclaimed.

“I’ll manage. You can’t do this, this is cheating!” she stated.

“Alright, at least let me arrange your bed room, living room and bath room designs in that empty board you’ve made!” he said and began arranging them in the empty board she used as a base for her house.

“Hmm…okay!” she replied and both got busy with her project. No one said anything and concentrated on getting the work done and it was almost over by the end of the afternoon.

“I’m hungry!” Kathy said after she carefully placed her house next to the office she’d finished designing yesterday.

“Let’s go out!” he said as he got up and stretched his muscles.