39: A year later...

Dedicated to: Dija_Butt

Chapter 39:

"Love teaches you how to live life...but sometimes it takes the very life out of you!"

"Kathy, its been a month since we've come to L.A and look at you...why don't you hangout with me? Come on let's go for a walk, it'll make you feel better! You can't stay locked up in this room forever!" Rita-the girl who Kathy came to L.A with-said as she pulled her out from her bed and dragged her to the living room.

"Please let me sleep, I'm tired from all the practice we did!" Kathy lied as she pulled her arm out from Rita's tight grip.

"Sleep? Who are you kidding babe, I know you haven't slept for more than an hour at a stretch ever since we've left India. You weren't like this, you aren't the Kathy I know and loved! I've to force food down your throat, you keep on dancing like a maniac until someone brings you to your senses and stop you, you don't know where you are walking, someone always have to look after you. I don't remember when was the last time you smiled girl! I understand that you're probably missing your family and friends but Kathy, this was your decision...you wanted to be here in L.A but see what you have done to yourself!" her friend said, trying to make her talk somehow.

"Rita please just...just let me be! I don't want to talk about this!" she said, her eyes watery.

"Fine. Go sleep or do whtever you do when you're locked up in your room!" Rita yelled making her flinch. Kathy turned away and began walking towards her room.

"Kathy just let it out. Its okay to cry, its okay to become weak once in a while...it'll only make you stronger than before. Talk to someone. Its been a while since I heard you talk, scream, sing in that aweful voice. I want you to live your life and not just breath! You can't act like this lifeless person anymore!" her friend pleaded. Kathy kept quiet as she tried to swallow her tears, her body trembling. Crying was for losers and she did not belong to that category. She was suferring, she was in pain but she didn't cry at all.

"Kathy write down your feelings somewhere if you can't talk, do anything...just let it out and show me how strong you really are...Just don't give up like this!" Rita said and walked out of their small shared rented apartment. Her friends words echoed in the empty room and she thought about this.

Write. Let it out. Live your life.

She opened her laptop and logged in to her account and began writing...she expressed all her feelings, she wrote down everything that happened ever since she left Ronnie.

She wrote about how she was late for her flight and how everyone gave her irritated looks. She wrote about her flight experience where anyone and everyone seemed annoying to her or how she yelled at the airhostess for bringing a cup of coffee instead of tea.

She wrote about how Mariah came to recieve them at the airport and how slutty she appeared to her but was a really kind girl with a very nice smile instead. She wrote about moving in to her new apartment; about how Rita arranged everything and made that place worth living or how classy their dance academy was and about the cute guys Rita pointed at. She wrote about becoming a burden on Rita and others who had become a team and friends.

She wrote about how everything reminded her of Ronnie, how she began thinking about her friends and family. She missed them. She missed Ronnie. She was hurting. She wanted to see him, talk with him, tease him, hug him and just stay with him like before. It was like she had left herself behind as she tried to become better this new person that she didn't like at all. She was lost in her own world and her fingers somehow moved to a contact in her saved phonebook and clicked on the send icon. Her eyes widened when she saw who that person was.