17: Oops, he messed it

Dedication to Slim_Shady 

By the way guys, I'm so happy that I've completed a year on Wattpad (10th September, 2013) and I want to thank you all for reading my stories, for your support and all the love! Anyways, here's another update!

Chapter 17:

"Please stay close...please don't leave me Mr. Shenoy!" Kathy said grabbing his collar and ducking her head in his chest. His body stiffened at her touch and he was more than shock at her sudden behavior. He kept quiet for some time. 

"What's wrong?" he asked her after a while, when her grip on him did not loosen. He tried to soothe her. 

"I umm...I'm scared of d-darkness!" she said feeling stupid.                                                

"Oh" he said trying not to laugh at her but failing. 

They were going back to their hotel room when the electricity went off and they were stuck in an almost empty lobby. She stayed close to him, not leaving him or letting him move away from her. He laughed at the girl holding him for dear life, the girl who could piss him off without any effort, the girl who looked like she was very strong, the girl who had turned his world upside down. The same girl was holding him close because she was scared - scared of darkness and found solace in his arms. He found it cute nonetheless. He wrapped his arms around her and rubbed circles on her back. At that minute, the place was lit up and things went back to normal except the fact that Kathy was still hiding her face in his chest. 

"Ms. Dutta!" he called her but she did not reply. 

"Ms. Dutta, you can open your eyes now!" he said sweetly and she did what he asked her to. She let out her breath in relief which made him laugh once again. Kathy cleared her throat and was beyond embarrassed as Ronnie found about her irrational fear. 

"Let's go to our room before something like this holds us back again!" he said still laughing at her. She quietly followed him. 

"I hope you won't go on laughing about this forever! And don't you dare go tell others about this!" Kathy said once she changed into her night clothes. 

"Says the girl who was beyond scared a few minutes back!" he commented. 

"Mr. Shenoy!" she tried to warn him in a threatening voice. 

"You act like a warrior most of the times and now I find out that you're scared of the dark! Really? Only you..." he said laughing. 

"Like you're scared to live a carefree life!" she said that to herself. 

"What?" Ronnie asked her. 

"It was a fun night tonight, wasn't it? You dance really well and that is so unlike the usual you!" she started changing the topic. She got all perky as she looked at him and sat in the bed crossing her legs. 

"Yeah I can dance because I go clubbing almost every weekend!" he shrugged. 

"Yeah and we won the paper dancing round! And by the way, that picture came out really well. I absolutely love the picture!" she said smiling as she got out the picture from her bag and looked at the picture where Ronnie and she were holding the couple trophy with huge smiles plastered on their faces. Ronnie looked really happy and Kathy seemed like she was teasing him about something. 

They had participated in the paper dancing competition because Kathy was really excited about it and she had almost convinced a jerk in the club and then Ronnie agreed to dance with her to send away that jerk from his 'wife's side'. They were supposed to dance standing on the paper without letting anyone's foot go out of the paper. And after every round the paper would be folded in to half and those who lost balance would lose. The dance got them really close but it was not awkward because they did not really think anything about it except the fact that they wanted the trophy, so that is what happened. 

"You're so obsessed with pictures, aren't you?" he asked her. 

"They're not just pictures, they're memories!" she said and he nodded even though he did not really felt the same way. 

"Are we friends now?" she asked after a while and his eyes widened for a moment. Friends? He never had friends- only acquaintances; and he was just fine with that. She considered him her friend already? She was so different than him, she could easily befriend anyone with a snap of a finger - He had seen that in the club. Could he try and be friends with her? He just kept quiet. 

"You think a lot Mr. Shenoy! Just relax and loosen up a bit. Just breathe in this calm air and let every troubling thought fly away with it!" she said shocking him again. 

"Good night Mr. Shenoy!" she said as she smiled at him and went off to sleep. 

"Good night!" he said and lay down on his couch. 

Next day started off well and they had a breakfast and decided how and where they'll spend their day. It was a good breezy day and the sky was clear, no traces of rain anywhere and it seemed like an apt day to hit the beach. Soon they got into their beach-wears and headed to a beach. They spent the day swimming, surfing - well, Ronnie trying to teach Kathy how to go about and Kathy failing most of them times, they hired speed boats and enjoyed their rides. Kathy took him scuba-diving and they were beyond thrilled just looking at life under water. They came out to the main beach area and looked around the beach. Kathy saw a group playing volley ball and she walked up to them and made a few friends there. Soon, Kathy and Ronnie joined the game and played till they were tired. They then headed to a restaurant and after they were reenergized they sat on the sand looking in to the sea, watching the sunset. Both sat quiet for some time. 

"It was a fun day, isn't it?" she asked him, looking in his eyes. 

"Yeah! It was an amazing day!" he replied, still looking at the sea. Kathy looked away from him and they sat there for few more minutes and then they were heading to their hotel. 

"Ronnie-it's a pleasant surprise to see you here!" a called him. Ronnie smiled brightly on seeing that women. She looked fit and seemed like she was flirty but her assets looked artificial to Kathy. Kathy looked at her with venom. She saw Ronnie talking with that woman for what seemed like forever. She tried to divert her attention and ignore them but then she had a weird feeling. Jealousy? Na...She did not think so. She was only protective about her 'friend'. She finally went there and looped her hand with Ronnie's arm and glared at the women, who looked at Ronnie with confused expression. 

"I'm his wife! You can leave his side now and try your luck with someone else!" Kathy said in a bitter way. The woman was beyond pissed and stormed away making Kathy smile in victory. 

Ronnie was beyond pissed. He walked away from her and got in to the car. Kathy followed him and tried talking to him, entertaining him with her useless talks but he ignored her. 

"Why are you not talking to me?" she asked him when they were in their room. 

"You're really dumb, aren't you? What the hell did you do there?" he spat. 

"Oh so you're pissed at that? Why am I not surprised?" she said. 

"Do you even know who she was? Bloody, she is one of our main associates and we were talking about work and you talked bad things about her and claiming me?" he screamed. Kathy's hands flew towards her mouth. She had never seen that lady before when she worked there and she had to act stupid. Suddenly she was pushed in to a wall and angry Ronnie pressed his body in to hers. 

"So...you're my wife, eh? So let me be your husband now!" he said as he roughly left trails of kisses across her neck, jaws and moved to her lips. This really shocked, angered and hurt Kathy and so out of helplessness, she slapped him on his face. 

"Bastard!" she screamed through the tears that were threatening to fall. 

She gathered all her bags and changed in to comfortable clothes. 

"I'm leaving!" she said and stormed out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote. Comment. Follow me and Share this story if you like it!

Thanks for reading.

-Hemii :)