32: New Year

Thanks for over 20k reads, thanks a lot.
I can't believe that this is the last update of 2013. Time flies so fast. Happy New Year to you all, I hope you have a great one! :) x

Dedicated to: @cannons

Chapter 32: 

Fine toned muscles of his biceps flexed and water droplets cascaded along the length of his smooth, perfectly maintained torso to further down until it hit the tiles on the floor. He stood in the hot shower at his home and he relived the past events from the weekend. The warm water relaxed his muscles and gave him time to think about things. He went back to that time when he had his arms wrapped around her and how close his body was pressed to hers. A sad smile escaped when he closed his eyes and felt his lips on hers. He sighed as he walked out of the shower and dried his body. He then wrapped a towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom, his hairs still wet from the shower.
Getting into a pair of grey colored tracks and sports T-shirt, he walked out of his room and into the dining room. He stopped at the corner when he noticed her walking towards the table with a few compartments of the trolley filled with food for the two of them. She began setting up the table and was still unaware of his presence and so he just stood there, observing all her moves. He looked at the way she pulled back her hairs that kept falling on her forehead while she was setting dishes for both of them, he looked at how sweet and young she looked in her satin pink, floral night suit and laughed slightly when he noticed her wearing a pair of some cartoon slippers. He also heard her sing softly to herself.
"I'm so hungry, thanks for making me dinner!" he smiled. Kathy jumped a little and looked up, a little surprised that he appeared out of nowhere. She felt a little awkward on seeing him and her moves became restricted and measured. She only nodded and sat down on her chair.
"You won't say anything?" he tried talking to her. Kathy had been kind of avoiding him ever since the kiss; she smiled and talked only when her friends addressed the two of them.
"Um- yeah, I'm tired and it's a Monday tomorrow so I might as well go sleep early." she replied awkwardly. Ronnie gave her a tired and a sad look.
"I see-this is how it'll be. You will give me silent treatment from now on, eh?" he asked her.
"What? I don't understand what you are talking about!" she said, as she avoided looking at him and tried to eat faster so that she could just walk away from there.
"Talk to me damn it. I don't like this." he tried again as he pushed away his plate and yelled. She flinched at his tone.
"I think you should finish eating first, Mr. Shenoy. I know you're hungry." she managed to look up at him disapprovingly.
"Wow...you know that at least, I’m glad. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that I badly want to talk to you and clear things out?" he asked her, a little frustrated. Kathy took a deep breath and tired to control herself.
"What do you want me to talk about? Do you want me to talk about what I think about the kiss? Or how did I feel being suddenly kissed by a friend...by you? Do you want me to talk about whether or not I want such kind of a physical relationship with you? Do you want me to answer to these questions?" she asked him as she began to get irritated by him. He lowered his head and kept quiet when he heard her say it like that. She sighed and began again.
"I didn't understand why you hugged me like-like that, back then but I shrugged it off and then you suddenly kiss me, out of the blue?! What do I think of that Mr. Shenoy? I don't know if I'm over reacting...I don't know if I've ever misled you that way. I respect you, I think we're good friends, you're an amazing guy and I'm sure any girl would kill to be where I'm right now..." she stated.
"Any girl but you" he cut her in between. Her eyes widened at that and she looked at him in the eyes. Silence enveloped the room as they kept looking at each other with a lot of unnamed emotions. Many questions swirled in their eyes, pain flickered through them and it soon changed in to something else. It seemed like a stare match but a very meaningful one. Their eyes tried searching for answers to their questions while the lips didn’t need to make an effort to talk. Kathy looked away after a while as she couldn't handle all that intensity.
"Is there anything that you want to tell me Mr. Shenoy?" she finally asked him. He forced his eyes to look away from her.
"I'm full. Here, I'll wash these!" he said as he got up from his chair and began cleaning dishes.
"I thought you wanted to talk!" Kathy asked him as she followed him to the kitchen.
"I think you need some rest Kathy. Go sleep." he ordered. She huffed and turned around to leave but he called her again.
"Kathy wait...Um-I was wondering if you'd come to the New Year's party with me?!" He asked scratching the back of his head nervously after he was done cleaning and drying dishes. She turned around to face him.
"I mean only if you don't have any plans." he added quickly.
"Is it one of your boring business parties?” she asked him after thinking for a while.