38: Is it the end?!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all. I love each one of you! And thank you all so much for all the love and support you gave to this story!

Dedicated to: Lovehna933

Chapter 38:

'Love' a simple four letter word is so complicated, isn't it? It makes you smile, love others and yourself but it also gives you tears and pain. Love has the power to help one get going but it also has the power to break you. 

His tough facade was slowly slipping away, he got more restless and mad about everything in his life with every passing day.

Loss. Defeat. Hitting all time low.

These were the words that defined Ronnie's career and life. He couldn't think straight. All he knew was that time was slipping fast. All he knew was either she hated his guts now or she was a better actor of the two. He tortured himself by thinking how happy Kathy was with Monish or how she would forget him and move on in life with Monish as her partner. Guts was all he wished he had. His fear of rejection made him a lifeless human. But he wasn't wrong, she was the only one who ever cared about him, who understood him, who loved him like a friend. He couldn't lose such an important person. He valued her, he loved her more than he loved himself. This pain was driving him mad.

Past two months had been terrible for him. He lost many contracts, made a lot of wrong decisions, faced huge financial losses, and was quiet in news for drunk driving, mistreating employees and slapping a news reporter for a certain question asked. He began drinking a lot, he hardly went home as he didn't want to see how happy Kathy was without him. He did not know how he'd talk to her.

"Ronnie what are you doing? What's wrong with you?" his dad once asked him.

"What did I do? Oh-the losses?! I'll pay you Mr. Shenoy, don't worry about that... I've a lot of money!" he slurred, his mouth reeked of alcohol.

"You're drunk?" he asked him.

"Shit no." he laughed and made himself comfortable on the couch when his legs faltered and he couldn't stand straight.

"Kathy, do you know anything about this sudden change of behavior?" his dad asked her tiredly.

"Mr. Shenoy are you drunk too? She must be at home, she doesn't work here!" Ronnie said but shut his mouth and sat straight as soon he saw her. It had been weeks since he had last seen her. The pain in his heart resurfaced the second he looked at her. Her face was tired, her eyes were bloodshot and dark circles surrounded them; her hairs were tied neatly though. He wondered if she had lost some weight too.

"I-I don't know why he is doing this! He was alright a month back." she lied, avoiding their gaze. Ronnie let out a bitter laugh at that moment and shook his head as he ran his fingers through his hair. His face had a week old stubble and his eyes were blood shot from drinking so much. The shirt he wore was messy with half of the buttons undone and sleeves rolled up. Kathy stared at him and tears began trailing down her face as she took in his condition.

"Talk to him Kathy, he can't behave like this. Make him understand that he is the Ronnie Shenoy, legal heir of La'Homme, he has certain responsibilities!" his dad told her tiredly.

"Y-Yes!" she quietly replied and walked upto Ronnie. Narendra Shenoy walked out of his cabin and closed the door behind him as Kathy tried to pull Ronnie and helped him sit straight.

"Why are you here?" he asked rudely as he avoided looking at her. She did not reply; she just sat there and took in his face. She brought her hands forward and tried to comb back his messy hairs with her fingers. He closed his eyes and took in the feeling of her touch.