35: Uh-ah

Dedicated to: Beckabecky

Chapter 35:

Making projects was one thing and studying the subject was another seeing as how Kathy was never good with theories. She was lost in her books and trying to memorize all those portions that included measurements, history behind a certain style, recent developments and costing related to Interior Designing.  Pacing from one end of the room to another with a book in one hand and a cup of coffee in another, she looked ready to pull her hairs out.

“Still studying?  Do you need any help?” Ronnie asked her as he entered her room with a smile on his face. Kathy had forced him to go out and hang out with his acquaintances mumbling something about befriending them and actually getting to know them. Ronnie was reluctant but Kathy being Kathy forced him and pushed him out of the house and then focused on studying for her upcoming examinations in two days.

“Yeah, still studying and going mad over these stupid subjects!” she replied as she looked up from her book and faced him. Ronnie sprawled across her bed and nodded.

“How did it go?” she asked him as she sat next to him.

“It was okay. They’re kind of nice but unlike you guys!” he shrugged as he got up and sat Indian style.

“Obviously they’re different. What did you expect? What did you want them to be?” she laughed.

“Do you need my help with your subjects?” he said, changing the topic.

“Yes please! I really need help memorizing this!” she said with a sigh.

“You know, I can’t make you memorize things…you have to do it yourself!” he replied awkwardly. Kathy grunted something about being such a help and then got up from the bed.

“Come, I’ll show you a fun way to do this!” Ronnie told her.

“A fun way to studying? You’re kidding me, right?” she asked him incredulously. He took hold of her shoulders and made her face him.

“Yes, a fun way to study! Now come on, sit!” he told her and made her sit down on the bed. Her heart did crazy flips at his touch and suddenly she was very aware that he was going to be sitting with her and make her learn all those chapters which she thought were impossible to learn, which would be even more of a distraction. That was one of the reasons why she didn’t want him to spend his holiday at home with her. She knew that she’d forget about her upcoming exams and think about all these meaningless things.

“So, how do we go with this?” she asked him slight awkwardly as she moved a little away from him and placed her book in that empty space.

“I used such tricks when I was a student…you know, you can memorize history in form of a movie-since that is your first love!” he smiled at her which she gladly returned.

“Like a movie?” she asked, a little confused.

“Yeah, make it like a sequence as to who started it and then who helped develop the plot and then how things changed and progressed. You can then link other questions with your plot and add it in your ‘movie’!” he explained her and then began writing a draft for her. She stared at him as he began writing quickly and blinked her eyes.

“You still remember everything?” she asked him, her jaws wide open. He shrugged and continued writing and soon the page was filled with his thick cursive hand writing. He had made a flow chart along with some songs and a storyline to go with which made Kathy read it out like she knew all of it already. She was now curious as to how he did all of that in matter of a few minutes. She took the paper and began learning those answers and Ronnie continued writing other answers. Silence enveloped the room and both of them were focused on what they were doing for hours.