6: Hurt

Dedication to: @aditi20

Chapter 6:

"Hey Kathy, I want you to meet me at our secret hideout place. I'm really happy today and want to talk to you about something really important. Can you please come and meet me today during your lunch time?" Monish, Kathy's friend asks her on phone. 

"Sure, see you by 2pm today!" Kathy chirps. 

"Okay babe, see you soon!" Monish replied. 

Kathy with her work until it was lunch time. She had an hour to go there, meet him and come back. She smiled as it was just enough time for her to get over with it. 

"Miss Anjali, I’m going out for lunch. I'll be back by 3!" Kathy informed her senior. 

"Okay, you May go but make sure you are back in time. We have a really important meeting today!" Ms. Anjali replied. 

"Yes madam, I'll be back by 3!" Kathy said and walked out of the office. She called a cab and went to the back yard of this building near Monish's house. Kathy saw Monish sitting there already with his back facing her. She took a deep breath and walked towards him with a smile on her face. 

"Hey, I'm here!" Kathy screamed and he turned around to see Kathy in standing there in her formals, her hair neatly tied back. She was wearing a high heeled shoe as she smiled and tapped her feet like she usually did. 

"You're finally here! I was waiting for you since 15 minutes!" he complained. 

"I'm sorry, I got stuck in traffic!" she replied looking everywhere else but him. 

"Its okay, I want to talk to you about something really important!" Monish said. 

"Of course, that's the reason we are meeting here without our friends knowing about it!" Kathy tried saying this in a very calm tone but inside she was jumping with happiness. 

"Yeah about that, I wanted you to know about it before telling others!" Monish explained with his hand on the back side of his head, rubbing it slightly. 

"Just say it Monish!" Kathy said getting really impatient. 

"Impatient as ever!" Monish commented and Kathy glared at him and he got the hint. 

"Umm yeah...so it's like... it is - I want to tell you that... Arghh, why is it so difficult?" Monish gave up and Kathy laughed. 

"Monish just calm down and take a deep breath and then speak!" Kathy advised him and he followed that. 

"Well Kathy, I'm in love! I really really really am in love with Riya!" Monish finally said and Kathy's smile disappeared when she heard the last word of the sentence. 

"Riya? Who is she?" Kathy asked without any emotion. 

"You know how I go out on dates with a lot of girls, and Riya was one such girl. Just a date, I went out with and it went really well. We met each other very often after that. I've taken her on many dates after that, we talk a lot and everything. And I kind of realized that I'm in love with her. I wanted to share this with you before actually going and proposing her!" Monish explained. 

"That's the reason you called me?" Kathy asked and he nodded. 

"You called me over here, out of all the places?" Kathy asked. 

"Yes, this place is really special to both of us. I wanted some time away from the world with my best friend! I can't believe that I'm in love!" Monish gushed and Kathy nodded, not trusting her words now. 

"Aren't you happy for me?" Monish asked and again she just smiled and nodded her head. 

"Then hug me, you idiot!" he said and hugged her but Kathy couldn't hug him back with that happiness. 

"I got to go my as my lunch time is over and I've an important meeting to attend!" Kathy said. 

"Yeah you should go now! I'll meet Riya and I think I'll propose her today! Wish me luck!" Monish said. 

"All the best and good bye!" Kathy replied and they both walked on opposite direction. 

Kathy couldn't control her tears anymore and they started falling freely now. She walked aimlessly, lost in her thoughts. Her office was 20minutes away but she did not care about it. 

She thought about her friendship with Monish. They were best friends since 6th grade and were really close to each other. Monish was very cute, decent, studious, sincere and a shy guy. Kathy on the other hand was carefree bubbly, kind, straightforward and very confident girl. They were often mistaken as a couple and people found them very cute together. But they were an only friend, that’s what Kathy thought. One day, Monish took her to that back yard near his building and confessed his feelings for her. She was taken aback and asked him to give her some time to decide. She was ready to give this relation a try and agreed to date him and they were together for a few months but soon Monish realized that this relation was not working out and they broke up mutually. They remained friends even after that. Things changed when they entered college, Monish changed a lot. He became confident, looked hot and many girls drooled over him. He earned a tag of a Casanova and was proud of it. On the other hand, Kathy started developing feelings for him ever since their break up, he was more than a friend for her, she got jealous when he went on dates with other girls and shared those details with her. But today, it seemed like her heart was shattered. Monish had moved on, moved away from her. For the first time, he did not notice her sadness, her hidden tears, like he always did. 

Kathy was lost in her thoughts when she bumped in to a lady carrying boxes with her. Kathy looked around and now noticed thst she was away from her office and near an orphanage. That lady looked like she was in her late forties but she looked really classy and impressive. Her skin looked very supple and soft with hardly any signs of aging. She wore a nicely pressed a navy blue netted cotton sari, a pearl set and minimal make up. Her hairs reached the middle of her back and were left open. There was a big Honda City civic behind her and she was carrying those all those boxes and going towards the entrance of the orphanage. Kathy's kind side made her go towards the lady to help her. 

"Let me help you!" Kathy said taking a few boxes. 

"Oh no, it's okay young lady! I can manage this!" 

"It's really fine. Let me help you!" Kathy said taking those boxes and walking with the lady. They made a small conversation on the way. 

"You're really a nice girl! Thanks for helping me!" the lady said looking really impressed with her and Kathy smiled. Kathy went inside and spends time with the kids over there and forgot about her worries. 

She got up and left for her office after sometime. She reached her office and made her way to her cabin without speaking much. She drowned herself in her work so that she did not have any time to think about anything hurtful. 

"Kathy, let’s go for the meeting now!" one of her colleague called her and she got up and went to the board room. She saw surprised to see the women from orphanage standing there in the room. Kathy looked at her with puzzled expression as everyone continued arranging files and waited for Ronnie to come in. Ronnie entered the room and greeted the lady and the lady smiled at him. What surprised Kathy even more was that the lady called Ronnie 'son'. The same expression was reflected in that lady's eyes when she noticed Kathy. She smiled as she introduced herself as Mrs. Shenoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to know what you all think about this chapter so please Read / Vote / Comment on this! 

Also, suggest it to your friends if you can!! Next update on this Friday!! 

Thank you!! 

-Hemii :) :) :)