16: Honeymoon

Chapter 16:

"Who made these arrangements?" Ronnie yelled. Kathy looked at him like he had lost it. 

"This is so pretty. Why do you have problem with this now?" she asked him. 

"I'm kind of allergic to roses!" he replied. 

"Oh" was the only thing that she could say. Ronnie laughed looking at her face which made her look up at him with an eyebrow raised. 

"Your face... You look funny with your face looking like you're constipated!" he explained. 

"Hmm" she replied and he sighed. 

"What's with these one word replies?" he asked her. 

"I remember you saying that you don't like those people who speak a lot!" she replied. 

"Oh, since when did you start obeying me?" he asked her. 

"Why, do you miss my talks?" she asked with a glint of mischief in her eyes. 

"What? No. I-I...do whatever you want! I'll call someone and ask them to clean up this mess!" he said and walked out of the room. Kathy giggled seeing him walking out of the room. 

She looked around the room with a dreamy look in her eyes but it soon turned in to a sad look. 

"Allergic to roses! How will I stay with this man for a year?!" she said and then walked in to the bathroom to take a long relaxing shower. 

"Hey can you please send someone to clean our room in the special suite?" Ronnie asked on the phone. 

"Yeah sure sir, someone will be there in a few minutes!" came the reply. 

Soon, a man knocked the door of their suite and started cleaning the mess. They apologized for such decorations and then Ronnie gave them a tip and they left the room. 

"I can breathe now! Finally, the mess is-..." Ronnie said but Kathy intervened. 

"Mess? You call it a mess?" she asked him. 

"Yeah, sort of!" he replied. 

"You're impossible!" she commented and he ignored her. 

Ronnie started reading newspaper when Kathy came and snatched it away from him. He looked at her with anger. 

"What?" he asked her. 

"For God's sake Mr. Shenoy, we're on a vacation. You're not going to touch newspapers for a few days now!" Kathy said as she sat next to him. He gave her a bored look and took away the papers from her and continued reading them. Kathy gave up then and then took out her phone and dialed her mom's number. Her mom received the call after 4-5rings. 

"Hello mom! How are you?" Kathy said through the speakers. Ronnie paid attention to her now. 

"Yeah. I'm at our hotel in Goa and the climate is awesome. You know how much I love rains... Yeah he is good and looks after me... Ooh obviously I'm happy with him... yeah, hold on a second please!" Kathy said and looked at Ronnie who pretended like he is reading newspaper. 

"Mr. Shenoy!" she whispered covering the phone with her hands. He looked at her. 

"What?" he asked her. 

"My mom...she wants to talk to you!" she said and he nodded. 

"Hello!" he said through the phone. 

"Hello how are you? I hope Kathy doesn't trouble you much, I know she can be demanding and very stubborn at times. But I hope you'll look after her and love her forever like you do now!" she said and Ronnie looked at Kathy who was trying to listen to Mrs. Dutta. He shook his head with a slight smile on his face.